Spray paint has really come a long way. Sure it's always been the colors of the rainbow, but now there are so many options, probably thanks in large part to Pinterest, of finishes, and textures, and metallics, that there is practically nothing you can't do with it to flip something ordinary, to the extra-ordinary.
1. Take some boring shoes and make them a fun summer color
2. Take some plain vases and add a splash of metallic
3. Buy a desk for cheap at a thrift store, remove and change out the nobs, spray paint it, and make it look brand new
4. Turn a boring kitchen table into a conversation starter by taping off a design of your own imagining, and then spray painting a pattern or just go free hand.
5. Buy cheap dollar store plastic animals and spray paint them whatever color you want for an interesting piece for your kitchen table, book shelf, or nightstand or turn them into bookends by hot gluing them to wood blocks and spray painting them funky colors or even patterns with painters tape.
6. Suddenly those plastic coffee tubs don't look so much like they belong in the recycling bin anymore after a touch of spray paint and adhesives stickers or chalkboard paint.
7. Make your plants really stand out in your modern apartment
8. Get rid of the ugly looking brass or other sink fixtures with a little spray paint
9. Re-do your cutlery in fun colors that match your decor
10. Spray paint rugs, door mats, place mats for an upgraded look.