My First Out Of Body Experience

My first time Take isn't about kisses or love, it's about one of the most scariest experiences I've had. Join me and I'll tell you about the time I felt my body shutting down and couldn't do anything about it.

Fun Fact: My body overheats very quickly. That's one of the main reasons why I don't like being hot. When I overheat, my body starts to shut itself down. The first time it happened I actually passed out. I was in a nightclub and I had been dancing a lot. I remember being really hot and needing to use the bathroom. I put my head down on the bar for a second and the next thing I remember is opening my eyes and not having my glasses on. My sisters were freaking out, but I don't remember passing out or anything. I thought I was scared then. The next time was 10 times worse.

The second time is a bit different.

I was at my sister's just hanging out. We were dancing and messing around. One second I was fine and the next I didn't feel so well. It started with my vision. It was like someone put a filter over my eyes. Everything became dull and kind of fuzzy. I kept trying to blink it away. No dice. Next came the hearing. I felt like I was in a tunnel. Everything sounded so far away. Something was clearly wrong. But I couldn't move. And I couldn't really talk. And then, it was like I was looking at myself. Almost like I was watching a movie. But I could still feel everything happening. Like my vision getting darker by the minute. And I remember thinking "I'm not ok" over and over.

Finally my older sister noticed that I had pretty much checked out of the conversation. She looked at me and immediately asked was I ok. She was standing right on front of me, but she sounded like she was outside. The me that was outside of myself was yelling "no! Something is wrong!" but all I could physically say was "I don't feel well". She asked what was wrong and I just kept repeating myself. I remember thinking "my body is shutting down, please help" but I couldn't form the words. The version of me that was watching this scene unfold was frantic. I was going to pass out. And there was nothing I could do about it.

At this point I could feel my body swaying. And I was trying my hardest to shake it off. My older sister knows me well. After a few times of asking me what was wrong and me repeating the same sentence she said "something is wrong". My vision was fading in and out now. I squeezed my eyes shut and finally was able to say "I'm hot". I didn't even recognize my voice. My older sister and another of my sisters helped me stand and guided me outside. The cool night air hit me and I remember feeling like the movie that I was watching had ended.

I closed my eyes and opened them and my vision was getting clearer. As the wind cooled me down, I begin to feel better. But the whole experience really shook me up. After standing outside for awhile and drinking water, I finally felt normal again. What was really scary was my sister explaining how I looked. She told me I looked really pale and she said that my eyes were blank. Her words were "it was like you weren't there". I wish I could say that it never happened again, but it has. And each time is just as scary as the first.

I know my "my first time" story is a bit different lol, but thanks for reading anyway!

#CHARismaticOut ✌😎❤

#GaGWritingContest

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Lol sorry but that's not an out of body experience that's what it feels like when your about to pass out and can be contributed to variety of medical issues, I'd consult a doctor if I were you.

• An out-of-body experience (OBE or sometimes OOBE) is an experience that typically involves a feeling of floating outside one's body and, in some cases, the feeling of perceiving one's physical body as if from a place outside one's body (autoscopy).

Not in the mood for your condescending attitude today.

• Good, let us know how it goes.

• You did not have an out of body experience.

• I watched a documentary in which scientists were able to reach this state by stimulating a certain region of the brain.

• You post this knowing that people will make fun of you. That takes courage. And takes getting made fun of.

• Something similar happened to me but I didn't have an out of body experience.

My brother and I had to have a blood test. I ended up going first to get it over with and then after mine was finished I stood next to my mom as my brother had his drawn. I started to feel hazy and my vision clouded up and my hearing was off like you described. I remember my mom asking if I was ok and then half halfheartedly said I was fine. Then the next thing I remember, I was on the ground and the nurses handed me a juice pack and were told me I passed out. It kinda felt like a dream at first.

My brother gave me shit about it afterwards and called me "code grey" because apparently that''s what they said when I passed out =.=

I think it was just a combination of being dehydrated due to being instructed not to drink a lot of water prior to the test and the fact I get really anxious about needles, especially when it involves having the needle go into my vein. :(

• Very mysterious experience... I wonder what it feels like... anyway, excellent Take.

