My Favorite Things To Do During the Summer

It is now April and the weather is warming up as Spring is upon us and soon Summer will be here (in the northern hemisphere at least). The Summer is my favorite time of the year. I love the outdoors, being active, and enjoying all that the Summer months have to offer. So here are some of my favorite things to do during the Summer.

1. Hiking

Hiking is a great method of exercise. Of course it can be done during any season, I simply prefer to hike during the Summer. It lets you enjoy the beauty of nature while getting a work-out. It can be beneficial for the body as well as the mind and it's great for anyone whether they be a pro or a beginner since there are different hiking trails of varying difficulty. There's something for everyone no matter how fit you currently are. It is peaceful and calming.

2. Canoeing and Kayaking

Canoeing and kayaking can be really fun activities. It can promote health by improving aerobic fitness, strength, and flexibilitiy. This activity can be either exhilerating or peaceful depending on what the person wants to get out of it. It's also a great way to explore the waterways.

3. Random Road Trips

I don't know about anyone else but I love road trips, especially spontaneous ones. Just getting together with my friends, getting in a car and driving either to the lake, the beach, the mountains, or anywhere to just "get away." The possibilities are endless. People who get bored or dislike car rides probably won't care for this activity but for me, I love going new places and experiencing new things. It can be fun to just drive somewhere new and spend the day with good friends.

4. Going to the Beach

Some people may have access to the beach all year long but for me, this is somewhere I only get to go during the Summer. I love the beach and collecting seashells is one of my favorite things to do. Feeling the sunshine, walking in the sand, and feeling the tide rush over my feet is amazing. Being at the beach just brings about a sense of tranquility and I love admiring the ocean. I also enjoy walking out onto the piers.

5. Amusement Parks

This is another activity I love to do during the Summer. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters, but I love riding other rides and just experiencing the atmosphere of an amusement park. It's exciting, fun, and allows for great memories to be made.

6. Going to Baseball Games

Some people aren't into baseball but I love going to games and watching my local minor league team play. It's just a fun experience and it's something my family does every Summer. I have always enjoyed doing this every year with my parents and brother.

7. Stargazing

This one might not make much sense to some people but for me, the universe has always been something that has mesmerized me and peaked my curiousity. During the summer I love to go outside at night, spread out a blanket, and just stare at the stars either with a close friend, a family member, or even by myself. It can be beautiful and awe-inspiring, especially if you happen to catch a glance of a "shooting star."

Needless to say, I can't wait for Summer to arrive. What are some of your favorite things to do during the Summer? :)

xHoneyxBeex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 21

• I like rides on the bicycle a lot

• I love the long days of summer - When it is dawn around 4/4.30 and my bedroom faces east I leave blinds open so I let the sun wake me up - I work from home so you get up and get stuck in, getting everything done by lunchtime. You will still have another 10 hours of daylight to plan and do things. Like you getting outdoors into nature is a huge part of it - Then around 10 when the sun goes to bed, you do too.

• I loved all your options besides going to baseball games and going to the beach cause I will get sunburn I am as pale as a ghost lol. I went Kayaking when my aunt came over here for the first time with her kids as well its was a lot of fun, stargazing, hiking, and road trips are the best.

• I agree, they're all great activities to engage in. I'm quite pale also so I have to use tons of sunscreen when I go to the beach or anywhere outside during the summer. Lol

• Lol yeah same here like I need a really high spf not to get sunburn lol like 60 spf isn't even enough lol
      and the only reason I didn't like baseball games is cause the bleachers tend to make your buns really hot when you sit down lol.

• Lol yes, that's very true.

• I've never experienced the changing of seasons until I came to America, to Chicago, and I realize how big of an impact it has on people. I live in a place were it was always warm and sunny, so you basically do any of those activities any time of the year, but when I came here I saw a big difference in Summer and in Winter. In winter people basically don't do anything outside, mainly because there's not much to do, but in summer there are sooooo many things.
    When I heard people say "I can't wait for the summer" I didn't really understood it, but now I do.

To all that you said, I would add festivals, mostly music ones, but any type of festival is awesome.

Good Take ;)

• haha yeah, during the Winter it's too cold to really do much. I just stay inside mostly. I love warm weather and there's more to do during the summer. And yes, music festivals are really popular during this time of year also :)

• And why would I care?

• Can I come with you?

• Your favorite things to do just make you even more attractive. :-)

• Botanical Gardens, The Zoo, Planting trees.

• Hiking and road trip.. thumps up..

• Sleeping in a sunbeam, dreaming trippy dreams.

• I love being with the people I love. With family, friends and girls! I would hike with anyone, canoe and kayak with anyone, go on car rides with a girl next to me, go to the beach with all my friends and me and the boys can see what the girls got on their bodies, go to amusement parks with all my friends, go to baseball games with anyone; I love the STL Cardinals and the KC Royals, and I'd love to stargaze with the girl of my dreams!

• Amusements parks are fun. I wish I could do those again. I'll just be trying to go to more state parks this summer for something to do.

