Small Breast Shaming

Hi everyone,

I have 34C breasts which cause me to feel self conscious. I have never usually had problems with body confidence and never considered myself to have 'small' breasts until a friend pointed them out. I am a size 8 and I thought my body looked in proportion but now I disagree. My friend remind me daily about our difference (as she has E size boobs) and apologises for me lacking in feminine assets.Small Breast ShamingI feel like woman who have smaller boobs get body shamed and this is seen as acceptable by society. The people who tend to comment are usually larger than myself (my friend is a size 14) and therefore more curvy than me. I feel like awareness needs to be raised about these comments because they are insults, just like calling someone 'fat'. I don't know if I am just being sensitive but I hate my body now and considering surgery to fit everyone's ideal. What are your ideas about this form of body shaming?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 48

• There are frequent posts in this site from ladies asking about small boobs and the responses are very consistent. Some guys prefer big (36D or bigger) boobs, some guys prefer small (34B or smaller) boobs, some guys prefer medium (34C-36C) boobs, and some guys really don't care about the size of your boobs. What most men care about is when do they get to play with them?

Personally, I prefer small boobs on a petite woman. The idea of a woman straddling me, swinging her 38DD knockers in my face, is a huge turn off. Go into private browsing mode and google small boobs and you'll find thousands of porn sites devoted to small boobs.

Your 34C is really a medium size boob and I think it would be wasteful and foolish for you to have implants. There are actresses like Kate Hudson and Keira Knightley who have small boobs and are considered drop dead gorgeous. You don't need bigger boobs; you just need more self-confidence.

• ah hem... Your "friend" is the one doing the shaming with her size 14 butt... and I bet insulted if I called her fat. Big boobs on most of the women that have them is just like a six-pack on a really scrawny stick thin dude with no muscles..."all they got" for not taking care of themselves.

Live a healthy lifestyle, you'll be hawt with whatever it is you got... healthy is what's sexy. Unhealthy people reduce themselves to body parts, and focus on "all they got." Then they do that to others' around them.

Trust me, I'm not the only man that cringes when I hear a pack of obese women telling a decent girl that wants to get into better shape "Girl, if he don't love you for how you are, then he don't deserve you," because I know she just might buy into that propaganda.

• Lol 34c is not small. Plus as long as there is small dick shaming small boob shaming will exist.

• 34C is not small it's above average.
    A is small, B is average.
    Your friend just has large breasts.
    I like 34C it's a great size. Although I prefer 36DD or larger they're both great sizes.

• Your friend is also an idiot. All size breasts are attractive to me. Maybe I'm some weird out-lier, who knows? But I really don't find the size of a women's chest to define whether I find her attractive or not. There are much larger things that define her as a woman, and I'm more attracted by those things.

Also, please don't get surgery. Me, along with most men, do not like fake boobs.

• For one thing 34C is not 'small'.

More importantly, who cares? Sounds like your friend places way too much importance on the fact she has big boobs, perhaps because she lacks confidence in other areas? The Beautiful South summed it up pretty well. www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dj6PgQhlaLPE&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjb0I_fpr_KAhUI7RQKHeKsC-IQyCkIEDAA&usg=AFQjCNGLV8rlXZqjP4b4s-tjxoqYv1bMtg

• Your friend is insensitive. Not everybody is like her. Also, 34C is not too small, it's medium and perfect. Next time she is inconsiderate to you, tell her she is fat...

• OMG why does everybody nowadays want so badly to be a victim in their own lives? We got fat shaming, slut shaming, skinny girl shaming, big and small breast shaming, education shaming, rich and poor shaming, big and small ass shaming, white shaming, black shaming the list goes on and on. Can we stoo acting like we are persecuted and grow a set of balls so that the next time someone insults us we can just say FUCK YOU!
    *STOP VICTIM CULTURE*

• I am a dude, I completely agree it is messed up that people are cruel about it.
    HOWEVER, let me reassure you:

I'm not particularly interested in personailty when it comes to hooking up with people, I'll admit I'm more interested in looks (at least right now). However, I'll say that for me and I think for a lot of guys we base our attractiveness of someone on their face.

I'm not gonna lie, big boobs are a bonus. However, it is the face that determines who I find attractive. Very big breasts are nice but they do not make a person beautiful.

Finally, I've actually just googled 34C bra size and honestly 34C is pretty big anyway. Your friends are probably trying to feel better about themselves.

I realise how it feels to be insecure about the way you look, but please be reassured you are honestly fine.

• Big tits on a fat chick is like an unemployed guy bragging about his day off tomorrow.

She's jealous and hitting you the way all fat girls love to hit girls who weigh what they know they should, and very easily could, but don't, because they're lazy.

Fuck the haters. Next time she does that, lift your shirt and show her your stomach. Apologize for her lack of a feminine waist.

