5 of the Creepiest Serial Killers in History

1. H. H. Holmes

Five Super Creepy Serial Killers

HH Holmes, also known as Herman Webster Mudgett, was the first known serial killer in the United States. But the time he was caught, the word serial killer hadn't been invented yet so people called him the "mass murderer."

He renovated a three story hotel specifically to kill people. The hotel contained stairways to nowhere, windowless rooms, vents where he could drop poisonous gasses while his guests were sleeping, air ducts where he could let one of his guests suffocate or starve to death, among other things. He talked many of his guests/victims into taking out insurance policies, killing them, then taking the money. He made even money donating the bodies to medical schools.

It is estimated that he killed up to 200 he was given the death penalty by hanging. I think what's most interesting is that one of his relatives that are still alive, turned in a letter he wrote to handwriting experts they concluded there is a 98% chance he and Jack the Ripper is the same person.

2. Jeffrey Dahmer

Also known as the Milwaukee Cannibal, he killed and dismembered 17 boys and men. He was caught when a would be victim overpowered him and was able to alert police. He also committed necrophilia and cooked the ate parts of his victims. He was convicted for 15 of those murders and sentenced to 15 terms of life imprisonment. However just two years into his sentence, he was beaten to death by a fellow inmate.

3. John Wayne Gacy

Clearly my fear of clowns is justified.

John Gacy sexual assaulted and murdered 33 teenage boys. He lured them into his home with the promise of work before strangling them to death. He was convicted for all 33 murders and was on death row for 14 years before he was killed by lethal injection.

4. Countess Elizabeth Bathory

It is believed she killed 650 teenage peasant girls. She lured them to the castle with the promise of a prestigious job, people became suspicious when girls never came back.

She came from an incredibly influential family and for a while they turned a blind eye to what she was doing. Eventually she ran out of girls to kill. She then started killing the daughters of the nobility, mainly those who made less money. Her family ordered her capture and put her on trial. Testimony came from over 300 people. She was convicted for 80 murders and was forced to stay in her castle with a brick wall around her bedroom walls.

5. Genene Jones

She was convicted for the death of a baby; however, it is thought she has killed at least 60 babies. She injected them with digoxin and heparin to induce sickness then revive them in hopes she receives praise for saving the babies. However many of the infants didn't survive.

When the hospital noticed many babies dying under her care, rather than investigate, they just asked her to leave. She got a job at a new hospital and resumed what she was doing. The second hospital she worked at investigated the deaths of babies under her care, and she was convicted for poisoning 6 babies. She is still being held in a prison in Texas. She is thought to be in the inspiration for Annie Willkes in the book, Misery by Stephen King.

I wrote this my take today because I couldn't wait for Halloween and while I think serial killers are interesting, I will now be looking at puppies and unicorns for the next hour. Thanks for reading my creepy my take all the way through. Here's a unicorn to make you feel better.

Ginnyweasley97 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• Creeped me out and the unicorn was no consolation!

• I was going to do a similar take and still am luckily you didn't list any of the ones I plan on using

• I literally watched a documentary about Gacy last night. Super creepy, as if Clowns didn't scare me enough. They said he killed more people than they found but was never proven and he spread out wider than just Chicago. Some other unhonorable serial killers that cross my mind are:Jack The Ripper, Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz (son of sam killer), and Jim Jones. Out of all of those Dhamer and Gacy were the creeoies

• You picked some creepy ones for sure. John Wayne Gacy to me is the scariest. Another really awful guy was Ted Bundy.

• Cool Take, Countess Elizabeth Bathory was probably the creepiest.

• h. h. holmes is the most interesting. i must investigate further

• 0|0
  • Thanks for the unicorn... I kinda needed that. *shudder*

• All of them are white... interesting.

• Statistically speaking most serial killers are white. Which goes to show terrorism is not one religion.

• My initial comment was simply social commentary. I wouldn't judge someone by their race in practice.
      But I agree with you.

• Fred and Rosemary West were real creepy.

• lmao as if.

• Not clowns are evil. Gosh. I don't understand why people are afraid of... clowns. Really?

• In the UK the police have been called on clowns.

• @bobbyxxx Yeah for 1 among 1000 clowns. You make it sound EVERY clown is evil though.

• You forgot to add Hunter Zolomon:

screenrant.com/.../...Zolomon-Mugshot-Murderer.jpg

• Well at least we know the nicest and best is Dexter...

• As opposed to the snuggly ones?

• Sorry what do you mean?

• Just tweaking the fragile...

• No nice try though. Try again next time because I don't see you growing up anytime soon.

• I grew up and still live in Wisconsin. Something creepy about Jeffery Dahmer was that he would give summer sausage to his neighbors think it was venison /deer meat. Come to find out he never went deer hunting. So I guess the story goes that his neighbors ate human flesh as well.

What Girls Said 8

• They said that Jack the ripper is Jewish
    So unless he is Jewish I doubt he was it
    They even have dna

• There's a lot of creepy serial killers in history, but I saw John Wayne Gacy on your list and I wanted to say my dad had an encounter with him. I think he was trying to pick my dad up because he followed my dad in the bathroom and asked if he wanted to get a beer with him and my dad said "no, I'm waiting for my brother" or something to that effect and then my dad left.
    It's very scary to think about.

• NICE MYTAKE! (:

• Creepy post indeeD 😱

• I think they used some of these in the American Horror Story series which I like a lot.

• awesome!! Loved it. Ed gein is a pretty creepy one too! I'm surprised he didn't make the list

• I don't think genene Jones and modern day abortion doctors are that different.

• One I would like to add is Ed Gein.

murderpedia.org/male.G/images/gein_ed/gein000.jpg

Techinically, he was only committed two murders, so I am not sure he counts as a serial killer, but he is definitely creepy. He was also a body snatcher. He exhumed bodies from local graveyards and created things from their body parts, such as lamp shades, furniture, masks and even a full body suit made of skin.

He is said to have been the inspiration for Leatherface from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Norman Bates from Psycho and Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

• It is rumored he killed his brother too. He was in fact the inspiration for those three movie killers, Norman (psycho) with the mother issues and keeping a corpse in his home, Leatherface (TCM) the human faces, human furniture, eating people etc. And Buffalo Bill (Silence Of the Lambs) for the woman's suit of skin.. Nice to see someone on here who knows there stuff on the subject 👍🏻

• @nikki_24 Yes, I watch a lot of documentaries and read a book once called Cannibal Serial Killers: Profiles of Depraved, Flesh-Eating Murderers. I am very interested in the psychology behind what drives serial killers, especially those like Ed Gein. I joke with my sister that he is my favorite serial killer. She thinks I am crazy for even joking about that, but he really does fascinate me. I would have loved to interview him or be his psychologist.