Disney's First Latina Princess, Well Kind Of!

Photo Source: yahoo.com

For the first time in history, Disney has a Latina princess!

Well, a Latina character... critics says she will only count as a "Disney Princess" when they do a full-length feature film.

Till then, let's get to know Princess Elena of Avalor!

Earlier this week, Disney Junior announced that Princess Elena of Avalor will make her debut next year on a special episode of the network's popular preschool show, "Sofia the First."

Disney Junior describes Princess Elena as "a confident and compassionate teenager in an enchanted fairy tale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore."

After her debut on "Sofia the First", 16-year-old Elena will star in her own spin-off series, "Elena of Avalor," also set to premiere on Disney Junior in 2016.

What do you think about Disney FINALLY creating a Latina princess, well techinically speaking Latina character? I am intrigued to sea how she will spice up Disney's magical kingdom!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• The bigots are mad

• About time Disney gets a Latina princess.

• That's badass first latina on Disney good one :P

• Well said , & ya I want to see that aswell !!

What Girls Said 7

• I'm so happy my future children will have a princess that they can actually relate to :)

• That's awesome! I wish they would do an Indian one too...

• P. S. Esmeralda was a 'Gypsy' but it seems from her name a Spanish one... she wasn't a princess officially - but for me a gorgeous Gypsy princess and I think the first 'Latinic' type female character Disney had created (in Hunchback of Notredame).

• Ayeee, about time. I love how they didn't attempt to white wash her look, hopefully it stays that day. Either way, she's beautiful and am happy that it's finally happening.

• I think its a good idea.

• she's probably Spanish

• That is awesome!!! My daughter is a 6yr old Latina and she asked me when she was 4 why all the princesses look like her pre school friends and not her. She will be so excited to see this!!

• I'm so excited for your daughter! Identification is such an important part of the socialization process for children. Hope she enjoys. Did she like Dora the explorer ever?