Should I hide self harm scars at my own wedding?

Getting married yay! But I have self harmed for several years prior and have quite a few scars that haven't faded very well. My fiance, friends and family all know about it and are very understanding of my past so when I asked him whether he would prefer I hid them or not, he said he didn't mind and it should be my decision.
Do you think I should hide them or not? They aren't that noticeable but are spread all the way down from my shoulders to wrists. I'm not ashamed or proud of them either, I just want to know what would be best for everyone present at the wedding, particularly him. Suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Congrats, sweetie, tis your Big Day so you want to make sure that Everything Is... Picture Perfect.
    Wit this, for it just came to my mind, you will not Only be in the Public's eye but Also in the cameras with Photos being shot at every angle in Every way.
    I can suggest liquid make up or some sort of Spray filler that can help with the Flaws. However, being it's summer, the heat would Erase... All.
    Let's do it this way. And I, for one, would do it as well. End the madness, don't feel that you might end up feeling self conscientious So... Buy the Best of the Dress and make it Long... All way round, sleeves and all.
    Enjoy your Big Day, it's supposed to be only once in a lifetime. xx

What Guys Said 2

• yess definitely

• goddamn attention seeking emos n ur cutting -_-

What Girls Said 6

• It is all about how you feel and the scars are a part of you so the decision is up to you as well. Everyone already knows about them so it isn't about a matter of hiding. However they have creams and such to help scars fade so they aren't as noticible. If it'll make you feel better to have them more faded so they look older that could be the best option

• i think on the happiest day of your life you dont need it as a reminder... when are you getting married? is it far away?

• congratulations!!!
    maybe you could wear a long sleeved wedding dress?

• Congratulations! And yeah if you feel comfortable wearing a long sleeved wedding dress to cover it up then you can

• Congrats!!! Um well there is special body makeup for that stuff. I've used it on my scars for special occasions. If ur more comfortable covering it up. Use that. And still be able to show ur skin 💛

• You could buy some special camoflage make up for scars etc that is designed to cover up scars on the body and have a dress or a cover-up that covers your shoulder and looks part of your wedding outfit.