• Awesome, which state do you live in? My state only has a couple of amusement parks but they're both really fun. I'll be going a few times this summer probably :)

• I live in Minnesota. Basically the only amusement park is valley fair but if you count the mall of America rides then I guess there would be two amusement parks

• now i am 17 and i want to try some of these things on your list like going on road trip or Canoeing and Kayaking

• Here are my favorite things to do in the Summer.

1. Swimming-This is my absolute favorite thing to do in the Summer, hands down. I LOVE swimming! My family joins this local private pool club every Summer and we swim there in peace (it's so much better than a public pool) and it's cheap. I love to swim in oceans too but I haven't been to a beach since 2002. Since I despise hot weather, this is the perfect opportunity for me to cool off.

2. Watch baseball-Just like you, I LOVE watching baseball! I used to play baseball and baseball has always been my favorite sport! My favorite team is the Cincinnati Reds (I'm a huge Reds fan) and I also like to watch local minor league teams as well. Since you live in the middle of Virginia, wouldn't you be a Nationals fan?(If you watch professional that is.)

3. Attend amusement parks-I'm with you on this one as well. I'm a big roller coaster fan though and I love many other rides too! Such as you said, I just enjoy the atmosphere anyway!

4. Road trips-Same here as well. Whether they're planned or not, Summer is a GREAT time to travel. Unfortunately, I rarely travel. I haven't left my home state of Ohio for a TRIP/VACATION since 2010(almost five years now.) It's a shame really.

I love to hike all year around but unlike you, I think Summer is the WORST season to hike, due to the heat. And like I mentioned, I HATE HATE heat. I've never been canoeing or kayaking (I would like to try it sometime.) Stargazing is ok but it's definitely not one of my favorite things to do.

• Haha I actually don't really have any favorite major league teams, I get bored watching baseball on TV. I just love going to games and being there in person because that's more interesting to me. I'm actually more of a football fan, I go to games in the Fall AND watch it on TV and regarding that, I'm a Virginia Tech fan for collegiate and for the NFL, I'm a Redskins fan :)

• Of course, I like going to the baseball games better too-Or going to ANY games in person for any sport.

I feel sorry for Redskins fans. The team just never does that good anymore.

• Roadtrips to Wisconsin? 😜

• I love being outside at night feeling the warmth and seeing the stars. A good night time walk with someone hot and sexy can lead to some summer loving fun.

• Everything except the beach for me, can't swim. Oh and stargazing I gotta head out a bit cause I rarely see stars in the sky here. But my top activity is basketball outdoors.

• I just go to the beach. I love swimming in the sea

• Good take :)

I can't go this summer. This is my final year so, I have to study harder. :)

• I also LOVE hiking. Camping, too. I'm lucky. My state (California) has some great national parks.

I also love sailing. I like sailing, too. Oh, by the way, I love to sailing. You know what else is cool? Sailing! Did I mention I love to go sailing?

I prefer to star gaze in the winter or spring. I like Orion.

• Haha I would probably love sailing but I've never been.

• Try it when you can. And go ocean sailing, not lake sailing. Lake sailing is like masturbation.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 13

• Nice Take :)

• cute (*^^*)

tropical resorts, beaches, going on drives♡

• I hate the heat. I might just migrate to Canada when summer hits Germany lol

• haha! surprisingly, I've heard it can get quite warm in Canada during the summer. I always used to think it was cold year-round there but my Canadian friends tell me otherwise. Lol

• Well then fuck it. Alaska, I'm coming!

• haha! Yes, that might work :)

• I love to do all of these things! But I don't care too much for baseball.

• 7. Stargazing ♥♥♥

• Beach all day everyday !!!

• I would love to spend the summer with you.

• My favorite is amusement park and another is stargazing...

And cool post.

• I love every single activity you've mentioned!
    but i don't like summers. Temperatures go as high as 40 deg. Celsius. It is brutal! And the 4 months of rains are terribly inconvenient...
    so i like winters more, where the weather is pleasant

• Wow that's interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what country are you from?

• At least Delhi is not as humid as Mumbai! It is ridiculous here
      but you should visit India once, take owner

• Yes, I love the rich and beautiful history/culture of India :)

• Good post
    I will

• I like to do three of those things...

Going to the beach√
    Amusement Parks√
    And Stargazing√

I also like swimming. Which is the same thing as going to the beach lol.

• I like swimming too, just not at the beach. Swimming in the ocean kinda freaks me out. Lol

• I do 3 and 4 a lot with my boyfriend. Never again will I do 2 because of a bad experience. Love to go hiking more but there aren't that many good trails where I live. Nightlife is also better in the summer.

• Aw, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it, that's one of my favorite things to do. And yeah, I'm glad I live really close to the mountains so there's a lot of hiking trails in my area.

• During summer I like nightlife, amusement parks, and beach sunsets.
    It's a coincidence I was outside and realized how hot the weather is getting right before I saw this take :P

• haha yes! That's what made me write this, the weather has been so nice and warm this week where I live.