Lazy or Pure Genius? You Decide

Lazy or Pure Genius? You Decide

Necessity is the mother of ingenuity, so they say, but I don't think that this is what they had in mind. This reminds me of when I was in college and cell phones with cameras had recently came about. There was a guy in my marketing class who was just taking photos of the slides instead of taking notes, and I thought, "Is this guy brilliant? Or a lazy bastard?"

There is no "Off" position on the genius switch.

What do you think? Lazy or pure genius?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• I don't like lazy people to be honest, I'm all about earning your place in the world through blood, sweat, tears and hard work. Especially in the fitness industry were there are no shortcuts you have to work your ass off to get a truly great physique and that mindset should be applied to all aspects of life. Besides the only it's ok to be lazy Is after a long hard day at work when you've earned the right to relax.

• It's more so arrogance that gets you there. :) It's a mind set of I could do that, but I'm better than that. So when people give you tasks that are below you, as in they do not challenge you mentally then you basically refuse to do them. Then you either manipulate someone else into doing them for you, or you come up with a solution that makes your annoyance go away. I'd know, this is the sort of thing I do all the time.

• some girls prefer intelligent guys, others prefer hardworking ones

• Being lazy is not being ignorant. They showed some innovation for their comfort.

There are four types of people
    1. Lazy duffer
    2. Lazy genius
    3. Active duffer
    4. Active genius
    Bill Gates is interested in #2.

They are 'both' lazy and genius.
    Good pictures :)

• I was always told "smarter not harder” however that involves good use of common sense and realizing that some tasks are going to be hard regardless of what innovations are out there.

• I would think that it is all about personal choice whether we find a quicker or easier way or whether we do it with more effort to get the job done. If you can think of a simple easy way to do something then that is genius but if you get someone else to think of a quick and easier solution that you choose to benefit from without any contributions towards it then that is laziness.

• What you call lazy, i call ingenuity!

• i'm lazy when it counts really. i mean visual effects in general is all about cheating. if we didn't it would drive us mad. we use green screens so we don't have to rotoscope shit out all the time, approximate global illumination and ambient occlusion so we dont have to use brute force quasi monte carlo methods, its kind of in our nature to take a complex per case task and find the easiest fastest way to do it. my teacher once told me, ur too fast, u have to slow down or u won't get paid. and especially with shit like logos or something, minimalist simplicity looks better than the complex hard to make stuff. i could make the deadmau5 or google logo in literally 10 seconds, but then i'd wait a couple days to make it seem like it took longer cause they wouldn't pay me enough.

• geniuses get bored easily. didn't you know that?

What Girls Said 7

• THere is a difference between being a genius and hardworking. THis was an amazing take :)

• Ah, I was hoping for a more wordy MyTake, this is just pictures that many of us have seen before.

• It's about convenience and laziness.

• to tell you the truth, I am too lazy even to think of anything

• I consider lazy when you just don't feel like doing anything so you just grab a taco and watch Netflix instead of doing something important. Those things you have given as examples I think are pure genius or just lazy people who have figured out every cheat code in life. After all, Bill Gates just said it.

• Some of these are dangerous and health hazards. Some of these are boring and mundane. Some of these are interesting. My feeling about this is mixed.

• It's not lazy OR genius.. It's lazy AND genius.
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4df6-afb5-b0632c478776.jpg
    Lazy and pure genius give you the popcorn in his hoodie, while hardworking and pure genius gave you that computer he's using...

I'm sure that by "lazy", Bill means "too smart to do all the boring work when he can find a better way" to get it done.