Fuckin bitter salty fats, giving relevant women complexes. They should stick to what they know: extra value meals and cheetos.

• Do not ever sell yourself short.. that is a great size.. I do not measure a person by her breast size.. it is her personalty that counts way more.. and if you meet a guy that says anything about then to you.. I would move on.. there are brighter pastures down the road always.. take care

• Don't forget how many guys love small boobs. A cups are my favourite. My girlfriend has 34C and they are huge! Just put things in perspective and stop relying on other people for your self-worth. People are dumb, and you can find someone who will like or dislike anything at all.

• just being blunt here,

its the same as girls with penis - there's a threshold for how low you'll go, same goes for guys with breasts. they're not going to say it, hell I'll probably get negged into oblivion - but in both realms there's a threshold you at least need to be over - people will look past it in favor of other things (personality, money, etc) just like a woman will overlook old age or a small penis.

• Except men can't flaunt penis size. Women can pull down their shirts and flaunt their breasts. Weather their fat or skinny, if tits are out, no one is looking at your face.

• I'm a tit man, I've tended toward xxxl for quite some time, but I'd have no trouble being with the right flat chested micro boobed woman, no shame no issues at all. It's not quite the same

• guys talk wayyyyyyy more about breast size and ass size and labia size than girls talk about penis.

• Your body is fine and desirable, your friend is not your friend!

• 34C size is not small at all, C is only one step from D. Also if you going to have fake boobs, you are going to get shamed much more for it, as if you are some fake pornstar.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ACupAngst

• Personally, I prefer them c and under.

The body is the body. It's not something to worry about.
    If such a statement can be taken in a good way, that is how I mean what I am about to say. I'm sure you have a lovely chest.

Think about it like this, whether it is a bite from a venomous creature, or venomous words from someones mouth.
    Venom is venom, you treat it, disregard it, and carry on.

Decide you are happy with your body and you will be. That simple. : )

• First of all to me breast size is not important sensitivity is. Second in what world is a C cup small? Your fat friends won't be happy when her boobs start bouncing of her knees. Be happy with what you have I'm sure they're beautiful.

• Quote: My friend remind me daily about our difference (as she has E size boobs) and apologises for me lacking in feminine assets.

Answer: Get a new friend.
    Small breasts are beautiful.

• Because one friend said this you now think it is everyone ideal? It isn't. Without seeing them so I can see your body type let me say C is actually usually considered the perfect size outside porn. Secondly you know most guys dislike the feel of fake breasts right? It is very noticeable.

• I just don't care what size boobs the girl I want to date has , that is because to me and many other men find all boob sizes are all equally sexy, because boobs are boobs. I want to date a girl for her personality , not her body. I want to date a girl that has the following: big heart, mature, kind, polite, and has an amazing personality. All that matters is in the inside not the outside (this can apply to both genders).

• More from Guys
    28

What Girls Said 45

• C cups aren't small in my opinion. And your friend is dumb. But if you're looking for gratification for having smaller boobs then you're definitely in the right place. Most of the guys here seem to be of the "more than a handful is too much" variety.

• I'm 34B and on my frame my boobs actually look big and not small. Don't believe anyone who tries to bring you down. I'm sure your boobs aren't nearly as small as they are in your mind considering how you are C which is anything but small.

• If you're fat, small boobs will look mostly weird.

If you're thin, small boobs will look just fine.

so it all depends on the rest of your body.
    and just to let you know 34 is pretty small for a C cup, which seems rather nice!
    Big Boob and small circumference!

The only 2 reasons a C cup on a 34 would seem small are:
    1. Too many girls are having implants! and the girls with natural big boobs are now being considered either average or small. SAD world we live in today lol

2. If your stomach is bigger than your boobs, then the C cup can seem small.

• well for one thing DON'T get surgery because your friend is saying stupid things to you - there's a good chance you'll regret it. but i do agree. body shaming has become so commonplace that people don't even realize they're doing it anymore. i'm a 34D and my mom once told me that it's not a "real D" because the band is small. did she mean to insult me? i'm pretty sure she didn't. but it's still hurtful. as for your friend, hers sounds intentional. my thought is it's because she's jealous that you're thinner than she is. jealousy is usually the reason people bodyshame and such.

• All the smaller band means is you have a smaller back. We used to call that tits on a stick. Mom's are always saying stupid stuff and they are not even aware they are hurtful. So do dad's I always stick my foot in my mouth

• @dogmans8073 Yep it's a smaller circumference around my rib cage... I learned that when I couldn't figure out why my bras weren't fitting a few years ago haha. And that's funny, I think it's just a parent thing :p

• i've never seen this kind of shaming. she's just tooting her own horn.

