Why do guys run away from me ?

Why do guys run away from me ? Any thoughts ? I am a pretty nice person I like to have fun but at the same time I like to read,hell I am smart : I'm a med student in my second year ! But I don't brag about at all,I have tried to date guys who were less educated than me,same,or even more and always the same result : NOTHING but running ! Do I look that bad ? Then what is it ? Help please !

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew a girl in college who had the same problem. She`s really intelligent, tall, beautiful, rich, nice, but she chased every guy away.

The problem wasn`t about what she had.

Every guy smelt her desparation. And it scared them off. Or just made them lose interest.

I`m not saying you`re the same... it could be, the guys you like prefer dumb chicks they could sleep with right away, or they have ego issues.

I don`t know any guy who wouldn`t be interested in a smart woman...

I wouldn`t waste my time on guys who would rather be with someone like paris hilton.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 8

• Maybe nobody in your circles is ready to settle down, and a smart woman is usually a settling down woman by your age. It may not be any more complicated than that. Not knowing you, it's my best guess.

• maybe, are you a type of person who likes to be in control?

A guy would feel more comfortable if you let him lead you.

• How did they run away? Did they run away as soon as they see you coming? Did they approach you and as soon as you open your mouth they run? Did they hang out with you and a couple of days/weeks later they run?

• perhaps you are coming on to strong or not strong enough... we would need more info

• It's not your looks, you're cute.

More from Guys
3

What Girls Said 9

• i agree with the other two

Besides, a little fact : guys are actually a bit afraid of intelligent girls

so the ones who ran were just not good enough to be with you...

• It takes a lot of kissing frogs before finding your prince sometimes.

• I agree with Shlei3 - - sometimes you have to go through so many wrongs to get to the right - makes you appreciate them even more though.

• I agree too. The problem is :they don't even give me a chance !So I don't even know if they are frogs,princes,or something in between.....I know nothing ! And that is what the real issue is. I wonder why that is......

• Well, tell me a little abt one situation in particular and maybe I can help ya out.

• I agree with jess7. Be proud of who you are, intelligence might scare guys away but it's only will show who is really interested in you and who is not. The guys you dated are probably interested in stupid uneducated girls who are easy to manipulate. And I'm sure you don't want to see that kind of guys near you =D

• I think they might be intimedated by u...ur smart and they might not be ...and hey be proud that you are smart...don't let anyone bring you down because of this...and you will find the rite person hope I helped.

More from Girls
4