Things I hate about Facebook

1. Game Requests

Things I hate about Facebook

There's nothing else in the world I hate more than facebook game requests. Candy Crush, Farmville, Pet saga rescue, etc. Annoying as hell, can you please stop the addiction?

2. Tags

My number one facebook pet peeve. If I'm not in the picture, DON'T TAG ME!

3. The Bragging

People bragging about having the perfect life: perfect body, perfect family, perfect girlfriend/boyfriend. I mean, there's nothing wrong about that but when someone is constantly bragging about those things on facebook, it becomes annoying.

4. Food Pictures

Facebook is not Instagram, and even so, I really find it extremely annoying. Just eat your food, stop making me hungry! aha

5. Weather Updates

So there you have it! These are some of the things that I hate about Facebook. What about you? What are your Facebook pet peeves?

cl_517 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• You have forgotten the complaining about the railways for example and the public fighting

• I 100% agree with you that's why I deactivated my facebook last year the last time I was on was a year ago.

• I am actually on facebook so little that I don't notice number 1 - My friends are not bad for tagging maybe because they know I probably won't see it - High five for number 3, it drives me potty wait till your my age and it is all about the kids - Four for me ( probably shows the class of people I hang around with ) is bars in various parts of the world - Number 5 is the weather report from these various parts of the world.
    I hope none of my friends join GaG and read this but my biggest peeve is hearing about the kids - When you are single you don't really care about playdates.

• Lol quite literally the only one I've seen or experienced is weather on occasion and the game one but that rarely happens. Of course I don't friend strangers or random people which many people do on there, most of the people I have on my list a meager hundred some people are all people I know.

• That is more than twice the number I have. lol. If your list is meager mine must be the definition of 'paucity'!

• I have 562 friends on mine. I lived in a few different places though , but I hardly talk to any of them.

• @Kris85 I'm talking only like close friends.

• I've been tagged in places I've never been to and pictures I don't appear in. Strange.

• What I hate about Facebook? Facebook! That why i never f*cked wit any social media bullsh*t. And i never will

• Ok i like you!

• The tagging in photos I'm not in is ridiculous. It's happened to me before.

Other ones for me...

The girl with the 10000001 photos of her baby- I had to hide her from my news feed because I felt like my feed was becoming a photo album of some baby I didn't know or care about.

The political nutcase- That person where if you post something even somewhat critical, that person sends hate mail. I posted a podcast once and it was from anti-feminists and got this superlong email ranting about it and it overtime she wouldn't let it go and just kept going on and on. I can always tell a person's a nutcase when someone writes to me online because the messages are super long and you can tell they're worked up emotionally and I can't deal with those kinds of people. What doesn't help nowadays is that when you "like" something I think it's showing up in the news feed now. I've read things online about people getting angry messages just because they liked an opposing political view.

The person posting something clearly aimed at a specific person but as an open facebook post- This is obviously because people nowadays are so non-confrontational and scared but they want to rant.

People getting fired because of facebook. I find these hilarious. They post their job rants or people catch them not being "sick" like they claim or they friend their boss and don''t want to face the consequences of that. Somebody screenshots their post and gets in touch with the HR dept. These people are drama filled.

Other than that, sometimes the posts people make are just... TMI.

• Here's what annoys me. Women post stuff like this...

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...835bb73ba49bb3dd42bd2.jpg

The woman is on food stamps and her house is covered in dog hair and puddles of piss that her babies crawl through while she sits on her fat ass playing on her phone and posting shit on Facebook. That is when they are actually at her house and not at their grandparents. Every year her and her goober husband get a five thousand tax return, they don't spend a red cent on the kids, don't even buy them toys. They buy big screen TV's and new phones and go on cross-country vacations where they stop at strip clubs and buy lap dances though.

• I know someone just like that. I don't have her facebook but she has 2 kids from some guy she's not with and hunts down rich men on pof. com and screws them. She got evicted from one apartment she said had a huge rat in it and I'm sure she was likely not taking care of the place.. She acts like life is so hard when she has free daycare from social services, food stamps, WIC, and a rich boyfriend from pof. com that she gets money from. I love how they act like life is so hard when they do nothing but take handouts all day. She comes to work rushing in like it's the end of the world, immediately goes to the bathroom after punching in wasting time, then at work she watches facebook videos all day and whines about every movement she has to make.

• This is why I stopped using Facebook. There is really no point except some websites and mobile apps require a Facebook login.