• In my opinion your "friend" is a jealous asshole. You say she is size 14 and you are size 8? I think she feels insecure about her body because she's obviously not the slimmest and wants to be so she is trying to put you down for having a slim figure. C cup is perfect, perky and just right. Trust me you don't want implants because you will look out of proportion, and you're in proportion don't worry. It is jealousy I assure you. Don't let them win by changing yourself.

• I kind of have to disagree. Sure women with large breast may be seen or worshiped on TV but when it comes to GAG all we do is boost their ego and reassure them that there's nothing to be ashamed of and that they should be proud of their breast.

More often than not especially on this site you can't go without seeing an opinion or comment about what size is considered too big how guys like girls with small breast and find ones with large ones unattractive. How large breast are saggy, how breast implants aren't needes or are well fake, etc.

But we constantly reassure females with small breast that they have nothing to worry about and in the process of that we tare down females with large ones.

• I just personally think everyone should be satisfied with their size and stop putting down others at their own expense whether they're bigger or smaller all breast are great.

Also C is not small at all it's average and in my opinion the perfect size not too big or too small but if anything is on the larger side than anything else... And your friend only says yours are small because hers aren't big anything past a DD is considered huge.

So stop worrying and take pride in them, okay 😊

• You are body shamed by whatever you do in this life.

I actually think big breasted women are body shamed in a different way. I'm an E cup but no shop on the street caters my size, I'm too big. So I could argue that shops are body shaming me.

OR just realise everyone has a different idea of what is perfect, that's the way the cookie crumbles and life goes on.

Don't go under the knife to please others, or you will end up a walking, botched woman you see on the likes of hauntingly bad plastic surgery programmes.

• C cups are not small at all. I wouldn't consider that small I myself am a 34C cup and my size is a bit in between. They aren't big but they aren't small but they are just right. Don't let what every tells you get to you so easily, they could just be jealous who knows. You shouldn't hate your body and please do not get surgery you might regret later down the road. I am happy with my breasts and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I used to be self - conscious about them but I have learned to be happy with what I have. There are some women out there that would love to be your size, so don't take it for granted.

• giiiirl? you kidding me? no surgery for you, 34C is PERFECT, not too big not too small, cmon, I'm a 34DD and I'm self conscious about mine thinking they're too small all the time! don't do anything, you're sexy that way don't change it! everyone is sexy in their own way, there isn't a definition or a description of being sexy, if you think you'r sexy, you are sexy, appreciate your assets girls, some girls wish to be your size and cannot get surgery, because they're financially unable or they're afraid of being shamed, so thank god you're a C size, and love your body.

• What? 34C is not small at all unless you're a 300lb woman (or man because moobs).

Try being a 34A and being rejected for having small boobs. I wanted surgery for the longest time, but why bother? If you put new tires on an ugly car, it's still an ugly car. Better to just save my money.

• Mine are 34 b and I love them, go see your "friend" in ten years when her es have something between them that didn't used to be there... Her belly button : o
    But I may have miss interpreted what was being said but I think that she is jealous of you in some way and that is why she is always throwing her big tits in your face.

• It sounds like you need a new friend not new boobs! People who insult you and bring you down to make themselves feel better are not your friends. Lose her and then buy yourself a cute new bra to celebrate taking out the trash! I have b cups and I wish they were still A cups (thanks a lot birth control!!) I think small boobs are cute and well... easier to carry around, run with etc. Your friend is just a jerk.

• Plenty of people are assholes, yes you're being too sensitive. 34C is not small by the way, be confident with what you have.

• calm down...34C is not small

• I really do not understand all this fuss with boob size. I have big boobs (34D) and i had them since I entered puberty! the only thing it made me feel is that im fat from my upper body (which i got over now since i realized its not true) but i have a lot of dificulties in finding good tops to wear. SO seriously be happy with having small boobs (which by the way a c cup is not small its perfect)

• You think a C cup is small? Try being an A cup and weighing like 95 pounds bro

• There's a big difference between a size 8 and size 14 so it's not a huge surprise your friend has bigger boobs. I'm a size 6 and used to wear a 34C, I didn't feel like they were any less than average.

It kind of sounds like your friend is just trying to bring you down (whether meaning to or not) which is pretty sucky. I'm sure you are absolutely fine as you are.

• Size E? Thats not at all sexy that just nasty. Their gonna sag and im sure they cause a lot of back pain. Girl your a size C your blessed im barely an A. So as long as they dont look like flap jacks i think you have the ideal boob size.

• 34C breasts are not small and you shouldn't change anything/get plastic surgery unless YOU want to change it. I personally would find a new friend who would support and love my body instead of shaming me whether it be on purpose or accident, it's not right.
    Also boob shaming is a big deal especially since it shouldn't really matter. True, everyone has their own preference, but all and all as long as you love yourself and find a SO that loves you without having to change anything then that's great. If someone is shaming you for your assets then find someone who will appreciate them because at the end of it, you'll be hurt and regret staying with them for so long.

• More from Girls
    25