Advice we always GIVE, but don't TAKE

Advice we always GIVE, but don't TAKE

There's always that one friend whom everyone approaches when they're in need of advices, and that may be Y-O-U. But here's the thing, we love giving others advices when in actual fact, we often fail to implement them in our own lives.

Here are some advices we often tell to our friends when they come to us when they're in need, but rarely or almost never say to ourselves.

1. "I could care less about it."

• This is one of the stuffs I'm guilty of saying. Just stop saying you could care less, when in reality you couldn't care more. Well, I can honestly say that sometimes when I'm saying "I don't give a fck/sh*t", I do actually care about it but probably my pride was just too much for me to admit it that I cared.

2. "Don't regret."

• Yes, don't regret. Often times we would tell people to not regret the choices they made - so should we. Because everything we did, at one point or another, was exactly what we wanted.

3. "Be yourself."

• Something I've always avoided to do, always. You know what I've realized? That by not being yourself, not only do you repress who you are initially, but you also end up not building up the courage to be who you truly are.

Now, will you please excuse me while I completely disregard everything I just wrote? Ahaha 💙

mskay is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• I agree that no one acts like theirself.

• Exactly, I'm always telling people to suck it, but I've never done it myself.

• True! Especially #2 cause the mind won't let go of the hundreds of possible effects from your choice
    I dig this :)

• I actually just mind my own business because unsolicited advice is self serving.

• Totally agree there. I am to go to guy to ask about stuff within my friend group, yet I ignore all my own advice XD Which leads to my best friend deciding she has to mother me and make sure I do stuff like eat and sleep (Im an insomniac who will get engrossed in work and forget food.)

• Nice take💕

• This is awesome and agree with what @takumii said.

• Awesome take.
    Food for thoughts.

• "We could get away with 90% problems in our life if we take all the advice that we give to others."

Just had to say this.

• Hehe, this myTake seems to be tailor-made for me! I often provide really good relationship advice here, but my own dating life is pretty much non-existent! :P

• ahaha this is the reason why I don't offer relationship advices to my friends xD I can't give them emotional support (I use my head > heart) so I could only help them by advising them 😅

• Yeah, I knew what I asked was inappropriate and possibly embarrassing too! I just asked it impulsively. It was so unlike me. Sorry about that!

• It's okay.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't give that advice and I don't need to take it... I guess this is just one of those Takes I'm an exception to. I guess I'm pretty special (weird 😊) because that happens a lot. It seems like lots of people agree, though, so I'm going to say it's a good Take simply because it applies to so many people and you are right to a vast extent.

• Leave him honey, you're too good for him-Sincerely, all the good ladies with crappy boyfriends.

• This is so true!

• Three advice I always tell others, but not to myself.. 😕

• Also, move on from him/her. I have a tough time with this.

• Is it custom made for me? Haha totally sound like me! What an awesome take btw!

• This is why I wouldn't give advice to friends or family :)

• "Be yourself" so true for me. Nice take.

• "Don't text him back."