Why I Write and Will Continue to Write for G@G

It’s beneficial to write in general, but these are the reasons why I enjoy and continue to write for GirlsAskGuys. If any of you have an inkling of skill or motivation to write, or even a topic you're really passionate about, I urge you to get typing too!

1. It’s an outlet & clears my thoughts

I mean, G@G in general is an outlet, a momentary escape from the rest of the day-to-day world I live in, but writing gives me something to invest in, and I find I need to dedicate most of my attention to it as well. Writing Takes is often a welcome break, in fact.

The momentary sense of achievement when you hit the 'submit' button is rewarding as well.

2. It improves my writing skills

My Takes on here aren't always the best of quality and won't win me any awards for literary devices, but I have noticed my writing improve (moreso for personal pieces and school assignments more than anything) marginally since I've become involved in writing Takes.

My written assignments are becoming less and less of a chore to do, and I've broken my record for writing an essay in 50 minutes, which I recieved an A for. Obviously, I don't entirely owe that to writing Takes, reading books does help an awful lot as well, but it certainly does contribute.

Oh, and as a little bonus, I'll never be @redeyemindtricks but my typing speed and accuracy has increased a touch as well!

3. The promise of feedback or comments

I am fortunate enough to usually get several comments on Takes, not all of which are gems, but I do get valuable input that provide food for thought from time to time. If I were to go out on a limb and start a blog, or even just write for myself, there's no guarantee that anyone would read it, and that means I wouldn't hear the things that sometimes aren't what I want to hear, but what I need to hear.

4. It’s something that I enjoy

The day that writing Takes become a chore, will be the day that I stop writing on here. But for now, I find writing for G@G extremely gratifying, and I have no plans to stop any time soon.

The Editor Status

Also, let's discuss the Editor status quickly, because it really is just that -- a status. It does allow you to edit Takes within the first 24h of posting which can be extremely useful, and gets your Takes automatically promoted (doesn't mean they can't get demoted though), but it's not a massive deal. One thing you need to keep in mind if you do become an Editor, is that it stipulates that you write at least one Take a month, although it's recommended to post once or twice a week.

Editor of the Month

Some people on here, aside from other reasons similar to my own I assume, write with the hope of becoming the Editor of the Month (occasionally myself too), but competition is fierce, and while it'd always be nice to win, I try not to get to hung up about it, I don't want the main motivator for my writing to be winning Editor of the Month.

However, that's not to say certain Editors I know aren't deserving of the title, they more than deserve it, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened yet. I do have to add though, that it's only a $25 gift voucher, but I think the thing that people hope for most, is acknowledgement.

Thanks for reading, and Editors or people who post Takes on here, let me know your motivators for writing on G@G too.

Luci92 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 18

I agree it is a good place to write, even if its sometimes irrelevant topics. But most of the time I actually write about whatever comes to mind

So... what you are really saying is... You're Bored. www.kappit.com/img/pics/201411_1350_fhcfa.jpg

These are the same reasons why I will continue to write for G@G too 😛

Um ok lol.

Great take, and keep it up. I really think it's a lovely point about enjoying, expressing thoughts and venting.

I wrote a question, a bit of a long story, but would appreciate your thoughts on it? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2161515-can-you-solve-a-problem-like-a-girl-read-description-first-fully

I update it to explain what I am asking lol?

Excellent reasons, wonderful Take.

In my view It's cool to write for GAG but the ultimate beneficiary is for GAG only... I'm just gonna say, for the daily writers (the editors) who are given a task to write MyTakes once a month and recommended twice a week to be PAYED.. Actually a proper term is to get their righteous share of profit...

This is because GAG is using you talented bunch of people to make a content (by copyright. you own the content its your work) YET GAG gets to keep the share of profit from monetization that you editors should have a share. Your articles are put on Google search, people would view it, if one of the ads gets clicks (of course it would get clicked, this site has ads all over) GAG would make money. Very smart of GAG, especially these competitions you peeps are pitted against...
    All I'm saying is the writers of GaG SHOULD get their deserved share of profit.. For those who likes to write, I recommend opening a blogger or wordpress account in which you can monetise and make money from but the downside is you dont have the immediate audience. Upside, if you're succesful the money is pretty good.

