I know. Hate will never end.

Yet where there is hate, there will always be love.

Before I go on...

To read this myTake, you must be able to acknowledge that you either currently, or at some point, just go/have gone with the flow of society, not really being your own individual at all times and kind of just not embracing your full potential as someone who has a lot more to offer. If you can't do that, or feel you have ALWAYS been your own person, then im sorry Mr or Mrs Coolio, this take isn't really for you, so you may want to stop right there lol. That is all =]

Okay that's that done. So I wanted to show y'all a video of a woman who is well known on social media. Her name is Em Ford and she is a blogger in London. It's quite moving [well, it was to me] and I hope you take a few minutes to view it:

Kinda intense, right? i seriously imagine how I would feel reading those comments about me and I'm almost brought to tears. How on earth did humanity move so backward, so cruel, so heartless?

It's so ridiculous that humanity has advanced in things like technology, laws, fashion, etc., and yet SO BEHIND ON THINGS THAT MATTER, LIKE LOVE, ACCEPTANCE, RESPECT!

I'm also not here to discuss makeup and how much women love it, or how much men hate it. I'm not here to discuss any other aspect of the video besides the sheer boldness of it, SO IF U WANNA HAVE THAT DISCUSSION, I won't RESPOND, ok? :) good.

...

Still reading? U little trooper I like you :P

Call me strange but sometimes I feel so mentally exhausted for my sisters around the world...

Who are trying to force food back out their own throats,

those who starve themselves,

those who cannot leave the home without trying so hard to look flawless,

only to be mocked for being 'too flawless'.

And I'm so emotionally drained for my brothers...

trying their best to fit in,

to make it into a man's world even though he's already a man.

Those who attach their value to women, fitness, sex, money, being 'bad' and the rest of it.

They say he shouldn't cry, even though sometimes he just wants to yell out and sob until his tears run dry.

We just live in a society of fish following a goddamn current with an unknown end.

#YouLookDisgusting .

But no, not her. Hah.... not Em Ford.

She has just shown millions of people who suffer with acne that you are as beautiful and as confident as you allow yourself to feel. She isn't immortal... she is human, with insecurities, yet she made this video for everyone to see, not to mention exposing her haters lol.

What kind of person does it take to be so bold, so audacious, so... 'scandalous', to look around and say "this.... this is all wrong. gotta turn back".

back... to basics?

And so now I ask you...

What if, that person was you?

~j.B

1524
justbanANNAz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright, so she put pictures of herself out on social media for other people to judge, and is shocked by the comments made by people who feel comfortable judging others on social media.

The vast, vast majority of people who saw her pictures moved on and never said a thing. They gave no fucks and went on to the next piece of clickbait. The dregs of the internet are the ones that stayed, the ones who judged, the ones who commented.

That she was verbally brutalized should not come as a shock, and it's misrepresentation to say that this is an indictment of society when the reality is that it's an indictment of internet trolls. Society wasn't represented at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love this. I know it isn't specifically about makeup but reading this reminded me of this question. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1643340-guys-do-you-think-females-wearing-make-up-on-a-daily-basis-is

People say the woman in the picture is so ugly without makeup yet when she wears it, she's still not good enough because then she's "fake." This is exactly why I stopped caring about the opinions of other people. No matter what you do in life, you will be criticized. So, I don't wear makeup anymore and I really couldn't care less if people think I look ugly without it. I have given up trying to please people, I care much more about being myself and that's how everyone should be. People should just be themselves and if that isn't good enough for society, then so be it.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." It's okay to be different and not fit in because sometimes there's nothing wrong with the individual, but rather there is something wrong with the society the individual lives in.

• thanks hun.

exactly, oh my god. no one is happy with anything, so it just doesn't matter anymore. me neither honestly. ill wear makeup max once a week these days.

beautiful quote. keep on doing u girl, nothing is more liberating than being your own person.

• Yes, I couldn't agree more :)

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 23

• No one likes bullies, no big news here..

Her face was pretty without makeup, her acne problem is pretty minor in my opinion and with the makeup she just looked insecure because she used so much. It's also not helping how this video is so obviously intended to pull at your feelz which should always be reason to suspect the creators motive.

How about instead of focusing on her victim status she should focus on the things that make her happy and give her fulfillment and power in her life.

I prefer this persons response to the haters of the world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

• That person has been me. The one that you would think wouldn't be you, wouldn't happen to you, or is something you read about that sounds very different from the ordinary. With acne before in my past, and also other things later in my life. It led me to have an extremely non-judgmental personality, to accept things for what they are and people for who they are far more than the average person. Pain has it's positives too. Those positives are one of the only consolations that make me not hate life, but appreciate it, even through everything.

