Meet My Pet, His Name is Peeve

Pet peeves. We all have them. Those things that drive us absolutely insane. Things that make us want to throat punch someone and not think twice. Here are some of mine.

Loud Chewing/Drinking

My absolute number one pet peeve! I can not stand when I can hear people chewing loudly or gulping when they're drinking. It drives me up a freakin wall! There's actually something called misophonia, which is basically the hatred of sounds. These are my trigger sounds. It makes me super crazy.

Girls That Play Dumb

I see this way too often. From people that I KNOW are very intelligent. One of my friends does it and when I asked her why, she said "because guys think it's cute". Face. Damn. Palm. Ladies, I think I can speak for the fellas here when I say this: there's nothing cute about being dumb.

Excessive PDA

I've been in this exact scenario before. Talk about uncomfortable. I'm definitely one of those people that will tell you to get a room. And don't think I'm some type of killjoy either. I don't mind your typical hand holding, arm around the shoulder, occasional kiss type of PDA. I'm talking about the face sucking, groping each other, soft porn type of PDA that people tend to engage in while standing in the supermarket checkout line. Yes, it's happened. Try explaining that to a 4 year old.

When People Don't Respect Personal Space

This is so important and yet people seem to forget it all the time! My bubble is just that, MINE. People like to stand so close to you or sit damn near on your lap. That annoys me so much. Like I'll gladly invite you into my bubble for a hug or to show you something, but don't just be all up on me bruh. And stuff like this:

annoys the crap out of me. If there are other empty seats available, DO NOT COME SIT RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I'll move every time. It makes me uncomfortable.

People That Say "I Could Care Less"

What makes it most annoying for me is that it's almost always used in a snarky and condescending way. Like you might want to dial back the bitchiness and actually use the correct phrase, eh?

So now that you've met some of pets, I'm interested to know some of yours!

#CHARismaticOut

CHARismatic110 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

LOL @ the last one. Drives me nuts, too, as does "all of the sudden," "supposably," and people who continuously start sentences with "okay," "so," or "now." As a veteran editor, it's just the tip of the iceberg. ;)

The others on this list I really think are just products of a society that has completely lost any sense of civility and simple manners.

Supposably, irregardless, all intensive purposes etc are all gear grinders for me as well.

I agree with the loud chewing part - you can't exactly tell an adult to stop doing that since it's something that they should realize themselves. Except they haven't somehow...

I don't mind people saying "I could care less" as long as they mean they really could care less than they do. In other words, using it as an expression to mean they care too much.

I'm pretty on board with all of those, homey👊

I have a laundry list I could add on too, haha. You know what though, I was thinking the other day how many speech-related pet peeves I have. That's when you know you've made the Old Curmudgeon All-Star Team😂

I would like you to not live anymore if you:
    - pronounce the silent "G" sound on an "-ing" word
    -pop your Ps
    -flick your Ls
    -crisply pronounce Ts
    -saying the obvious, hackneyed, low hanging fruit cliché, phrase, or joke when I see it coming from a mile away... be original for me one time😒

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...25094ece88.jpg

But sometimes I could care less

When someone says "I could care less"

http://i.giphy.com/l2SqhmIzZPeKGrGdG.gif

The greatest pet peeve of mine is that I don't remember my pet peeves :(

A few of your list grate with me too - For my list, top ones would be Rudeness, Littering, Messiness and not being unprepared.

Oh I can't stand when people litter. Usually because a trashcan is somewhere near by.

I completely agree, especially on loud chewing/slurping/munching, and invading personal space, but the other stuff is quite irritating too.

For the PDA thing, why don't you let them be exactly?

I'm usually not around long enough for it to really bother me. But when I have a kid asking why they are doing what they're doing, it's an issue.

you expose nonetheless a sexual part of a human body anyways back to the matter at hand : you have nothing to say to couples getting it on JUST AS MUCH as you have nothing to say about a mother breastfeeding... everyone should shut up : if they don't like it they can turn around and walk away xD

Sure thing bud

What Girls Said 7

One pet peeve of mine is the inconsistency of the English variant used in school works. A sentence like this, "No colour is in the center of the colour wheel," will confuse me because I wouldn't know if the speaker is using the British or the American variant. I would either correct "center" for "centre" or the "colour" in the sentence for conformity's sake.

I share four of your pet peeves except the first one. I don't take chewing loud as offense but rather as a sign that they're enjoying the food. I don't know why, actually; it's just the way how I perceive it.

All of these LOL. And I absolutely HATE when people smack their lips when they eat. My dad does it and it makes me so angry for some reason. 😪

• 1d

Nice post

I agree with all of these. I also hate when people chew with their mouths open, talk over a conversation (if you're in a group of 5 people and 2-3 of them are having a conversation, DO NOT loudly talk over them with the remaining people...), litter, leaves food on their plate for DAYS (dude, wipe/rinse that shit), acts over-dramatic ("You didn't say hi to this morning, so fuck you - I hate your guts"), had a huge ego, walks slowly in a hallway (either walk faster or get out of my way), and more.

There are a lot of things that piss me off about humans.

I just hate when people chew w their mouth open or lick their nasty damn fingers!!

those plus bad spelling/grammar pretty much sum up mine too.
    Like "irregardless" especially

Lol. Great bullets. I also hate "to be honest..." it suggests you are a total liar every time you don't use that as a precursor!