#MylongestJustSayin'
    #ProfitForEditors
    #StopBeingGreedyGAG

I think it's only good if you really like writing. for someone like me, it feels like a waste of time. the whole system feels flawed.
    if I wanna write regularly, it's better to make a blog in my opinion. super easy to do and if you know what you are doing, then you will quickly reach a wider audience and I have much more control over it.

the invite system fixes one of my main issues (no feed for non-promoted takes) but still... I've written one because I was pissed and that one might be the only one I've ever done here

Fair enough, that makes sense.
      I'm just very lucky that I have enough followers that pretty much ensure I'll get one or two comments, you know?

I don't wish to write for GAG. Nor do I wish to ask questions. But I reply to questions , opinions and takes. And when I write , I write with purpose and write boldly. I bring out the truth. And sometimes truth hurts.

Are you out of topics or something? 😂 LOL
    I expect more from ya
    You better write something interesting next time cause I didn't read this one cause it seems boring :P

Teach me !

Well I'm glad you love writing then as much as we love reading them !

Corporate scum!

XD

it's it basically working for free? Thought laws required people to be paid.

Very good take - Yes interaction on GaG does keep me sane and when I get time I might write more takes

Exactly! Time is the biggest factor as to why I don't post more often, I have a doc with a list of 20 or so take ideas that I'm waiting to find the time to write lol

I'd love to write more mytakes and be an editor, but don't have enough shit I care to write about at length 😑 Actually, that's not true, but not enough shit I don't think others on this site would care about... plus, most of the stuff I'm too lazy to do

*typing skills... yeah I just corrected you BECAUSE I'M B4TM4N!!! 💀

As long as you're writing both sides of the story though. Good writers do that. They don't stay just one dimensional

What Girls Said 7

• 14d

Not everyone has a talent for writing... or math... or sports... or art... or whatever else, so when I hear people say, what is the point of doing THAT, I just want to say, well what IS the point of doing anything? No one wants to spend precious minutes of their life doing something they do not care for, or have a passion for, or are no where near talented enough to do. We cannot all be great at everything, but the point is, we each are great at something, and we give that something meaning. So in that vein writing is for you and it is for people like me who enjoy it, who are reasonably good at it, who want to do it, and can see the value in doing it.

I have entire binders full of my works from when I was a really young kid to the vast files I've saved up now. There are very few times in life where you have complete control over something, and writing is one of those things. You get to create and explore as far as your mind will allow you to go and beyond. You get to tell your own story, or that of someone else, or just make one up. I love that. I've always loved that. Then you add to that, that other people get to experience those very same thoughts just as you've written them and have their own experience.

• 14d

That was expressed very well, I could not agree more.

I like writing here because I can truly write about what I want. I write for an online newspaper when my articles are published, I have to share them on Facebook. I have family on Facebook and I have chosen to simply not write about topics because of them. I am thinking I should about BDSM next. Even though I'm not into BDSM, I think it has a lot of taboo around it thanks to fifty shades of grey.

I can relate. It's enlightening to receive feedback from a global audience, indeed.

Great myTake! :D

• 4d

good job*

<3 <3 ahha thanks for the shout-out!

Hey, you still have... lessee here... about 24 and a half years? I bet yr typing speed could be WAY up there by then... 😂😂😂

I don't want to sound like a dick but I don't care

There are editors for this site? Lol, do you get paid like Buzzfeed or is it a free gig?

I'm an editor for my school paper, writing lets me clear my mind and the (positive) feedback is euphoric.

haha free gig
      Yeah it's so good!

I'm not an editor but I'm a contributor in my school paper as well.
      We don't get paid; it's just fun to write :D