• I haven't been on FaceBook for months... I really don't care about it anymore.

• I left that fakebook over a long time ago.

• One thing I don't like about facebook: Social tracking not so private media.

nuh... I'm not someone to be spied on.

No facebook account, no problem ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• First two problems you mention here is changeable from settings!
    fb is still upgrading it's ways to reach you with the things you wanna read/like in your news feed
    .
    *Pro User ;)
    .
    I can't leave fb as this is the only way to reach people I knew or love to talk to.
    usually I don't join strangers but I've made 4 or 5 (unknown) best friends which is totally awesome even if we don't get chance to talk on fb some-time then we'll talk with other mediums (Phone, Email)

• I'll list what I like about Facebook, should be quicker:

Core function of connecting to irl friends/acquaintances and chatting. Facebook chat is sort of superior to email in my opinion.

Events. One of the few reasons I still have an account.

Music recommendations (YouTube serves the same function, I'm just not much of a YouTuber).

Apart from that, Fb can go die.

• People who complain about Facebook being dramatic. Usually the people who complain are the most dramatic.

Also people who feel the need to post a selfie, especially when they're just doing basic shit like going to the grocery store and running other errands.

Some people feel the need to update everything they're doing. Some people make statuses about going to the laundry and dmv and that'll be it. Would you really talk about that shit in a conversation? That sounds pretty fucking boring to me.

• I am 100 prevent with you on this one. I have a few Facebook friends that constantly post selfies for no reason, always update their status every hour and I just wanna tell them "you know what? You're not as hot as you think, stop looking for constant attention and nobody gives a shit about your statuses". Drives me up the fucking wall.

• Percent.

• When facebook had that anniversary or whatever I got a kick out of people who let that video run of them. The video was supposed to highlight their most liked photos or whatever I think. Yet all kids' timeline highlights were "This year you posted this selfie..." "Your most liked photo was this selfie..." It makes people's live look self absorbed and depressing.

• You are leaving out those stupid inspiration quotes both men and women leave, after they go through some break up. As if anyone actually cares what your going through
    -_-
    Or those "Im mad status's" where you have to read a god damn paragraph just so someone can get their point across.

Oh yes and the constant updates of what someone is doing in their house.

• lol you forgot advert posts, i kinda hate them its like is this my news feed or some marketing shit

• Unfortunately, the game invites are not the fault of the user. Facebook just sends those out to everyone on the friend list, which just makes the friends want to unfriend the people. Why Facebook cannot see this I do not know. There is a procedure that is supposed to disable that, but it is hard to find and once you have done it, most of the invites disappear, but not all. Hate that with a passion!

Food? Well I don't see many of those, but the ones I do often make me hungry. They look so good!

My peeve is all the religion that gets on there. I am glad you are over your sickness. It was the medicine you took that helped you. So why are you not praising it and instead praising your higher power? You took the medicine because you believed in it and it worked! And all the "Like if you believe!" posts.

• I didn't know about that! (facebook game requests) Thanks! My facebook seems to always be full of food posts, it's annoying and mean at the same time aha! I also hate the "Like if you believe" posts or the ones that show sick babies.

• LOL I hate that game requests shit a lot.

What Girls Said 20

• I've taken full advantage of my settings. I made it so one person doesn't know when I log on and I've also blocked everyone from sending me game requests.

• Do people actually tag their friends in selfies to get likes? That's incredibly narcissistic. I would kick off.

People who brag online constantly, usually have a shit life in reality so you should just laugh at those.

It's a weather report on mine but only because Wales has mad weather and we're all shocked at what this country throws at us.

• I got tagged in something my friend was promoting. It wasn't a selfie but I was clearly not in the photo at all. It is annoying.

• I'm not on Facebook, but I just wanted tell you I like that first picture a lot. I love the movie Taken, so awesome picture.

• Hi. My name is Ozanne and I've been Facebook clean for four months...

• rehab must work! lol I'm not a facebook addict, I'm never there but I have a hard time deleting it :o

• I deactivated about four or five times in the last two years, but would come back after a week or so. This time it's pretty definite. I think the worst thing about FB is the feed. I hated looking at what people thought was "news" and didn't find too much funny on there. I wanted to enjoy my friends, not start hating them. :)

• And I for 7 months :)

• I hate two things.
    - Chicks that talk about their husbands/ boyfriends all the time. We get it. You are hitched. Shut the fuck up now.
    -Chicks that post pics of their babies all the freaking time. I just would love to write to them: "Your baby looks the same as yesterday"

• lol great take!! its one of the reasons why i'm no more a facebook user since nearly 5 years

• i don't like fb

• I have a friend that tags everyone is ALL of her pictures, including selfies. Now, I changed my settings to "if people wants to tag me in the picture, I have to approve it", otherwise they can't tag me. I really like this settings.

