What does it mean when a girl says hello to you but isn't smiling (whether the girl is shy or not)?

Question says it all: does it mean anything if a girl says hello to you but isn't smiling when she says hello (whether is girl is shy or not)?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yup, I agree. She could be having a bad day, is tired, in a bad mood or you caught her off guard. It's hard to tell. Do you say hi to her first? It's possible she's just being nice and saying hi back, but for me it's because of one of the reasons stated before.

• Kinda both ways. once before she came to say hi to me and she wasn't smiling then and once I said hi to her and she wasn't smiling but the thing is she smiles whenever she talks to anybody(from what I've seen) EXCEPT me. before she used to smile when she said hi to me but now she stopped saying hi and doesn't seem to smile when I talk to her. this girl is shy and only says hi to 2 guys (me and a guy friend of hers. she stopped saying hi to me a week ago though). what do you think is going on?

• Show Older
    • It's possible she felt like she was coming on too strong by approaching you to say hi since after all you guys aren't really friends. The looking is definately a sign she's into you especially if it's happened more than once. She's distracted by you and probably thought you wouldn't notice if she snuck a glance. Do you talk to her outside of school? Getting to know her better will make it easier and comfortable for her to approach you. Start out as friends and invite her to hang out sometime.

• Alright, Thank You!

What Girls Said 2

• she mite be or desnt want to be bother. so if she is not smilin jjust say hello back. because it will at least make he smile in da inside.

• hmm so. when I say hello and don't smile, I had a bad day. or is currently in a bad mood. it depends on the girl in question. if she's shy, then... she's shy. if she isnt, then she either is not happy or something like that.but basically I always smile when I say hi. =) so yeah.

What Guys Said 1

• It means that she is simply greeting you, dipsh*t. Evidently, you are not exciting enough to garner a smile.