The Meaning of Fake 101: Fake vs Natural. What Men Really Mean.

I read a take the other day from someone saying how women are fake because men want them that way. After reading all the comments and stuff, I discovered the take itself was ironically fake and the girl was just trolling (to I guess, piss everyone off). Anyway, there were a lot of men that disagreed with it and many women that agreed with her. Though it wasn't legit, they do say there's “truth in fiction”. I do believe there may be many women out there that misunderstand what a man means when he say's he doesn't like fake women, but instead natural. So, I decided to write this take and break it down for everyone. Which will hopefully help with confusion of what they actually mean.

Definition of Natural: existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind

Definition of Fake: a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or a sham

Now.................let's break it down

Fake is when, you had the natural beauty in the BEFORE's and looked beautiful the way you were but decided to opt for the AFTER's.

It's when you could have a sun kissed glow like this

But instead opted for this

It's when you could have natural looking foundation like this

But instead opted for this

It's when you could where makeup in a sutble/natural way like this

But instead opted for one of these

It's when you could have nails like this

But instead opted for this

Basically, fake is when you take it to the extreme and go so over the top that it's pretty obvious not one part of you is real. Natural is just being yourself and not trying to be someone you are not or it's simply enhancing the natural beauty you already have and just letting it shine.

So, when a guy says he doesn't like fake girls but instead natural ones. They don't mean women who do things to take care of themselves for themselves, what ever it maybe be. They mean women that try to look like someone they are not because they don't want people to see who they really are. Thus, fake. Anyone can look anyway they want, as long as it's in moderation but anything over that can be too much which could be seen as fake, even personalities.

To conclude: natural beauty is this

Fake beauty is this

And, that is what I believe men mean when they say what they say. I'm not a guy though, so if I'm wrong feel free to tell me so. Either way, I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• Great Take. Exactly the point. Though I really don't see why it would be so hard for women to understand what we mean about fake. It's really not even complicated. It's just as you said. I saw that girl's Take you mentioned, and I responded to her that she only wanted to admit that women have a problem if she could blame men for it, to which several men and some women agreed with me on.

If women want to be fake and change themselves, that's their choice and their problem, but don't go trying to blame guys for your lack of self-esteem and confidence in who/what you really are.

• I hate fake personalities more than anything.
    But all those gals look better in their before pics.

• What do you mean by fake personalities? What does that look like in your experience?

• @AsianFlower People acting contrary to what they really are in some way, Being false to fit in or stand out.

• Much better then the other take about fake beauty, that one was stupid

• Yeah I dont like super fake the most I can handle is a bit fake like those "fake" nails you said I liked those I don't see what the problem is nail polish is.

• great take and you nailed it in almost every way.

fake definitely doesn't anyone who wears makeup or gets their nails done, it's more about when a person really doesn't look like themselves anymore.

• No one likes fake people. That's a fact. You can ask everyone in the world if they like people with fake personalities, and I bet my arm and my two legs, than every one of them says they don't like fake personalities.

I hear every woman say the way they look is an expression of their personality... and men say that too, cause it's true.

Therefore, if your looks are an expression of your personality, and your looks are fake... that means, your personality is fake too, after all, it's an expression of it.

So yeah, we prefer natural women cause those who look fake, are fake people too.
    I see all these girls say makeup makes them feel more confident, and I'm not arguing with that, but they shouldn't argue when people call them fake.

• Here we go with fake personalities again. Do women really show up as "fake" when dating a guy? That is just so hard for me to comprehend because I'm not like that and I don't know anyone like that.

• I think what you said about looks are expression of personalities make sense. For some people, the reason why they put a lot of makeup is to feel confident, and I can imagine that for those people, there must be insecurity and lack of confidence in themselves. Otherwise, they wouldn't have needed those make up in order to feel confident, so their makeup express how they are, and that is lack of confidence. I think fake looks & lack of confidence go hand in hand.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean that those who need makeup to feel confident are pretending to like what they don't, or to dislike what they like, although lack of confidence might lead to confusion with self, but in that case would be an unintentional faking. Then, there are those who intentionally making effort to be someone else, to dress and put makeup like someone else does, in order to fit in. But if they were to be confident in who they are, they wouldn't have moved and would stay unshakable in who they are.

• I believe that anything fake, whether concrete (look) or abstract (personality) hurts, but fake personalities hurt more. Either hurt others (e. g, lying, making false promises), or hurt the person's self (e. g, betraying self, wasting energy to be others).

• Well, I've always prefered natural beauty, I never liked fake or painted nails, blushers, lipsticks etc.

• I don't understand why girls wanna look like a drag queen these days?

• the natural beauty girl is impressive.