I've blocked all game requests too. It gets irritating how the same person could invite you to play a game for more than 5 times a day!

I have to keep my Facebook account only because my class has a facebook group and we do our discussions there. Otherwise I would have said goodbye to Facebook for a long time ago.

• I hate seeing interactions between people on my pc on the right site it shows who is commenting n what so you can't avoid seeing the feed even if you never look at the home page. I also hate that people can see when you are online, the last time you were logged on, and what time read your message etc. Facebook makes its easy stalk people.

• Yea I even notice that people's "likes" show the full posts in the news feed making you an easy target if you're involved in political stuff to get "hunted down." People have said they've liked things and gotten hate mail from some psycho for it.

• @Theguyoverthere Oh yeah that reminds me you can see who just joined a private group even though its private it still shows up that you joined something that you might not want anyone to know about. I have about 10 fb friends who have joined some type of booty call page thanks to my news feed lol.

• Haha yea. So private! I got a guy on my friend list who keeps liking dirty pages in my feed. It is like letting me know who is watching porn. Really disturbing.

• The people who put EVERYTHING on FaceBook, never answer a text message/phone call, and then get pissed at you for not knowing what's going on in their lives...

Bitch please. The reason I don't what's going on in your life, is because I have a life, and I'm too damned busy for a FaceBook post ever 10 damned seconds!

• I know like Idgaf if you eatin at an African restaurant I eat that every day

• Before facebook made it big and MySpace was "the thing" people were using I knew a girl that people were telling me would flip out if you sent her a private message. She insisted that everything sent to her was posted publicly basically.

• Things I hate about Facebook:

1. People

/end thread

• One of my friends posts pictures of every little thing, pictures which look alike, annoying pics of her husband, kids, pets; the same stuff over and over. If I forget to "like" one of them, she inboxes me and asks me why. She also bombards everyone with recipes. I also hate those chain letter things where you have to share it with all these people you know or God won't bless you. At least she doesn't do that! Finally, I can't stand people who expect you to ooooh and ahhh over whatever they are doing yet take no interest in anyone else.

• The thing I don't like about facebook -as a company, as it does have to do with how people act- is about the whole lot of information it asks about your life. It's like: Where were you born? How old are you? What's your relationship status? Where and with whom are you right now? Do you know that person? What are you thinking of right now? It wouldn't even surprise me if facebook ever popped up a question like:"How often do you take a shit?" Or something...

• Fuck facebook. I am So glad that I have left it. I wish I could delete my profile. BUT i can't.. asshole fb

• Thing I hate most are the game requests!

• I get random friend requests like from New Zealand or something. Note: I've never been there nor do I know anyone from there.

• I used to have Facebook and I used to like it because it was a good way for me to talk to real life friends that I wasn't able to see any more but then I didn't like Facebook because there were to many ads and I have a cousin who invaded my news feed with tons of cursing because she would curse a lot and two of my team mates from my old softball team would answer creepy questions about me like if they would lick me or if I would propose and I used to get poked twice on Facebook and that's why I quit Facebook and never went back to it then I joined Facebook again but this time I only used Facebook to like other music artists and other peoples Facebook pages from Twitter

• Normally when people brag, it's not as perfect as it looks. I know people in my family who do that that actually have a shit load of problems and they act like they are having the time of their lives on facebook. It's so stupid.

• Omg 1 and 2 are my top ones. People of gag, don't ever add parents on facebook! My dad Tag at least 2 post a day!

P. s @cl_517 , another thing I would add is people documenting their life, literally. Like people post that they are taking out the trash or they treat fb like a person by saying "I'm tired, goodnight facebook, see you on the morn"

• my mom tags me all the time -.- ahaha I know those people literally put everything on facebook

• @Theguyoverthere, lol yep I am stuck and I never sent the tag thing but I would think my folks would get mad lol. My dad is the one that likes to send "Godly" messages and then tag everyone in his friend list, multi times a day. Like no dad, I was with you or 50 other people lol

• Ouch that must be rough.

• Lol! Even I have FB but this is soooo true😄