• Man she is gorgeous. Saw that before the make up. Great my take. I'm such a negative soul that I don't want to post my opinions and reality of all and leave this as it is.

• im glad u think so. and thanks very much.
      sorry i didn't fully understand that last sentence.

• She is still beautiful despite the acne, although beauty really does not matter all that much. The real beauty is from within and is in the eye of the beholder. The only true disgusting person is a person with a disgusting, ugly personality. You can be a thick girl and still be pretty with a pretty personality. Yo can also be a pretty girl on the outside and ugly personality on the inside. I have dealt with all kinds of people. Look at me i'm not the most handsome guy ever, but I still am well liked because I don't act like a pig like some guys do. It's not the look of our skin or our bodies who define us but the content of our character and personality

• Yeah she has acne, but at 1st sight I thought "dang ole girl kinda cute!!!". So if I saw her at a store or somewhere else #IRL. I'd still feel the same way about her #AcneOrNot. Since in my mind "cute is cute" *shrugs*.

She also needs to realize that if you don't have #ThickSkin the world gone eat yo ass alive without a fuck given. I mean don't get me wrong what they said was kinda F-ed up.

But at the same time, it should kinda be expected of people these days via that thing known as the "internet", right? Especially since they can say it safely from behind a computer screen without any harm to themselves 99% of the time LOL

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• Well first off I have to say, I do not go with the flow or follow society, but I read it anyway lol.

Ok onto the meat of this mytake, the video wasn't really an eye opener for me it just confirms what I've always though. People are cruel, condescending, among other things. It's sadly the world we live in, they didn't have any right to say the things they said to her. And I get were the girl in the video was coming from, I suffer from acne as well, when I am pretty stressed I break out and it can be hard to get rid of ( no one has dared say the things that were said to her though )

That kind of thing that should not be done, after all beauty is on the inside, a persons soul, personality, etc. In my eyes that's what truly makes one beautiful.
    Looks after all fade away, looks only get your foot in the door but what's on the inside is what keeps you in the room. That being said on the outside a women can be beautiful with or without makeup.

• Ooops forgot to say fantastic mytake.

• hmm... no comment lol.

• Lol well that's first.

• "And so now I ask you...

What if, that person was you? "

That's the problem. Most people think that it never will be them so they see no point in having empathy. Selfishness, a huge sense of over entitlement, and incompetence is ever increasing in the modern world. Yeah it does suck and it sucks for her to have to listen to that crap. But there really isn't that much people that suffer from this can do. They just need to find warm loving and caring people to accept them and look after each other so that they don't feel alone and they feel someone will have their back if some ass is trying to attack them in some way.

Girls can be and are beautiful without makeup on. They don't need to look like a barbie doll to be loved and accepted.

• exactly. i totally agree.

i think it's hard to convince someone that they can just be themselves, as if it's easier for some people than others. while it's true that this is a condition she is trying to deal with which isn't always in her control, i do believe that people are ignorant about it. wouldn't they know that? if they know this, then y the hell hate like she's got some sort of disease? -.-

thanks for ur input.

• because humans of society can't see past the fleshly wrapping paper. in God's eyes all our beauty and ugliness is crystal clear in the very depths of our heart.

• I got tired of the current so I made my own. And ues, i followed the current until High School lol. Fact is, no matter what we do, there will always be someone who hates just for the sake of hating. And then that will spread to others who take that hate to heart. Who is the more foolish? The fool of the fool who follows it? Bonus points if you know where that's from.

Now I shall leave you Christopher Nolan and Batman Begins, because these quotes ring true for me
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...fce463bdc0.jpg
    jsarappoiv.files.wordpress.com/.../the-will.png

• thank u for acknowledging that. it takes a level of strength to admit that.

that's very true, and damn no bonus points for me.

i loveeee those. so relatable. thanks.

• Everybody has a right to their opinion, however if that opinion is hateful they should keep it to themselves.
    I've recently began to challenge the status quo and mob mentality. I think it's terrible that we are all being herded like cattle by the media.

What right have they to decide what is beautiful? Personally I dislike it when seniors buy into this nonsense and get highlights and put on lots of make up. In some cultures it is seen as disgraceful to do this.

• Right to opinion , what a bullshit cliche.. I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that you don't have a right to your opinion.

• People are stupid what can you do.