• Holy shit, Pamela Anderson used to be beautiful O___o

• A steelers shirt looks good on anybody though lol

• Thanks for article

• You're totally wrong about what dudes mean. Way to waste your time.

• Yes, it's called bimbofication. There is nothing wrong with it I think.

• Excellent myTake. And you're absolutely right: The girl with the freckles in the next-to-last photo is what I think of as really, really beautiful.

• so you sound like a guy, you were trans in the past?

definitely accurate translation of guys language but I'm not gonna vote since the guy/girl vote ratio favours the male side the most

• A little makeup don't hurt.
    If a chick wants plastic surgery, then it's cool. I won't date her.
    Most people seem real to me, the only thing I find fake is personality.

• Let me do you a favour okay?

A woman by your own admission wrote a FAKE take, which men pointed out was bullshit. And women agreed with her.

If there's one gender that obviously doesn't know what the fuck men mean, it's women. This disqualifies you from trying to inform the world what men mean.

Second point, as the men answering the bullshit pointed out, but which women the world over seem incapable of grasping... Men are simple. If we say we like X it means we like X. Not that we like it compared to Y or only on a Tuesday or when we are trying to impress a girl. It means we like X.

YES it IS that simple. We are that simple.

You can now return to your blissful state of happy confusion, asking "But what does that MEAN?" and then five seconds later telling the world incorrectly what we "really" meant.

• So, basically you are saying nothing I said in this take is actually what men mean? If so, you could have just said I was wrong lol. It's fine, it's just I what gathered from an observation perspective.

• I think that where the confusion comes into play is the term 'natural'. Natural to women is I just roll out of bed. Where 'natural' to men is ' at least make yourself presentable woman!'. E. g. Brush hair/ teeth, make sure clothes are clean and presentable, maybe a little lipgloss and mascara. You know... Tidy!

• I think brushing hair and teeth are fundamental and personal hygiene that women (and everyone in any gender) should do for themselves, regardless of whether men or others emphasize or not. But I can't understand how putting mascara is natural.

• 100% on the money my friend.

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 21

• great take!

• I don't believe there is "fake beauty" per se. Every person has their own perception of beauty, and while I get that changing your appearance is not natural I don't believe there is such a thing as "fake beauty'. Otherwise no painting or piece of artwork could be considered beautiful because it's an altered canvas.

Don't get me wrong I do actually agree with the take overall, just not with the whole concept of defining beauty as one thing or another.

• Agreed! But not many people will agree, though. Sadly.
    But hey, to each his/her own...

Love the beautiful fresh face that girl next to last has. =)

• If using fake things makes me feel more confident, that's all that matters to me.

• But why don't you try working on feeling confident with yourself, instead of keep lying to yourself and being fake? After all, you're only confident with all those fake things on. That confident is fake too.

• @AleDeEurope I feel confident as I am usually. I just like to feel more confident sometimes.

• I rarely see a guy fall for an average girl who dress in normal clothing... but i've seen average guys with hot girls with big boobs and dressed up provokatively

• very nice mytake.. highlighting your best features is totally fine.. like with do with clothes.. e. g mascara is fine cuz it is just giving a better look to your natural eyelashes.. fake eyelashes.. or falsies however show something which you don't really have.. it's not what you've naturally got.. most attractive thing is carrying yourself with confidence..

• If you don't have naturally just go get it.
    This is fake, too: www.hercampus.com/.../Fresh-Natural-Makeup.jpg and this www.inikacosmetics.com/.../content-images-10.jpg
    This, however, is real unrealitymag.com/.../...ities_without_makeup_4.jpg and this 3.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_8992.jpg
    and also, opposite to your defintion of natural, this 40.media.tumblr.com/...m5kc83htUE1rtyogvo1_500.png and this 40.media.tumblr.com/.../...hrtMhx1u9n0woo1_500.jpg

Fake is not bad, looking like a cheeto with 10 pounds of eyeshadow is bad.

• Now realistically who gets hit on more? We all know they answer to that. girls who want penis dont care about natural vs fake cause the fake will reel the men in.

• Yes. Everyone looks better somewhat done up. As per my own opinions and my guy friends:

It's fine to add extensions to your hair. But if your hair ends up touching your ass, it's over the top and fake. If it has a mullet effect it is fake and gross. If it adds some length and volume but isn't obvious you're good to go.

It's fine to dye your hair but if it's ghost white when your natural hair is brown or black it looks fake. And stupid.

It's fine to wear foundation but don't make your face powdery or chalky. Wear foundation that matches your skin.

Eyeliner goes a long way. But don't make it so thick that you look like a different person without it.

Etc.

