Do You Believe in Ghosts?

I was out at a hosue party with some friends which was a rip-roaring great time. When the party doed down and people started crawling out, we decided instead of sleeping, we'd chill in the living room, finish the rest of the beer and play cards til the sun would come and sober, we could drive for some breakfast.

Cards got boring fast cuz one guys was kicking our asses in poker, so one of the chicks, who lived in the house, started telling us a story about how this house was haunted. Most people laughed it off, and told her to stop tripping. She smirked and walked over to the closet and pulled out a Ouija board. She dared us if we didn't beieve, to just try it. 5 minutes and we'd know what she was 100% about. That this house was damned and had a portal to the otherside.

Do You Believe in Ghosts?

I watched as some people started playing, (not her) and after a few minutes nothing happened. The jocks started laughing it off, but as soon as they started making jokes, the planchette started to move. The room fell immediately silent. The words that the supposed spirit spelled out referred to one of the guy's dead grandfathers, he addressed him by his baptized name. No one at the party knew this guy well enough to know that, but the spirit started spelling out some words in Polish - the language of his dead grandfather, words he told us that basically translated to "I'm here for you."

The dude got up so fast and left the house in a panic, we all kind of chuckled but none of us knew Polish, so his reaction was disturbing. I didn't see that kid again. 2 weeks went by and everyone kinda forgot about that night, until I saw on Facebook that THAT guy, the day before had died in a car crash.

All I could remember is that board told him it was there for 'him'.

I don't know if it's a sad coincidence or what, but I'll never touch a Ouija board myself...

What do you guys think?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 16

• I do believe in ghosts. See theirs a thing called I suppose a gift its called were people can see ghosts. I use to and remember quite well. Some can actually talk to ghost and some can't. They can only see them. Ghosts can trick you so you have got to be careful. Do not go looking for a dead because you're gonna most likely get a ghost haunting you or some crap. So yes ghosts are real.

• I do infintity precent because I was haunted since I was little and its been going on ever since and gain some powers like making them go away or feeling their presents and like vanishing them but they well some hang around too but leave later and its super scary too me still

• I beleive in ghosts because I'm being haunted by a demon. It's scary as hell and I cry a lot. I don't know what I did to deserve this.

Anyways... I've posted like 15 questions on ghosts and if I'm being haunted or not.

• You might need to tell your friend to call the priest or someone who can help people if there is an activity in the house because it could be or become evil.

• Don't touch Ouija boards. You're just asking for it if you do. Ghosts/spirits definitely exist. Then there are demons, which is another story, but they definitely exist, too. People call me superstitious but I've seen and felt things, and heard stories and there's no way it isn't real.

• Yeah I hear you, they exist no doubt, some a lot more malevolent than others. Do not interfere with them and hopefully they won't interfere with you and when you say you've felt things, I have too, there are a lot of things we cannot explain

• I agree with MarkyyG123!

• my mom is a pastor and i was grown up seeing demon talking through a person's mouth and people were healed from various diseases after they get out. So, ghost is not a surprise. but then I didn't know the difference between fallen angels and ghost. so I studied for a while. ghost is a spirit once was human and demon is not. but we call all the spirit inside human as demon. but then demon is not able to come inside of human because it has never had human form. I don't know. however I have seen 3 dead black men. one was crying. And, I see this things on the street when I was in paris. Entire city was full of ghosts and there were many of them standing on the street and when I pass by, they run to the side. they were scared of me. It was literally spirit city. There was lots of teenagers who died of car accident or something were there too. they are in the shopping mall. house was haunted. In a guest house where I was in, a couple of people saw a girl with blond hair. I am literally living with dead people. I should be more socializing because that way I can forget about this dead world but I had a traumatized childhood and can't get out of it often. but I am trying and have some plan but spiritual world seems to be real as it can be and they are related to many of the things we do everyday. they guide us, tip us, help us, rescue us. there is a thing called conjuring. evil people try to conjour us and steal from us many things so we have to protect ourselves. connection to the people are very important however if you can't get any, then try to avoid any unsafe situation is important. and I can tell that if I care about someone, something goes out and help him or her. And things are fixed when are care without touching it so spiritual world must be very important but not obsessed wit it is important too. because we are living in a living world.

