10 of Life's Simple Pleasures

I started my first day of my partial hospitalization program today. I'm home now and It starts again tomorrow at 10 am. I'm doing this take to remind myself of some of life's good things.

1. Reading a book in a hammock during the summer

This is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Just me, a good book, some snacks, a hammock and a good old New England Summer.

2. A good stew on a cold winter day

Those days where it gets dark around five o'clock. It's brutally cold out, this year the snow is piled high on either side of the driveway. However you don't care. You are safe and warm and you have a steaming hot bowl of homemade stew.

3. The first stretch after a good nights rest

That very first stretch, the one thats both pleasant and slightly painful. The one that shows that you are alive.

4. A meal of Bacon, Eggs, and Hash-browns

Whether its morning, noon, or night, I love this. Its just so absolutely perfect

5. The first snow of the season

That cold winter evening that brings the first snowfall of the season. That moment where you can see the snow falling outside your window and everything seems magical.

6. The first warm day of Spring

The opposite, the first warm spring day. The first time you can really feel the life going back into the Earth.

7. Curling up with your pet in your bed

You make them feel safe and warm and loved and they make you feel safe and warm and loved.

8. A good video game

Because sometimes all you want to do is rest your tired self and play a game.

9. A Hot Shower

That picture is so freaking true. However a hot shower can just make it feel like all your worries of the day have melted away.

10. A Mug of Hot Apple Cider

Nothing takes the chill out of the New England fall and winter better.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

Agree with all of them except apple cider. Not a fan XD

Nice list, except we don't get snow :(

I've always wanted to try warm apple cider! Sounds delicious!

• 5d

nice list,

Great Take!! This is what I need to do. Slow down and appreciate life's simple pleasures. It's surprising what people take for granted. Thanks for this Take !

I hope your treatment is going well for you

Very good relaxing stuff, I'm a weirdo, so none of mine would make anyone's list 😉

whats on your list

Silence.
      A morning smoke.
      An uninterrupted cup of coffee.
      A stroll through a thrift store.
      My niece dancing in her car seat to Yo Gabba Gabba.
      Sunglasses.
      The yard after I've raked the leaves.
      New vial of seed beads.
      Not having to talk during a shift of work.
      Cake.

I like people who are appreciative :)
    Relaxing at home in an over sized shirt is a good one too.

YES! One of my simple pleasures is the first dip in the lake in the summer!

What Guys Said 9

It doesn't snow very often here in Florida and our breakfast would be bacon, eggs, and grits. Otherwise, I'm right there with you!

As a northerner, I'll never understand grits

Some people do not know how to properly prepare grits. When cooked correctly, it is reminiscent of cream of wheat. . . capiche?

Huh, never would have figured that

Hot cider is so underrated! :-D

And a nice bowl or tobacco or a cigar.

www.thecigarspy.com/.../Cigars25.jpg
    cdn2.bigcommerce.com/.../...mpany-pipe-tobacco.jpg

And a good glass of wine or scotch, bourbon etc.

But I agree 100%

More possibilities of coping mechanisms, but it doesn't hurt to try. Since we're all here in this reality now, I don't see why not try any or all of the following above.

Totally agree about reading a good book, stew/soup on a cold day, the eggs/hash browns/bacon combo (or sausage), playing a good video game, and a hot shower. All things that can cheer me up a little when I'm feeling down, haha.

Well done, great Take, but as a vegetarian - I would modify number four (eggs & hash-browns with smoked seitan instead of bacon) :P

2,5,6 are why I'd never live anywhere warm. Our winters suck but I know I'd miss it.

I know exactly how you feel and for me my suspicions were confirmed when I spent Christmas in Puerto Rico

Mmmm so many feels. Also we got snow today !!!

A great take - Yeah you can't beat life's simple pleasures - Good luck on your programme.