• Are you doing some trippy diet?

• Dehydration, not eating properly and anxiety are all reasons to be considered.
    Best awnser would be with a doctor.

• Honestly sounds like you were dehydrated, but i would just check in with your doctor bc it sounds like it is a recurring issue.

What Girls Said 10

• Interesting. =)

• I had an out of body experience but I can never do it again. It was totally by accident but it felt cool! I don't think it's spiritual or anything, just your brain doing whacky stuff.

• Sounds scary. Have you seen a doc to see if something can be done or why it happens?

• I haven't mentioned it to my doctor. It's very scary tho, but I'll almost sure it's just my body's way of letting me know that I need to chill for a bit.

• Still should bring it up next time your there.

• You're right. I have an Appt on the 24th. I'll mention it then.

• I find fainting and siezures are too sudden to bother comprehending any pain or emotion its just a numb feeling

• It's not quick in my experience

• Technically no but the more you freek out the longer it will seem to drag on so if you accept it, or in other words (let it happen and emotionally check out [as there's little to nothing you can do either way] and become numb to whatevers happening) then they pass quickly and be4 you know it you're checking out of the local hospital the next morning like its no problem. sure its an abstract way to look at it but it makes getting 'through' things easier and thus- quicker. sometimes ignoring your own thoughts is more effective than listening to them.

• Dissociation is so scary. This is what happens to me when I have really really bad panic attacks.

• You wrote it! That's definitely a crazy experience to have through on more than one occasion. I'm glad you had family around to watch over you, even if they didn't fully understand what was going on.

• Yeah I did lol. And yeah it usually happens when I'm around family. Except the last time it happened at my reunion last year. On a boat. And none of my family was there to notice the signs. But luckily a few of the girls noticed me swaying and got me to a seat and some water.

• On a boat? 😱 I'm glad someone caught you. I definitely think it is related to dehydration, though. You need to drink all that water, even though you don't want to, like we talked about. 😛

• I know, it's harddddd

• I get like this when I'm hot too, also when I got my period. I have dysmenorrhea and frequently vomiting causes me to dehydrate and the same thing happens. I remember trying to rush to grab some some water, opening the bottle and trying to drink. Apparently I passed out when I got to my bed and didn't actually grab anything. I had to do it all over again when I woke up but this time I was able to collapse on the bed slowly sipping water to bring myself back to "normal."

• Oh yeah, I have always had issues with my period too. When I was younger, I used to throw up from the pain of my cramps. I was diagnosed with menorrhagia a few years ago.

• Well good luck, I'm sure you'll find something soon. :]

• Thank you! 😊

• that sounds scary omg the opposite of me bc i get cold super easily

• That's how it feels when you're about to pass out. It's not exactly an out of body experience sits more like a very deeply inner body experience where you're basically trapped by your body. Glad you're ok. You might have sugar issues or low blood pressure or seizure disorder.. definitely see a Dr tell them about it. If things like that develops a pattern then yours supposed to mention it. more than 3 times is considered a pattern clinically.

• Oh well, it's definitely happened more than 3 times. But I always chalk it up to me being too hot. I'm gonna mention it to my doctor.

• Dang girly... Glad yr ok. That sounds like some scary shit.

I've gone hypoglycemic a couple times -- not from diabetes, but actually from the opposite (my body is OVER-sensitive to insulin, and I have a slow glucagon response) -- and that produced a strange feeling where my own motions and reflexes didn't seem to be my own anymore; it was as though I had to send the brain signals through some switchboard before they'd get to my limbs, and I was pouring buckets of cold sweat and on the verge of passing out (and pounding Smarties like no one's business). But, I wouldn't call that a genuine OOB experience. Thought I might black out, but, I didn't feel the kind of loss of control you're describing here. Scary sauce, yours.

yr always hot, I'm always cold. I actually start wearing gloves when it goes below 65ºF or so... #truestory