80s Child Nostalgia: Trip Down Memory Lane

Aah, the 80s. For those of us who grew up in them, they're full of childhood nostalgia and nightmarish yearbook photos. I've noticed a few businesses attempting to lure us into their clutches using our favorite memories as bait:

I'm not going to lie, there's a few others that would probably get me:

SHE-RA

If they did a She-Ra reboot today, I'd probably watch it. Shamelessly.

POPPLES

I owned the white one on the bottom left. Don't tell my mom I used to hide my liqour in there...

G.I. JOE

My first crush - Duke from G.I. Joe. Scarlett be hatin'.

MY LITTLE PONIES

Honda should've gone with this one. Then they could have targeted Bronies as well.

MY BUDDY AND KID SISTER

The jingle for this toy commercial still gets stuck in my head TO THIS DAY. And now it's stuck in yours.

WWF WRESTLING

The glory days! Am I remembering this correctly, didn't this used to come on Saturday mornings?

80s kids unite! What are your favorite memories from the era?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• My favorite memory about the 80s? Being born. It wasn't until much later when I discovered the amazing music and movies of the 80s.

• Wellllll she was called "Party Popple" for a reason!

My favourite memories are:
    -Wonderboy in Monster Land and Contra on the Master System and NES respectively.
    -Transformers! ROBOTS IN DE SKIES! (yes, I know)
    -Knight Rider! I had a Knight Rider big wheel. The plastic wheel could barely grip the smooth paving of my grandparents' driveway which made me feel extra cool as I spun the wheel.
    -NASA and the space program was still exciting - space shuttles and space stations and all sorts of stuff still seemed like they were going to happen! The ISS was still called 'Freedom'.
    -BADASS action movies, with real stunts, not CGI! The rise of Arnie and Stallone!
    -Some of the most catchy pop music ever!
    -home computers
    -music videos!

• My Grand love affair with Video games began in that decade with this system right here

upload.wikimedia.org/.../NES-Console-Set.jpg

And of course soo many other great things, the movies, the old technology, the television shows. I remember arcades and how crowded they once were!

• Aaaaah yes. My mom bought us one at a pawn shop and it was missing the top half of the plastic cover lol Still worked though. And the classic "blow in the cartridge to make it work" trick... yes.

• Not from 80s T_T but WWF wrestling was awesome ^_^

• Ok i ain't gonna lie here if they did a she ra live action movie with todays movie technology id be all over that!

• This was right up my alley, haha. The My Buddy jingle never left my head, stuck there since like '86. Stream of consciousness 80s memories startiiiiinnnnngggg NOW: The A-Team; He-Man/G. I. Joe was life, never got into Transformers as much though; Muppet Babies was my jam on Saturday mornings, as well as Garfield & Friends, The Smurfs, I watched the Gummi Bears theme song then I think I switched to a different channel cuz I "bearly" remember that show [rimshot]😂; wrestling before it was lame with Hulk Hogan, Iron Shiek, Nikolai Volkov, Junkyard Dog, Ultimate Warrior, Randy Macho Man Savage, Andre the Giant; I have so many memories of you commercials, even ones I didn't own or want, like Glo-Worms, Monchichi, Cabbage Patch Kids, and of course 🎶Cree-eeeee-py Crawlerrrrrs🎶; I remember how awesome all the G. I. Joe toy commercials were as far as the cool terrain the kids kids were always playing on, with little mini-hills and bodies of water, ad being pissed that I had nothing like that to play on; Nickelodeon! You Can't Do That On Television, Out of Control (with pre-Joey Gladstone Dave Coulier hosting, Pinwheel, Today's Special, Nick Rocks (the music video show) where I saw some of my earliest music memories like Billie Jean, Like A Virgin, We're Not Gonna Take It, and Karma Chameleon, and wondering why the "girl" singing was so weird looking and called "herself" Boy George; all the sitcoms! Punky Brewster, ALF, Small Wonder, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers, that whole TGIF line up with Full House, etc; early Saved By The Bell when I was introduced to my hero Zack Morris😎; possibly the best decade for movies, I don't know where to start... Karate Kid, The Goonies, Flight of the Navigator, all the ones I was a little too young for but watched anyway: Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, the John Hughes line-up; I was also obsessed with being like a SoCal BMX/skater/surfer kid and said radical and gnarly all the time😝 Out of room, awww😢

• Share your thoughts

• He-man, knight rider, A-team

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are what I like from the 80's the toys and the cartoon series.

• I had a crush on Raphael. Yes. I was in love with a mutant humanoid turtle.

• That damned Nytol commercial stuck with me as I got older. Now I watch it on YouTube.

• Oh shit, totally forgot about that and don't even need to look it up. 🎶Ny-tol will help you get your Zzzzzzzz🎶 Haunting👻

• Saturday Night Live was funny in the 80s!

Some great music came out of the 80s.

• Haha where is he-man

What Girls Said 3

• Wow I loved she-ra. and then their was also He-man and he man had a enemy called skeletor. yes I remember all this. I loved the trudi frutti trolls as well : ) we diddnt need internet to have fun

• OMG!! I had so many My Little Pony's and Strawberry Shortcake Dolls! I even had the Strawberry trolley and the bike for the pieman. (I think that's his name) I also had a she-ra talking tooth brush. I loved He-man and WildCats. I had pound puppies and charm necklaces. Oh and jelly shoes and bracelets!! So much fun!! I love the 80's!!!

• I love all these!!! I was born in 1980 so I remember everything about the 80s. I loved She-ra and my brother was obsessed with He-Man. Some of my favs were Rainbow Brite, Cabbage Patch Kids, Jelly shoes, anything neon coloured, Ghostbusters, all John Hughes movies, Mini Pops, Madonna, Tiffany, crimped hair, Jem and the Holograms, swatches, slip n slides, 1 cent candies, I'm sure I am missing more but these are the things that come to the top of my head