Body hair on a female

You see body hair on a female is a very much taboo. I find if I present myself to a boy/girl and they realise I have hairy armpits I will have 1 of 3 reactions "are you a feminist or something" "eew that's gross" and of course there is "no recognition " no recognition is a very good reaction because it shouldn't really be something that causes a problem if i don't shave it's my choice and I'm unsure of why it's frowned upon or found unattractive after all it's only natural. Why do us women have to conform to be beautiful because everybody does have some beauty somewhere. I'm personally upset at the fact when I search "body hair" the first answers is body hair removal.Body hair on a female

Would you date a girl with body hair? If not why? (I will not argue its a person preference)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 27

• No, I wouldn't I just don't like women with body hair, just like I don't like body hair on me. It's just a preference, and I hate when girls say "that's superficial, it's her body, blah blah blah" true, but it's also my decision to feel attracted or not, just like women go for muscular guys, some guys don't want to grow muscles, period.

Their body, their decision. My mind, my decision.

• You can trim them all I guess.. But main point is does it matter? I'm hairy too especially on my legs hahah. Sometimes I m really scared by girl coz of this reason. Anyway for me its okey we can be good hairy couple I guess with her

• I like a girl whose all natural with body hair, i want feel that
    mature feeling of being with a real female i don't want feel
    that I'm with a young girl or preteen cause it just freaks
    me out i don't mind a full bush but i do highly respect those who
    got their own preferences that is theirs and this is mine is the
    way i see things.

• I'm a fairly hairless guy and I like my women the same :P
    Too much hair just isn't attractive on anybody especially women

• hehe, I dated a Russian/Chinese chick, she had a hairy back. It felt like my arm lol

• Did you feel grossed out about it or you just didn't care?

• her body hair was black. I didn't care until I started to dislike her. Then all I could think of this girl looks like an ape

• I'm cool with pubic hair. That's it.

• depends fine hair is nice... more than that... nope!

• Body hair is disgusting

• You have the right to unshaved armpits just as much as I have the right to a beard that goes bellow my crotch.
    We shave because society will judge us based on our appearance.

• I say it's only fair if I get rid of mine for a girl that they do the same for me. I could rock a great big bushy beard, chest, arm, armpit, and lots of pubic hair. Hair does hold in sweat and stink though

• What girl DOESN'T have body hair? Who shaves every square inch of their body? I can understand legs, armpits, and the bikini region by the rest should be fine.

• They can have body hair, I just won't date them.

• perfect ^ sick of girls bitching about body hair and make up and then getting offended when a guy says he won't date them

• Why assume I'd get offended? I'm problem isn't guys not dating girls with body hair because it's personal preference it's when people call it "disgusting " because it's not discusting

• I genraly don't notice hair on girl until it is heavy but one day I found that heavy I am think it is bad but honestly there are many more things we have to consider more then the hair like her nature, respecting others like that😃

• I don't like hairy women, they look like men for me... Problem?

• I enjoy girls with smooth skin. Not sure I would want a girl who refuses to shave her armpits, because:

A. I dont like it
    B. It gives an unkept appearance and is distasteful to many. I do not want to be seen with people who are commonly viewed as slobs.

• I'm Asian and have almost no body hair at all HAHAAHA. I mean other than the typical places...

• Honestly, it depends on how much hair there is. A lot of women I've dated said they hadn't shaved their legs for weeks, but I could barely tell at all. I'm actually not a real fan of too much body hair on a woman. I love caressing her smooth skin all over :)

• Their inner heart is much more important in dating than their body hair. Hair or no hair, it doesn't matter very much in the end.

• body hair on a girl is not only normal but it is often very sexy. one of the most beautiful girls i have ever known has a "happy trail". that is a thin ribbon of hair extending from her pubic hair to her navel. she also has hair around her nipples and a tiny tuft between her breasts. yes she is mildly androgynous but she is one of the sexiest, most beautiful girls ever to grace the planet. as for shaving the pits that did not become popular until dress designs went sleeveless in the 60's. and i still am of the opinion that shaving the pubes clean is perpetuated by the porn industry to give the vulva of a physically mature woman or girl the appearance of a prepubescent girl. so i say a big yes to body hair on a girl. it is a sign of physical maturity that shouldn't be removed to satisfy anyone else but the girl herself. that's not to say that landscaping the playground and keeping it tidy is a bad idea though ;-)

• Honesty, I don't really mind body hair on a girl. Underarm and pubic hair are definitely ok. Sometimes smooth legs can feel a little nicer, but if that's not what she wants, it won't make me any less attracted to her. I am also upset by this trend of hair removal in our culture. Girls should be able to keep their bodies how they are without being frowned upon.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 19

• I do get weird out by male armpit hairs, lol. I can live with it but still is weird.