• all hot women are narcissistic masochists. We hate it when things are going well, especially if they continue to go well for long periods of time. We know down deep that we are fucked-up and not worthy of anything that is truly good. So when things are going well in a relationship, we eventually sabotage it. We just can’t help ourselves in this regard.

We could have the greatest, most handsome, most well-hung husband in the world—a one-of-a-kind man who makes all of our girlfriends jealous; we could have the greatest children in the world, who are beautiful, well-behaved and ambitious; we could have the most enviable career imaginable; we could have all of the money and prestige and the truly good things in life, and we could repeatedly tell ourselves over and over, and believe, on the surface, that we would never cheat on our husbands. But down deep we know that it’s a lie. Because one day, we could walk into a grocery store, and some bad boy could whisper just the right combination of words in our ear, and the next thing you know, we’re at the Motel 6 getting it in the ass. That’s just how we are, and any woman—especially a hot woman—who says otherwise, is a liar.

• Are you serious or are you just messing with me? You really trying to tell me all attractive women are cheaters? I don't believe for a second that all of any gender have the same bad behaviors, because not everyone is like that and some people actually have will power to not give in to there desires.

• We are constantly poking, prodding and testing a man, in order to find out what his boundaries are. If he has no boundaries, we will destroy him, especially if he loves us. A man has to have boundaries, and he has to outline them precisely, and he has to force us to adhere to them with the power of his conviction and the power of his action. If he doesn’t do that, we will beat him over the head with his weaknesses (his lack of boundaries) until he breaks.

• How are you gonna post all the photos of the natural looking girls under photoshop and photo shoots? If you're gonna do a take, at least make fair points.

• I went on bing typed in what I was looking for and found those pictures, I'm not a photographer I couldn't really tell you what a photo shopped photo looks like but I imagine any image you find (unless it's on Facebook or something) could potentially be photo shopped since it comes from another place first but I didn't do intentionally or on purpose. I just picked the pictures the fit what I was looking for, that's all. If you have a problem with it, take it up with bing because that's where I found them.

• I feel like this is almost common sense but you did explain it good with the taking it to the extreme. I think I and other girls know that some guys get natural beauty confused with women who are actually wearing make. Not only that but I feel like if you mention that you have false nails or lashes some guys on here automatically assume that its like the pictures you mentioned 😕

• I do agree with this take but I have also something to say. While men hate too much makeup some men don't really like our natural looks. Few years ago I used to one of those girls who didn't like to use a small hint of makeup products. And that's why guys never really approached me. They would pick up the dolled up faces over me. It took away my self confidence honestly. My ex didn't really like how actually I looked so I started using makeup so that he could find me attractive (I did bad I know).
    I still do minimal makeup but I'm also comfortable with my own skin. So yeah, some guys are really shallow and only judge a book by it's cover.

• Yea I think when some guys say that they go for a natural look, they mean a woman with attractive facial features. Which goes into why some wesr makeup unfortunately :/

• @SakuraChii True enough. What they want is "no makeup" makeup look. Full coverage face with looks really "natural" with light lipgloss and eye makeup that isn't catchy. But they still want makeup. So I don't believe that guys actually don't like girls with makeup. Girls just have to be a pro in order to deceive them.

• I don't put any makeup on, and I am not interested in fashion styles. So, I go natural all the way. No wonder no one has been interested in me yet, but then I don't even try to be interested in other people romantically. So... yeah.

• I'd fuck most of the natural or before chicks here. Not the afters or fakes. They look disgusting

• Then why do guys fall for Megan Fox and other actresses known to have had plastic surgery.

• Because they are famous and it's purely physical, doesn't mean they'd want to date them.

• Most guys dont find megan fox overly attractive, just the loud ones

• @Jack_S that is good to hear!

• I'm ugly, I wear makeup just to look better (like duh) so that I don't get treated like shit in the public, or at least by sales associate especially when I'm going to some makeup stores. Girls will get what I mean, some staffs at Sephora will judge you when you're not wearing makeup or so whatever. If the society don't judge, then I would definietly be make up free, which is I believe most girls will do.

• ok I get it, makeup that looks like you aren't wearing makeup. Makes sense actually.

• I'm a woman and I disagreed with the previous mytake. Not all women agreed with her.
    I'm always natural and never wear makeup. It's just my personal choice.
    This is a great take.

• I love how you posted a picture of an already pretty girl with a professionally shot photo for the natural when you and I both know the rest of us look like average potatoes.

Most of us look like:
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ge-m-18_1455271861707.jpg
    cdn.cavemancircus.com/.../make_up_04.jpg
    celebritytoob.toobnetwork.com/.../...7-537x470.jpg
    cache2.asset-cache.net/.../515325428.jpg
    i.telegraph.co.uk/.../bec_2857794b.jpg
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_0767.JPG

• More from Girls
    1