• That's what you get if you try to please everyone and don't stay true to yourself. When you just live for other people's approval.. Sorry, of course society would be cooler if people would stop talking bs and shame and just be nice. Guess what? Not gonna happen :(. Why? Because human nature.

• She looks good either way in my opinion. With and without make-up.
    Yes, she has acne. She is not perfect. Nobody is, nothing is. Imperfections make things perfect, if you know what i mean.

I don't know how she is like, personality wise, but I think it's kinda really harsh to judge her on her looks. Nobody deserves to be called ugly/disgusting etc. unless they have a terrible ugly personality.

• holy crap... one of the teletubbies is on gag... welcome!
      i agree.
      yeah well I'm glad u were somewhat touched by this video too. i hope more people have this mindset.

• They're actually a kind of jealous :) which mostly means that you're doing things right (if you also have people who like you)

• that's true haha. gotta love haters.

• Unlike the women in the video negative comments don't affect me you got to to have a thick skin

• i think it's through experiences like this that someone develops thick skin. i find that the strongest people have usually been through the most.
      she made this to inspire others. she is world famous and makes a lot of money, so i think it's just a message about her own journey.

• I think she is beautiful even without make up i think its variable from a person to another but iam sure that there's a lot of people think the same way i think.

• I'm disgusting with my 1 pimple on my cheek ;(

• I sincerely believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one may see it as ugly another may say it's beautiful. Don't judge a book by it's cover. That's what I choose to believe. But not everyone we agree with me and that's ok. That's there choice.

• I have a huge spot on my cheek. Halp! 😢

• It's terrible how people are so superficial. She is very beautiful, bad skin or not. She's lucky she can cover it up, as an ugly guy I cannot cover it up. Women are just as cruel as men and I have no way to hide even if it's just for a few hours. I've actually had women comment that I should just kill myself. I get her pain.

• indeed =/

u could buy something to cleanse ur skin daily. dont worry man there r always solutions. ur not alone. women have told u that? my goodness... bitches.

• I think that video is beautiful. I tell my girl cousins and friends the same thing everytime I get a chance but because I'm a guy my opinion on makeup always gets shafted because people think it's based on looks and not health. When you get down to it your face is porous and makeup is powders and minerals aka dirt. So I've always seen it as a vicious cycle. You feel ugly? here wear this magic stuff for a day and feel beautiful. But that magic stuff is always bad for your skin. Your rubbing foreign material all over your face and it's not water based like lotion. Your body reacts and grows more of the issues you feel are ugly. You get depressed which causes a change in skin color especially around the eyes and you run back to the magic stuff just to look pretty again. Until eventually your skins so damaged you're afraid to go without and when you do since no one is used to your real face anymore they're shocked (or rude) and it pushes you to retreats back to the very thing that's causing a lot of the issue. It's a money making miracle for the makeup industry. Makeup is an addictive substance and a form of escapism. But it's not my face so I'm ending my discussion about makeup here. So moving on to the discussion I think you want to have. Em Ford isn't special. She's not a visionary. She's not radical. I know you're going whoa dude but look at the courage she had! Trust me I'd say the same about Rosa Parks. Em's not the only one. She's not the first one. She's simply the one that has a platform to get it out there. I couldn't count the number of women I've met that have come to understand what Em does about beauty. It doesn't take some kind of special insight or characteristic to go against the grain. All it takes is experience and having a brain to think for yourself. Usually the people that go their own way aren't any different than anyone else they've simply ran into something that's pushed them to question things and they followed the right answer. So I think with time everyone will come to understand the futility of makeup and the futility of letting other people's perception define you. But I also know a new crop of people will come in and suffer through the same journey of understanding. Being bold isn't a charecteristic its a choice. And to be honest sometimes it's not really a choice because it's your only option. I appluad Em Ford for taking the step out of the vicious circle and I can only hope her video will encourage more to follow.

• very true.

thanks so much for taking the time to answer this in depth. i appreciate it.

• It's our imperfections that allow the soul to escape the bounds of this earth. I've heard Em Ford speak in a number of her videos. Make up or no make up, she captured my heart with her sweetness, her vulnerability, her fearlessness in making these videos, her strength in subjecting herself to the ridiculous abuse that resulted from her simply showing what she really looks like. My intuition tells me that she has a beautiful personality, and immaculate heart... and I think she may be one of the most beautiful people I've ever encountered... but have never had the chance, of course, to meet her. I would love to. I would fall in love in a second. She is a masterpiece of humanity not because she's gorgeous with or without make up, but because of her incredible heart and soul. Sincerely, Robert Bruce

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 14

• Wow! That was an amazing and powerful video. Thank you for posting that. I hope that it makes some people sit back and become more aware of their words and actions. We all need to learn to put ourselves in someone else's place and to think about how we would feel if we were the receiver of what we are contemplating to do/say. As individuals, we also need to realize that no other individual is better or less than ourselves just because we look different. We should be building each other up instead of tearing each other down. Love; not hate.

