5 Main Things Confident People DON'T Do

Hello babez, it's been some time. I haven't written a MyTake because I've been quite busy with my life. Today I am going to present 5 main things confident people never do and a few advice.

1. Compare themselves to others

Comparing yourself to others is a surefire way to make you unhappy. Life is not a competition. You don’t have to be the smartest, richest, prettiest, or most interesting person you know to be happy. Live life at your own pace instead of trying to catch up or be ahead of others.

2. Avoid (Calculated) Risks

In life, there are many uncertainties and risks. So far, we have ignored them all, but you will have to face them. In our various discussions of discounted present value, we pretended that you knew your future income—and your future tastes—with certainty. In real life, we must decide how much to save without knowing for sure what our future income will be.

3. Try To Please Everyone

Lean too much on other people’s approval and it becomes a bed of thorns.

In fact, more than a problem this is a disease. Why?

Because they want everyone to like them. To love them.

They dread disapproval. Pleasing everyone seems to be the answer, the safe way to inoculate yourself against conflict and confrontation in relationships, whether family, friends, or work.

So you fail to speak up, fail to say what’s on your mind, fail to allow yourself to be the real you.

4. Avoid Rejection

One of the reasons shy guys have almost no success with women is because they fear rejection. The woman usually has to make all the moves and give a lot of obvious signals she is interested. Otherwise the shy guy is terrified of getting turned down, or ignored, or being laughed at, or made to look like a loser. THAT'S WRONG!

5. Give Away Power

Some people see themselves in the drivers seat of their lives and others feel they are in the passenger seat. Stop being frustrated with how your life is going and take your personal power back.

No matter why you may think you are in the passenger seat you can take back your personal power. The first step is recognizing where you are giving it away.

Thanks everyone for reading this. Stay cute and beautiful!!! <3 <3

#HakunaMatata

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

Looks like I'm not confident, RIP.

"One of the reasons shy guys have almost no success with women is because they fear rejection."
    -Whole heartedly agree. Can even support this based on my own experience - or lack thereof.

"The woman usually has to make all the moves and give a lot of obvious signals she is interested."
    -... except the woman usually doesn't because she isn't interested in the first place.

"Otherwise the shy guy is terrified of getting turned down, or ignored, or being laughed at, or made to look like a loser. THAT'S WRONG!"
    -But it is what it is and all of those are valid points. Yeah, sounds like excuses, but they are real none the less.

Learning to be more confident in these you listed.

You know, my instincts are telling me to call you a moron, but im smart enough to know that its because i disagree with only ONE point... which was the first one... that you have.
    Im pretty confident, but i constantly compare.. and i think many confident people do, need a gauge. the ones that don't are called Narcissists...
    but after reading the entire take... Yes ma'am... its a good Take. The risks and give away power are kinda similar but who is judging and we definitely don't give a fuck about rejection. Rejection to me has always been a challenge... people/relationship wise. Signs of being confident... i Know i can do better.

Wow, This is very insightful and surprising coming from your usual light hearted, bubbly personality. The only aspect I don't mesh with is trying to please everyone. That in itself is a no win situation..

Me light hearted and bubbly? Lol
      I am a cold nature

Hahaha haha haha lmfaoooooo

Ok then homey. Peace..

Avoid calculated risks?
    That's like the only thing i didn't get.

If you know you can win $10000000 or loose your home you choose not to risk your home
      Just a simple example

Depends how much your home is worth, like say a 5000000 dollar home that is a 2:1 ratio and certainly not worth it.
      But if your house is say...200k that is a 50:1 ratio
      Next it depends on the outcome of winning, what is the goal, how do you get there, calculating your ability to complete that. As long as you have a given chance of winning 50% or higher you can make it happen.
      Sure maybe confident people wouldn't take that but leaders would.
      Market dynamics, bam

Great take. Regarding rejection, rejection isn't an issue. Being led is an issue though for sure. You feel like an idiot once they finally reject you and can make it hard to tell who's really into you and who isn't. Not that it keeps me from trying but it is frustrating as hell.

Yeah good take - My view is that everyone is little confident/not confident, secure/insecure and sure of themselves/has a little self doubt - To go too hard may seem like over compensating, hopefully somewhere in life you work out a happy balance between your two sides - I would much rather be content than "Confident" to be honest - As regards your take that may be the route for many to be content, who knows whatever makes a person happy in long run is the most important thing I suppose.

Guess who has two thumbs and does all of these.

This guy... 66.media.tumblr.com/...lw7xfz9KNS1qef4fuo1_400.gif

For number 3. It's less about trying to get everyone to like me and more of my upbringing of trying to help everyone I can.

Well pleasuring everyone and helping others is different so you're all good

mycity-web.com/.../confidence-quotes.png
    Said the confident men 😉
    Good take
    I like it

This sure is gonna bring down 90% of gag users' self esteem 😂😣😭

Well well well... so it seems to be I'm not a confident person too.

tbh these are facts :( I don't know you so I can't really say something. these are facts I took from a Psychology book and then i tried to explain them with my words

And have an outie pussy

What Girls Said 7

• 5d

thats nice''

I gotta disagree with no. 1.

Even though constant comparisons to others CAN be pernicious, I don't think it's realistic -- or healthy even -- to say that anyone should STOP making such comparisons.
    After all, comparisons are a part of human nature. We feel competitive -- in some way or another -- with our perceived competition... as well as with anyone who's just in our general "league", even if we don't *perceive* any explicit competition.
    This is just part of life. It's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid, unless you're ready to go off and do some Into the Wild type of thing where you literally don't see any other people at all, for months or years. (... and even then, you'd probably *still* be making comparisons. How would [name of most outdoorsy person you know] be surviving this? Etc...)

Instead, we have to realize that people ARE GOING to make comparisons -- and we need to try to foster HEALTHY and POSITIVE comparisons, not just negative ones.
    In other words... Keep comparing yourself to others -- but, make sure at least some of those comparisons make YOU look just as good as, or even better than, others!

Case in point:

A big part of **my own** POSITIVE self-image CAME FROM comparing myself to others.

Yep.

Specifically, I'd look at other women I thought were goddesses, and find the SAME "flaws" I found in myself!

When I was a teenager, I was OBSESSED with the asymmetry in my face. My eyes don't have exactly the same shape, and my jaw is more square on the right side of my face than on the left side.
    Like 99 percent of other teenage girls, I was hyper-self-critical about these things... until I looked VERY closely at pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Cindy Crawford, two of the "goddess-on-earth" women I idolized.

Sure enough...
    Cindy's left eye is slightly higher and larger than her right, and her jaw is more square on her left.
    Marilyn's left eye is lower than her right, and the left side of her face is actually a little wider than the right.

When I saw THOSE things -- and realized I could "compare myself to" THOSE amazing women -- that did WONDERS for my self-image. I mean, **I** was actually on the level of freakin' Cindy and Marilyn, ffs! Me! Me me me me me!

You get me.

As a bonus -- When you start thinking this way... You'll be surprised how many people will agree with you.
    <3

I do really well at all of these except #3.

I loved it
    actually I ve always struggles with 1 and 3 :/

Oh dear... I'm screwed

Welp... I'm screwed. :P

Great take!