10 Ways to Upgrade Your Stuff With Spray Paint

Spray paint has really come a long way. Sure it's always been the colors of the rainbow, but now there are so many options, probably thanks in large part to Pinterest, of finishes, and textures, and metallics, that there is practically nothing you can't do with it to flip something ordinary, to the extra-ordinary.

1. Take some boring shoes and make them a fun summer color

2. Take some plain vases and add a splash of metallic

3. Buy a desk for cheap at a thrift store, remove and change out the nobs, spray paint it, and make it look brand new

4. Turn a boring kitchen table into a conversation starter by taping off a design of your own imagining, and then spray painting a pattern or just go free hand.

5. Buy cheap dollar store plastic animals and spray paint them whatever color you want for an interesting piece for your kitchen table, book shelf, or nightstand or turn them into bookends by hot gluing them to wood blocks and spray painting them funky colors or even patterns with painters tape.

6. Suddenly those plastic coffee tubs don't look so much like they belong in the recycling bin anymore after a touch of spray paint and adhesives stickers or chalkboard paint.

7. Make your plants really stand out in your modern apartment

8. Get rid of the ugly looking brass or other sink fixtures with a little spray paint

9. Re-do your cutlery in fun colors that match your decor

10. Spray paint rugs, door mats, place mats for an upgraded look.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• Bwhahahaha i laughed so hard at the title, enjoy that spray paint smell.

• I love to spray paint
    I don't graffiti obviously but I like to do things at home
    Good stuff

• Half of these are stupid

• its more personalising than making better but if any of you want to have a go, practice on something first as poor skills will ruin any item and for god sake wear a mask... can't believe this article doesn't tell you that.

• I don't know if spray painting door mats is such a good idea. That paint is gonna chip off over time as people wipe their feet, and trail all kinds of paint chips in your house. The rest of this stuff is pretty cool though.

• they make a specific kind of spray paint for carpets which is designed to stay in place.

What Girls Said 11

• i tried spray paint on furniture,,... i made a serious mess :p
    other than that... great take!

• Yeah sure spray paint silverware always wanted to try chemicals with my cereal. 💀

• If you look at the picture, you'll obviously notice that they have only spray painted the handles of the cutlery for just such a reason. Unless you are the licking the handles type of person, you should be fine.

• Lmao yeah I know I was being exaggerate

• I love your myTake, some amazing tips youve got there. A+ for all of it :-D

• I've done tons of projects like this. It's sort of a running joke among my friends lol

• @BelleGirl21 - This is right up your alley.

• Love this! Spray paint does wonders :)

• I love art.

• Best take ever

• Does spray paint really stay on plastic? I don't think so.. 😕

• Yes, it absolutely will. They make spray paint specifically for plastics now. Obviously buy that kind if you are painting plastics. I would advise you sand the item down a bit to help with the adhesion process anyway, and then spray, and let fully dry.

• It helps to apply a fine grit sand paper on the plastic to make sure it sticks before applying

• @Accipiter hmm.. yeah it would 😊

• Love the idea of the shoes-I wonder how that would turn out on some of my old shoes.
    Also, love the idea of restyling old things instead of buying something new :)

• This is a really cool take :)