• I was waiting for someone to make a take like this... and now they finally have. 😊
    I am that. I've dealt with it since I was 12. My skin got better when I was 18/19 but then it got bad again recently. Sometimes even makeup can't really do anything. I have noticed in person that some people do treat me differently, those people don't even matter. The ones who don't mind, they matter. This is just temporary ☺
    Thank you❤

• :)

sorry to hear. I'm sure it was tough, especially when u were younger and having assholes make a deal out of it. it is indeed temporary and u know what? it makes u who u r. so cliche but I'm a strong believer in imperfections making us beautiful and unique.

ur welcome lovely. keep on keeping on. <3

• It's so sad how society is. They always expect us women to wear makeup to look beautiful. Makeup is great and all but so is natural beauty. The people that sit there and make those kind of comments about how "ugly" she looks probably can't even really look in the mirror themselves and feel confident. Those people who put someone down are insecure themselves. Growing up, my mom never wore makeup and she always used to tell me "always remember, you are beautiful the way that you are. No need to revise anything. Just be confident, be you, and let your personality shine". I still take that to heart to this day and I want to tell all of the women out there, that you all are beautiful with or without the makeup. It's sad how the media and society sees beauty. Beauty is much deeper than what's on the outside

• Great video and awesome awesome take. This is why there will never be the "perfect" girl. We are expected to look perfect just so long as it's effortless. And yes I realize the same holds true for men, although I think women are held to a higher standard of beauty. (just my opinion)
    Maybe one day we will start seeing people for their character.

• thank u beautiful.
      indeed. it's quite sad isn't it? nah i agree actually.

i think there was this quote that goes "if the whole world were blind, how many people would u impress?"

• Awesome take :)

And I completely agree, i'm so sick on the hate, what is wrong with people when they can so easily hate someone else from looks alone, it's something that I will never understand.

• This is one of the best takes I've read so far to be honest.

Lily gets it
    http://youtu.be/E0CazRHB0so

• I don't wear make up because I can't stand having something on my face but compared to other girls of my age, I only had acne when I was a teen, now I can get a button if I eat something I shouldn't but that's not a big deal. No one never said, look she's not wearing make up, she has a ugly skin, no one!
    I know the message behind that is much deeper than that, but I wouldn't even commented the picture neither. The ones who replied need help, that's all!
    Those days no one has respect and don't realize words hurt.

• She's pretty and she has a nice body and she's white and blond. If she was unattarctive fat and dark she probbaly wouldn't have been comfortable posting the video and you probably wouldn't have posted her video.

• This is a great take. Keep posting stuff like this, you made my evening! 😘

• This was a good mytake that i know i will never really take to heart... but only cuz no one elsewill. As long as the world is sv the way ut is we're all going to try to win at it.

Its sad tho how people on social media don't seem to realize how much their words hurt. There's a real person reading those comments... its not just pretend because you can't see them. Thats why i always try to be sensitive andfind people's good traits

• Well first I think she has pretty eyes and second why is society so backwards and cruel?

• I guess I agree

• 1) It's a cruel world there will always be trolls. The truth is we as woman are more judgmental of eachother. The amount of times I hear my freind who doesn't wear make up advised to wear it to attract guys. Indirectly it's our fault. If make up wasn't a thing a womans make up less appearance wouldn't be dessimated at first glance. Make up can make you a a 4 to a 6-7. Therefore it's understandable why it's a shock regardless of the hate.
    2) Make up was created by woman for woman so now men expect this as the norm. It doesn't help nearly every girl is insecure of Hollywood stars and the unrealistic beutty standards. Im a victim of this, my boyfriend jokes that he doesn't want to wake up next to a monster one day.
    3) Im not advocating hate but once u wear a thick layer everyday and then a random day u dont it will be taken differently by different people.
    4) Another thing is facial imperfections are not a big deal for guys but for girls your parents will take u to get some medication to fix your acne. Nobody is disgusting but look at how many pictures of Mila kunis, Jennifer Anniston there are where they compare there dolled up face to there non dolled up face. It's the reality we as woman have to deal with. Woman are judged heavily by men and woman... Men are judged by woman lightly.

• Videos like these make me hate people with such passion.

So fucking cruel.