If I could I would get the hairs on my legs, arms, and bikini laser off. I don't like wearing cloths and feel hair being stuck or brushed by them.

• I'd date a girl with body hair. It'd be hypocritical if I didn't, I mean, it's been at least two years since I last shaved my legs.

• i permanently removed my body hair because it feels better this way

• As an arab, I would detest a man who claims to be attracted to arab women, yet expects us to shave.. Like no... If you like arab, you like hair...

• I wouldn't mind dating a girl with body hair. I have them motherfuckers too. The positiv side of being hairy is that we have nice hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.
    I'm tired of having to shave myself for men who were proud when they got their first hairs.

• It depends. If it's ridiculous, like you don't trim it or anything, probably not because to me it'd seem like you don't really care about your apperance in general. But if you keep it neat, I don't care. This said, I'm a pansexual girl, and this goes for all genders.

• Ewww no just hair on my head that's all no need for anywhere else

• I personally believe that a woman is beautiful the way nature made her. She doesn't need to shave or put on makeup for boys to like her or for her to like herself. A boy's overall opinion on a girl will not change because she doesn't shave. Please don't worry about finding a man that will date you if you don't shave and never get pressured into shaving because of others opinions or comments. Here is a story: My sister and her friends were talking and somehow the topic changed to body hair. Some of the boys and girls were saying they found it disgusting if a girl didn't shave her body. Then, my sister's boyfriend said "I'm to busy looking at my girlfriend's hips to care if her legs are shaved." The End

• Don't care what other people think If a guy can't like you for who you are then they aren't the righ one for u

• It's just a cultural thing. The reason we find it gross when a woman doesn't shave is because that's just what we are used to, that's the norm for us. There are places in the world where it's seen as attractive and normal for a woman to be hairy. A lot of guys in those places would find it disgusting if a girl DID shave, just like how we find it weird when a girl doesn't

• If you don't want to shave, don't. But don't expect a guy to like it.

• I don't expect a guy to like it after all it's personal preference I have a boyfriend who is perfectly okay with it. It's when a guy (or girl) calls me disgusting

• yeah that's uncalled for

• Body hair is there to regulate your temperature.

Sometimes I wax, but often, I don't. Some people look at it. I love seeing their reaction of disgust. At these times, I love being androgynous.

Only where I'm seeking approval of a person so bad, then I feel conscious about it.
    Because it's always hailed as being ugly on girls, sometimes when I look in the mirror, it looks unpleasant. But makes me wonder how the world has made me look at myself, how it shapes my judgements and perception about myself and others.

If there's a trend of liking body hair on women, I think think the stigma can be pierced. Or at least pinched.

• That was a very good comment. I agree 100%. It's weird how society has shaped us into being something that we may not have originally been designed to be. That's actually a very interesting thought

• I agree completely with everything stated here.

• Men have actually associated hairlessness to feminity as a result of social double standard and now this is the side effect. By the way I agree withh you.

• Personally I don't like having any hair on my body below my eyelashes lol
    It's a personal preference, but most guys I've been with prefer it that way (or at least armpits, legs and lady parts) so I guess that slightly contributes
    But either way I would remove hair. Whatever you're comfortable with and makes you confident is the most important thing

• Armpit hair and gebtial should be kept tamed on all peoples

• I for one agree with you. Body hair isn't unhygienic, in fact it was made as a defense against dirt and all the things that can make you sick. I shave maybe once a month if that. I dont really have the time for that nonsense and I find it ridiculous that a 16 year old understood the point of your mytake better than people in their 20's and older.

• Hair is itchy so some people remove it because of that. And I know plenty of people who don't "do as the crowd does". Honestly though smooth skin feels really nice, but I certainly don't follow everyone else and I don't feel compelled to. I go weeks and sometimes months without shaving and then one day I'm like, you know what I want to feel really clean right now so I shave from neck although way down to my toes and it feels amazing after.

• I don't know. if girls dont wanna shave anything idrc. its their choice and all. i know it's a pain to shave sometimes, but i always shave my armpits just bc they start to smell if i dont? (of course i wear deodrant) but long armpit hair makes my armpits smell lol.. i usually don't shave my legs in the winter a whole bunch because i hang out in pjs and pants. if im gonna wear shorts ill shave them. but i dont really care if others don't shave. it doesn't effect me in any way really.

• If I was bi, I would only if they shaved armpits. Trimming hair is better though.

• I'm a girl and can't stand not to shave. I personally find it unhygienic and unattractive. I naturally have blonde body hair that's very thin and you can't really tell if I haven't shaved for awhile, But I know and it bugs me. I can't go a day without shaving, I hate the way it looks, and feels. But that's just me, I think you should be free to do whatever you want, and whatever you feel like doing.

• And when I say unattractive I mean in general , I really don't like a lot of body hair amen either.

• On a men.* not amen