• no way would I mess with oujia board !!! I believe in ghosts, by the way just because that guys grandpa's spirit could've came through because it was checking on the kid. . I've been to physics and had my cards read several times they've never been wrong. . I also am a little sensitive

• The kid really died? That's crazy. I wouldn't ever touch one of those things. I don't actually believe in ghosts per say, but I do believe in good/evil spirits.

• I do. They scare me

• I completely believe in stuff. Have you sen the excorist movie? That was based on a true story you can look that up.

The dangerous thing about ouiji boards is that it's not the spirit who moves the triangle on the board.. the spirit possesses you and makes you move it.

Ouiji board is not to be taken lightly, it's no joke. That guy (may he rip) shouldn't of got up and left right away he should've attempted to say goodbye. Sometimes that doesn't work though.

• I don't believe in oujia boards since anyone can make them, I don't think I read this take correctly but another reason why I don't believe is because you always have to have your hands on the tool, if you don't then you have a high risk of being "possed" or letting in bad spirits. Anyone could be moving it on purpose.

• Some things you shouldn't mess with, my mother used to play around with an Ouija board when she was younger with a friend, nothing good happened there ether... they came against a bad spirit who told her friend the day she would die and next thing my mum knows on that date her friend apparently started franticly scratching herself, all her face and arms and she commited suicide... so... don't mess with things you don't know...

Tarot cards are okie but i wouldn't mess with an Ouija board unless you have some proper silver like silver coins or full silver chain and put it on the slider or under the glass, i would reccomend putting 10ps all around the board in a circle too just as an extra precaution, silver apparently works against bad spirits, also ask for protection from your loved ones and spirit guide (if there is a spirit guide i'm not sure), but it's best to ask anyways), don't do it unprotected because conjouring up that kind of energy... never know what might happen. I've had qutie a few paranormal experiences myself, my family kind of have psychic abilities, my mum does, i do, my dads mother did and i've seen a flying saucer with my dad.

• I love tarot cards I once read some cards to my friend it said that his family would lose a lot of money and other stuff n next week he came back and said that his mom lost his job lol

• Yeh they accurately read for me all the time, of course problems is you can't read again until you've solved those problems other wise every time you read it will give you similar meaning cards over and over again, i haven't read for a while, i'm still a beguinner but i can do the basic celtic spread, i read for someone online and he got SO freaked out he never talked to me again lol, i hadn't even started learning yet ether... i just knew you can do one with 3 cards. I have the book by Joe Bunning which is the best book out there.

• I do and Zak Bagans... Zak Bagans *sigh*xD I dont go for his type of guy normally but but I have to say he is strong fearless with a great body.

• I am a firm believer that there is something there. All a ghost really is, is left over energy of that persons life. Now mostly , depending on what religion you are, people will tell you when you play with ouija boards, which you aren't supposed to, that you're not speaking to a ghost but an evil entity declaring itself a past friend or loved one. Then again I believe it only has power if you give it power, if you don't put your full belief into it then you give it no power to be and so it means nothing. This could be purely coincidence that this happened to that guy. It is very tragic.

• tell me how many people have died evil s ghost? they can't charm us :)

• I'm not saying they can harm us. If you reread I said , depending on your religion, most people would have you believe that they can harm you. I didn't say I thought that.

• I don't believe in ghosts. You can ouija board all you want but I won't believe. But hey, it's exciting to believe in ghosts huh.

• Yup.. even i don't believe in ghost but it will be exciting to talk to one... face to face... Hahaha

• I believe in ghosts to an extent

What Guys Said 14

• Ye Goste True! Beware Imitationes!

I bewildereth to giveth it a thought!

• I love 3 ghosts very much:

- Casper
      -The Canterville Ghost
      - Jacob Marley's ghost
      Fantastic ghosts indeed!

• I do believe in ghosts. They have always piqued my curiosity. For instance: Nobody is every afraid of a ghost because of what the spirit might do to them or anything, but simply because it is a ghost. Why is that? Another point: My dad is a pastor, so my family is very religious. I've always wondered why ghosts don't simply pass into Heaven or Hell when they die. For a while I thought it might be because they were too good for Hell, but still too bad for heaven, but over time I learned from my Dad that that actually isn't how Heaven and hell work. He says that people go to heaven or Hell based on whether they had repented to Jesus or not. (sorry for rambling. I'm an Aspie.)

