A Tribute To My Home State, Nevada

A tribute to my home state, Nevada

Before we get started this is the correct pronunciation. If you are going to be in Nevada you have to pronounce it right or you get a bunch of locals that will vehemently insist it's pronounced Nuh-vad-duh. And everyone will instantly know you are not a local.

First we will start with best places to go

Lake Tahoe is always a good option. Every body here loves Tahoe so #keepingtahoeblue has always been a priority.

Fly Geyser at night. Accidentally created by a farmer while he was drilling for water.

Worlds biggest Ferris wheel called the high roller it is 550 feet tall and is open 24/7

Great Basin national park these are the lehman caves

We have great photographers

Our rivalries are insane.

This is the Fremont cannon. Every year when the UNR and UNLV football teams play each other the winner takes the Fremont cannon home or if they won the previous year, they keep it another year. Right now UNLV has it. Damn them. #keepthecannonblue

This is the student section from my high school don't worry it's baby powder. My high school is rivals with Carson City high school. The story goes sometime in the 70's someone from Carson broke into our schools cafeteria and painted CHS in spray paint everywhere. My school was pissed so around homecoming, some kids (weirdly enough my dad was apart of this he was quite the prankster) got together, bought kerosene and burned our schools first initial in their football field. Legends then and still are. People still talk about it. After the rivalry formed, we used to have riots during the basketball and football games. But our administration is not fun anymore.

Our Governor, Brian Sandoval is one of the most popular governors in the country. With a 66% rating. He was even considered for the Supreme Court, but the Senate wouldn't consider him because he is no Scalia. But thats fine he wasn't interested anyway. He is also my moms boss.

Our food is amazing.

This is an awful, awful. It's kind of mandatory to get one before a UNR game.

This is an old picture of the JT Basque and Bar. Where you can order the best steak in the state. And maybe get a dollar bill on the roof using a quarter.

If you are in downtown Vegas, you have got to stop by the Heart Attack grill on Fremont street. If you weigh over 350 pounds your meal is free. But you must eat everything on your plate. Or else you get the paddle.

We have more ghost towns than town with people living there. Highly recommend Bodie.

We have about 28,000 wild horses that roam free.

So stop on by next time you are in western America.

Ginnyweasley97 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Didn't know ghost cities really existed

• To me, bodie is an awesome ghost town. It looks like the residents just got up and left. There are poker chips and beer bottles still on bar counters and coats up on coat hangers. Plus it was the first city in the US to get electricity.

• I believe so I am not sure

• You should find out and if it is possible you should visit one

• Those burgers look awesome! Your mountains look great too. Ours are a little greener because we don't have deserts, but yours are bigger and more majestic. We have a huge sports rivalry too not over a cannon but over best in the conference and the state. It's called the battle of Tobacco Road because Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill are only eight miles apart on the same highway which is called Tobacco Road due to the history of Tobacco farming in the region. Tobacco road is a basketball and football rivalry. Our governor Pat McCrory has a very low support rating at 33% due to his dislike by both Democrats and Republicans over the HB2 law, low teacher pay, high unemployment rates, etc... So yeah as far as a governor you all have a better one lol. Great take though.

• Do y'all still have any steam trains that run in Nevada? We have one here in NC that is at a themepark that hauls passengers and it has a western theme

• Not sure you would have to look it up.

• People have joked about it being a place where you can get married and divorced quickly. I do want to try that awful awful burger though.

• Nevada is cool

• But yeah, it sucks that the main republican party won't even CONSIDER Sandoval.
      You know, one of the Republicans who are actually decent people,
      But yeah I lvoe Nevada. I prefer colorado and montana though

• They won't consider him because he is in no way a hardcore republican like Scalia. It sucks because he would be a good fit.

• I never heard Nevada pronounced differently than the video.

Yea, Nevada has some nice places. Of course it shares the Sierra with California. It shares Lake Tahoe also. (If I'm not mistaken, that picture is Emerald Bay which is on the California side just NW of S Lake Tahoe.)

South of Reno / Carson City is a real nice pass over the Sierra. That's the best route to cross in my opinion.

Way north of Winnemucca is one of the most sparsely populated parts of the country with less than one person per square mile. So it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere if you happen to like solitude.

I haven't heard of Lehman Caves before. I like caves, but haven't been to that one.

And yea, lots and lots of abandoned mines. :)

Don't forget Mark Twain's famous duel which I think was outside of Carson City, or somewhere thereabouts.

• 1|0
  • That's why Nevada is one of my favorite states in the USA, fantastic Take, and great pictures :D

• Nevada is cool mostly Reno and Las Vegas.

• Okay Ginny Nevada has its cool spots. From my angle I'm from Cali and I love to Snowboard! But I do have to say this: Nevada ( I do Know how to pronounce it btw) Is a very strange place to a lot of people once you enter the unknown territory. I mean I have seen really weird contradictions in that state to be honest with you. I'll wait for comment.

• I am not denying that. The best place to people watch is in Nevada.

• Yes! People watching is great there! Contradictions that I mentioned are that if it's legal... it's fully legal or if it's illegal it's really illegal! just my Cali opinion :) don't get me wrong though I love going to North Shore and shredding down those slopes! Also Reno is a very interesting city slightly comparable to Sacramento.

• I love the nature photos - I actually never heard of Fly Geyser until today, amazing.

• Thanks I do to. A lot of people think the desert landscape is ugly but it always grows on them after a while. But I always thought it was beautiful.

What Girls Said 4

• hehe i lived there for for 7 years in las vegas. loved it there!

• Neveada is a beautiful state, excellent Mytake :)

• whoa you make me wanna visit Nevada, looks amazing! and the horse part is the best part xD

• Nevada is a cool place