11 Celebrities Who Died Unexpectedly In Recent Years: 2009-2016

1. Muhammad Ali

1942-2016

Celebrities Who Died Within The Recent Years Unexpectedly 2009-2016

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

2. Prince

1958-2016

Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people

.

3. Whitney Houston

1963-2012

I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, or if I succeed at least I did as I believe.

4. BB King

1925-2015

The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.

5. Joan Rivers

1933-2014

I enjoy life when things are happening. I don't care if it's good things or bad things. That means you're alive.

6. Chyna

1970-2016

The fans have been with me throughout my career, not just when I was wrestling.

7. Gary Coleman

1968-2010

I parody myself every chance I get. I try to make fun of myself and let people know that I'm a human being, and these things that have happened to me are real. I'm not just some cartoon who exists and suddenly doesn't exist.

8. Michael Jackson

1958-2009

Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.

9. Paul Walker

1973-2013

I live by 'Go big or go home.' That's with everything. It's like either commit and go for it or don't do it at all. I apply that to everything. I apply that to relationships, I apply that to like sports, I apply that to everything. That's what I live by. That's how I like it.

10. Dick Clark

1929-2012

Music is the soundtrack of your life.

11. Nelson Mandela

1918-2013

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.

And many many more....

may all of your souls rest in peace.

Feel free to add to the list.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 25

• Robin Williams
    Gerald Ford
    Nancy Reagan
    Merle Haggard
    Benzair Bhutto
    Steve Jobs

• You forgot Lisa Robin Kelly but I am sure its cause she wasn't famous enough.

• half the people on your list were old. how was their death unexpected?

• No one's a psychic.
      Death is always shocking

• What do u mean? I said death is always shocking. A lot of people are still mourning some of them which were legendary. I wanted to provide memorial quotes , what else could be the point?

• um... I'm not really sure anymore. It's late in my time zone I don't know idgaf

• BB King was, what, 90?
    Joan Rivers, 81?
    Muhammad Ali, 74?
    Nelson Mandela, 95?

These are not unexpected. These are OLD people. OK, so 74 isn't as old, but it is within 18 months of average male life expectancy.

• Joan Rivers was healthy and vibrant and died through surgery , she would have otherwise been alive if she hadn't.
      No one is psychic and thinks old means dead.
      No one can predict death , it always comes as a shock no matter the persons age.

• Joan was unexpected due to a routine surgery gone wrong and 74 isn't that old for someone who's been physically fit all their life.

• I totally forgot about chyna. she got out shined by prince.

• Ali was in horrible shape for a while. Unexpected isn't really the right word. Same with a couple others. Others have already pointed out some other people

• i went to see muhummad

so many people...
    tickets sold out in 5 hours i believe...
    it was insane.. that many people
    will smith was there
    mike tyson was here

they stopped traffic in one of the main streets..
    i mean... it was so many people im talking thousands...
    from different states..

• Also add John Pinette (1964-2014) and James "The Rev" Sullivan (1981-2009)

• David bowie? Alan rickman? Patrick swayze? George kennedy? Omar sharif? Farrah fawcett? Elie wallach?

• WHITNEY HUSTON'S DEAD?

• Alvin Lee
    Lou Reed
    Chris Squire
    Leonard Nimoy
    Christopher Lee
    Robert Jordan
    Johnny Winter
    Patti Page
    David Frost
    Tom Clancy

• I could care less about most of them. Paul Walker though was unfortunate.

• *couldn't care less

If you could care less it means that you do care about them, maybe just a tiny bit but still a little bit.

Unless that's what you meanXD

• Gordie Howe
    Nancy Reagan
    Robin Williams

• I was shocked when I heard about Ali and Chyna...

• Gordon Howe (Detroit Red Wings), Dio (singer Rainbow, Heaven and Hello, Dio), Peter Steel (vocals/bassist Type O Negative), Lemmy Kilmister (vocals/bassist)

• As sad as all of those were, B. B. King's did not surprise me. The Great Blues Man did make it to 89, and this in spite of a poor background and diabetes as an old man.

• KIMBO SLICE

• These are just celebrities who died.

The only one that could reasonably be considered unexpected is Paul Walker.

Nelson Mandela was 95 - not exactly unexpected.

• Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, Ultimate Warrior, and so many other wrestlers.

• Mandela... I wish I was even a fifth of what that man was.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 18

• RIP to each and every celebrity you listed.

• Good but was dissapointed to not see Rickman or Bowie

• My grandfather died in 2009. It was unexpected, in the evening he had a sudden heart attack and he passed away. He never showed signs of dying. He was a very healthy person. I really miss him. Sometimes I wish if he could resurrect and see me as MISS UNIVERSE TEEN.
    I know he is not someone that the whole world knows, I just thought I would share it as we are free to add to the list.

• David Bowie
    Robin Williams
    Christopher Lee

:c

• That's so sad :(

• Steve Jobs
    Robin Williams

• These sorts of posts you're always opening yourself up to trouble.

• I know you can't satisfy everyone but then again , who says I'm scared of trouble?

• Well it's a figure of speech not an implication of you.

• My honesty answer, I just miss Paul Walker and Michael Jackson, Paul Walker because he is cool and handsome and Michael Jackson because of some musics and style. If i had to choose only two to save i would chose them.

• Only Paul walker was unexpected.

• Some I did not know but Ali, Nelson and Gary were all medically ill. They were battling chronic illnesses. Thus, I don't think their deaths were "unexpected'' per say, just saddening.

• Gabriel Garcia Marquez- 2014
    Joe Cocker -2014

• Harper Lee died this year. I think everyone heard about "to kill a mockingbird" or at least saw the movie. R. I. P that amazing woman!

• David Bowie ⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

• Robin Williams, David Bowie, Lemmy, Alan Rickman, Victoria Wood!

Mandela was an old man, it wasn't so much of a surprise after the life he'd had, he wasn't exactly healthy. Quite a few on here were old, it's still sad but less unexpected.

• Most of them didn't die unexpectedly though...

• My definition of unexpected is that you didn't sit there thinking that celeb is about to die , it came as a shock.

• Well, you have to think that someone is about to die at above 80 :) we all die.. so I don't think it's shocking either :)

• I work in health care.. and the fact that I care for many well over 80, I don't think of that age as the end.

• I wouldn't say BB King, Dick Clark or Nelson Mandela died unexpectedly, they were all over 80 years old, and Nelson Mandela was 95

• You forgot Robin Williams but it's fine.

• I didn't forget anyone... Realistically hundreds died within the 7 year span frame given couldn't mention them all, so feel free to add to the list.

I acknowledge those not mentioned by stating "and many many more"

• chyna over robin williams though, I mean looks like you forgot.

• Looks can be deceiving