Cheated on my wife with my son's babysitter?

(first of all, I'm actually 28 years old). my wife went to visit her parents and left me at home with my 3 year old son. I hired a babysitter (Mindy) since I was finishing up a project for work. after work, I made sure my son was safe, well fed, and asleep. the babysitter showed me that he was sound asleep. we then talked and watched Netflix together. I offered her some champagne and we drank together. then we had sex in the family room while my son slept.

what do I do? should I just hide this? a divorce may hurt my son. or is firing Mindy a good idea and leaving this behind?

Mindy is 21 by the way

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a typical porno scene. Kid sound asleep and dad is fucking the hot young babysitter. FIRE MINDY! She's a home wrecker and should've known better than to drink to excess while on the job! YOU! Should know better than to intoxicate her and take advantage of her while she's under the influence. You need to TEL YOUR WIFE! She has the right to know about your infidelity and you better pray she takes you back. You don't deserve her because you fucked up. Clearly she isn't enough for you so you decided to have more. That poor child. You better shape up! PRONTO!

• "Should know better than to intoxicate her and take advantage of her while she's under the influence."

This is retarded, she is a grown adult who can make her own decisions, not some stupid child "victim" who doesn't know right from wrong."

• It doesn't say she was intoxicated past her limit... You made that up.

• @mutedaisy I thought I read that but I read it again and it didn't say. Whatever! Point is he cheated and the situation is foul. Period.

Most Helpful Guy

• what should you do? tell your wife and yes firing the babysitter will need to happen. your wife shouldn't have to see her and be reminded of your infidelity and will not trust you to be around her... that is if your wife decides to stay with you

What Girls Said 15

• This sounds fake as fuck for a number of reasons:

1) How on earth did you manage not to cheat in 3 years, then suddenly the easiest most cliché scenario manifests and you just end up fucking her without any hesitation as if you were single? Did you get your script from PornHub? Sorry, but this doesn't seem even remotely plausible.

2) The description of your cheating has zero regret. You're describing a story and even go so far as to mention this babysitter's name several times, yet your supposed wife's not even hinted at. You've focused on making your post sound like an interesting read rather than seeking genuine advice.

3) The topic of cheating has been heavily discussed this week causing a lot of anger and heated discussions. It seems you're taking the opportunity to stir more shit for your own amusement while everyone is still so riled up over multiple cheater confession shitstorms.

In short: not buying it.

• I think your son would be more damaged by a broken and fucked up marriage than a divorce that he's not even old enough to truly understand.

• As a child of divorce and a clinical psychology graduate. It's better for the child to be raised by divorced parents who realize that they don't belong together and behave amicably than by parents who hate each other. If you try to hide it, it will just come out later and be a million times worse.

• What do you do? Fire the babysitter, second tell your wife if you feel like you should be honest and with her, I can't tell you what to do but be honest with yourself and be glad she trusted you with the sitter in the first place but on second that she SHOULD be able to trust you and not even think about it. You ruined that

• Your son is too young to be damaged by a divorce. If you can't keep it in your pants, you should get a divorce. Own up and take responsibility like an adult.

• Fire her and tell your wife!

• Get rid of Mindy
    Tell your wife and if you're truly sorry go to counseling and make improvements to better your marriage. I think your marriage should be top priority. Own up to all of your actions.
    I hope you are sincere and regret your actions.. definitely show that to your wife. I'm sure it will take time, but build that trust back.

• Man it depends on the girl... if u regret i'd forgive you... i donno 90% i won't...10% i will forgive you... you should tell her even tho it will hurt her... but at least you'll be honest... and also tell her that devorce is not a solution and you really was drunk and fire mindy... dont tell her the women's ID if she doesn't know its good so tell her you were drunk and it wasn't meant. I really hope best for you... i'll prey for you ! This is really fucked up

• Noyce try... I dont believe it

• I dont believe you

• Tell your wife what you did and work somethig out together.

• Yeah this is a bad situation! I would come clean

• lol. Mindy.

hope Mindy tells your wife.

• Stop watching porn, kid.

• Tell your wife, don't hide it. That's selfish and she deserves to know. You have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

What Guys Said 17

• Keep it under wraps. Even if I'm told I support dishonesty, I say that any revelation that brings about misery to someone innocent (your son in this case) isn't worth it.

Since you are feeling bad about this, just don't repeat it again. Why would you want to fire someone and make them lose their livelihood especially when you are equally involved in it.

Your revealing this escapade and risking a divorce is equal to firing her.

A divorce won't hurt your son it will devastate him. I'm a separated man and one thing I never counted on was never being able to be a father to my child. More so because my child misses a father's love, caring, support, pampering and protection. There are things that only a father can provide just as there are things only a mother can.

I'd say sweep it under the carpet and don't fire the girl unless she shows signs of persistence or gets insidious :)

• That was your plan from the start, wasn't it? People don't accidentally get naked and put their weenie into other people, let alone let them do that. If this isn't purely inspired by porn, then I don't see why you would even want to tell your wife. Unless you want to manipulate her into breaking up with you. But then again, there are less roundabout ways of achieving that.

• No, you shouldn't hide this from your wife, first of all you shouldn't have cheated on her, you have already committed an unforgivable act. I don't think you have any regrets also, so you should tell your wife and ask her give you divorce and once you are single again, you can do what you like.

• Yeah you should hide this deep in your soul, for starters don't tell anyone ever, not friends not family nothing and you should keep mindy babysitting as normal or maybe use a different baby sitter every now and then but you definitely don't want to piss this baby sitter off she might blow the lid off this thing. And for fuck sake don't screw her again. Chalk it up as a mistake and forget about it and her.

• Confess the truth to your wife, don't fire the babysitter you are the one primarily at fault here because you are the employer and she is the employee. In addition it looks like you seduced her. Hopefully for the sake of your son you can patch things up.

• Well firing Mindy is a obvious must. I think your wife has a right to know. What would you think if this were reversed? wouldn't you want to know?

• It sounds like this never happened and you just took this scenario from a porno.
    If it is real, then I think it's best to get rid of the babysitter and tell your wife.

• This is bad beyond bad... the options do not look good for you

• Congratulations

• I can't believe how casual you are about the episode and going forward.

• Netflix & Chiiiiill!

• This is a porno.

• Wow everyone here believed this story :P

• You're both as bad as each other, as in the baby sitter is as guilty as you. Just keep that in mind.

This kind of sounds like a troll question.

• well man you fucked up thats for sure , I don't know if you wife can really forgive you cheating is not okay at all , you should've known better than to sleep with the baby sitter what were you thinking?

• That's hot... sort of like a porno

• You're going to need a babysitter for that new baby you just put in your son's babysitter