• So its purgatory?

• @MinderProject Well, no. We Potestants don't belive in Purgatory. It is not mentioned at all anywhere in scripture. It is something that the Catholic Church made up in the Middle ages.

• @Cheerboxer Allegedly. Who can say for sure? I had always thought of a soul proceeding to Heaven or Hell when it dies as something involuntary. As something that just happens in and of itself, like a rock rushing towards the ground when I loosen my grip on it.

• "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein

Maybe, maybe not.

• I do believe in supernatural stuff.. cause i lived in a hauted house... but i dont know.. i heard many stories about ouija boards... in one of them a girl completely goes mad after using it and after 2 years she is back normal! One of our professors also say that we should not even try using ouija board cause these types of cases have 99% chances of death...

Seriously i dont know what to belive, but if tommorow was my last day.. i would try the ouija board!

• Heh! Is it a joke... i dont believe in ghosts... this is all non-sense. and if you think it makes sence, that could just be a co-incident.

• Spirit world, paranormal, "ghosts", are absolutely real. We as humans just disregard the stories, evidence, or legitimate proof of "ghosts" because we dont fully understand "ghosts" and the unknown can be very scary. Just because your senses do not pick up something doesn't mean it is not there. Can we see full infrared spectrum? Can we hear extreme high, low frequencies in the full sound wave? Nope! Science even supports these things... and even ghosts now too

• I'm agnostic about ghost. LOL

Happy medium.

• Tell him @Queen_naki5 "Nuh uh we black people, we run from shit like that" (said that towards the title)

• I used to be a security guard and I've worked long night shifts in old warehouses and construction sites. I've encountered all sorts of paranormal activity. I've never actually seen a ghost, but I've heard sounds and I've felt a ghostly presence while patrolling the perimeter on foot. I'd be the only one on site all alone in the dark corridors of these eerie places. I've heard voices murmuring in the dark, and once a loud sneeze right behind me. On two separate occasions, I've had a radio turn on for no reason. The first time I found the radio and unplugged it. The second time I heard the radio go off I cautiously approached to the area where I heard the sound coming from, and before I got there the sounds just disappeared and the radio was nowhere to be found! But the most terrifying incident was when I was on the 3rd floor of the construction site and all the doors opened wide and slammed shut simultaneously! My co-workers who worked that site have reported similar happenings at that location.

• Eek! scary! indeed being in these types of jobs really gets you out there and on the edge placing you into situations like this... on the edge of society is where it's at if you wish to experience things really because society is put in place to hide these things... there is SO much more out there than we are told, that i'm 100% certain of because of my own experiences, every time i walk amongst people i wonder who really is who... what could be walking amongst me?, but if there is they probs sense these things from me a mile away... i've never fit in to be honest, so it's easy to spot me always walking alone or sitting alone... but always i wonder constantly, i never think of the world as simple as others because it's not. I would honestly give anything to be there when you experienced these things.

• Do you know the history of the place?

• @MonaAmour

I don't know much. Except this location was a brand new apartment complex that was under construction. Before that I believe it used to be a shipping yard for freight trucks with lots of junk lying around.

When it comes to construction sites though, sometimes if the construction company unearths any ancient artifacts they usually keep very secretive about it. Because if they report their findings, ethnic heritage organizations and the government will seize the land to do archaeological excavations. Sometimes they won't give the land back and take all the artifacts for themselves, leaving the owners with nothing. So it's possible this land could have been a monumental burial site and the construction company didn't report anything.

• No way I do not

• Ouija's not bad it only a psychic tool to talk to ghosts.

• Used to, when I was a foolish gullible little twerp. Now I don't think so. :/

And about that guy... It was just a mere coincidence that he died from a car crash. And the girl probably rigged the game. And maybe even did some research on the guy's granddad.

But I'm not here to make another worthless fight over spiritual things, I'm just sharing what I think. No harm done right? :)

• There's more between heaven and hell than we know, but that ghosts can manpulate the physicalworld to such an extent that they can kill? i find that highly unlikely!