Learning how to be body confident...It's extremely hard but anyone can do it

Learning how to be body confident... its extremely hard but anyone can do it

I have been a big girl all my life and I have never been confident but now that is changing slowly but surely. I have been teased and bullied for my weight multiple times in school.

It got to the point where I wanted to commit suicide because I believed what everyone told me, I felt worthless and unwanted.

I know I am FAT!! I don't need anyone to tell me that...trust me I don't sugar coat it for myself I know the facts, I know what I look like and I know what I'm considered to society. I always wanted to be that girl that fit in with everyone else, the girl that the boys liked in school, the girl that got picked first for things not last, the girl that was pretty and confident.

I used to hide behind clothing thinking if I wore things that were loose you wouldn't be able to see all of me...hoodies were my security blanket they made me feel safe, they made me feel invisible to the world. I didn't like being invisible because I love meeting new people and making new friends but I would way rather be invisible than to be bullied.

Years passed and I would see these plus size girls be so confident and just so care free and I told myself that's what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wanted to be a plus size model because then I would be like all the other beautiful plus size women that loved themselves for who they were not what they looked like. Now being a little older I understand that clothing doesn't protect you it actually hurts you if you try to use it to hide yourself. I now hate wearing hoodies or jackets...I love showing myself off I wear dresses, skirts, strapless shirts, and heels. It took me a long time to figure out how I could love myself for who I am and I'm no where near finished but I have had a great start and look forward to working on it more everyday.

I no longer care if people don't like the way I look because damnit if I feel sexy I'm gonna feel fucking sexy and ain't nobody gonna ruin that for me. Recently I just took my body confidence to the next level, I bought a fatkini which my boyfriend helped pick out (I am wearing it in the picture). I was terrified because I was scared of what people were gonna say when I went out in public with this on but I got over my fear. I wore it out several times and haven't had one person say anything mean to me...yes, I am sure people thought some things and stared but that's okay because I love my bathing suit and I feel good in it. It is hard to be confident when we live in a society like the one we live in today but if I can do it I know anyone can it just takes a little effort and some support.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• Kudos to you being confident.

But I read through the entire thing to just find that one line of '"my metobolism/ genes don't allow me to lose weight". Needless to say I did not find that line.

So the obvious question: why are you not working on losing weight? It's good that you accept yourself but then again you aren't exactly healthy either.

I myself have been pretty scrawny my whole life but I have been improving on that for the past few years - I didn't demand people accept me for who I am and neither was I proud of being thin - I took action. Why aren't you?

• It doesn't matter why she isn't skinny. Not everyone has all kinds of medical tests to see why they struggle with weight. She's not demanding that people accept her. She is taking pride in finally being able to love herself regardless of her weight. It doesn't matter what other people think. If you don't like the way someone looks, don't look. Who says she isn't healthy because of her weight. Skinny isn't the definition for healthy. I hear that response from people here and other places in regards to those who are overweight. That's stupidity talking. My grandmother is 93 years old and has been a size 18 for as long as I have known her. Guess what? She's as healthy as a damn horse. She will probably live to be over 100. Weight does not determine health and it doesn't matter what other people think. by the way, who says she hasn't taken action? It's hard as hell to lose weight.

• "I myself have been pretty scrawny my whole life but I have been improving on that for the past few years - I didn't demand people accept me for who I am and neither was I proud of being thin - I took action. Why aren't you?"

People should accept you for who you are though, almost every single person has a problem/issue and as long as it's not hurting anyone else they should accept you, there is more to someone then how they look.

• eeww your body is gross, put it away, noone should have to see that, and pouting when you are ugly is sooo tragic. i imagine you will get lots of illness as obese and all the slim people will be payin for your treatment you fat selfish pig

• wow... this coming from a 34-year old... Tragic.

• Y eould u feel the need to say something like that at least she's got a life and ur what 34 and still on this sight news flash bruh if ur so ugly u ain't even got a profile pick up dont judge others look in the mirror next time and make sure ur perfect before u decide to judge someone else and its pretty sad that ur actually willing to say that ur crewl and heartless she's being a good and inspiring person and your shooting her down for it wow just wow if u didn't like the take then dont read it

• Oh, please, you're very ugly, stop doing that.

• bully. you should be too mature for that. her outside might be ugly for you, but dude, your inside is just soooo fugly. Please stop doing that.

• No, her mouth, she does something strange with her mouth, I don't like that. Actually, it spoils the photo because the rest of the body is sexy.

• Keep smiling.

• Nice take!

What Girls Said 15

• You're not "fat". You're "normal". Women are women and *most* women have the same curves as you (granted you're the girl in the picture). I'm plus-sized too and I don't even give a damn what the size says on the tags when I buy clothes. They fit me and that's what matters. I'm glad you found confidence at an early age! I wish I had. It took me probably until my 30s to not give a damn anymore. :)

• Interesting take but what about confidence in general?

• i love your take and you are great looking! not everyone has to think that others are beautiful. i think you can judge people but that doesn't mean you should say it out loud. your mind has this awesome thing where no one is able to know what you're thinking but you. its fine if you think someone is ugly just respect them and keep it inside

• Omg your so cute haha, I love your confidence and personality in this picture, keep the love for girls like us alive! I am not as curvy as you but I do have my reserves about my body and wish I could be as confident as you look in this pic! Your my little inspiration for the day!

• Your beautiful!!! and dont lie ur not fat ur average size

• Lol damn people really are fucked up on the internet. Trying to put people down when they should be lifting them up. It's really inspiring that you made this post :) it's amazing.

To be mean to someone you don't know is fucking low as hell. Esspically because you happened to not like how they look. You don't know what could be going on with them or what they went through to be this way or that.

Humans 😳 Anyway this makes me feel better about not having a totally flat stomach. Its not even a big deal. Media really does poison minds. Because if you aren't small in certain places it makes you gross or if you don't have enough of something like breasts and butt you aren't hot. When that's not even the case..

I see people of all shapes, heights, color, and size with someone on the street. People see it all the time and still doubt themselves. Its a shame.

• Nice take!

I wish I could be like you too, but I lack one thing in order to love myself: a boyfriend. There's absolutely no one who loves me and accepts me with this body, so whenever I have the stregth to change it, I will fucking change my body. I'm so tired of the bullying from strangers who know jack shit about my struggles. People have said that I have a cute face. It's my body that's the deal breaker for most guys out there.

• lol I know who downvoted me. That anonymous coward little brat. So hillarious, that little girl!

• I know how you feel girly but heyy its all good I promise, one day you will find someone that loves you for you and won't care what you look like. I did and I still can't believe it!! I don't think you need to change anything I'm positive you are gorgeous just the way you are and people will talk shit no matter what I mean if you're fat someone will talk shit, if you're skinny someone will talk shit... people will find any little reason to talk bad about someone else.

• you look absolutely spectacular in your picture! more than the way your body looks, i think your confidence shines through... don't let anybody make you feel less

• Dang. You have no shame.. I applaud you because I wish I was as confident as you.

• Good for you, girl! :)

• You actually carry your weight really well, you have a nice body. Just try get as/stay as healthy as possible for your own sake and i'm glad you have so much confidence, I know it's not easy with all the pressure that is put on women these days.

• Now I know what Miss Piggy's body is like.
    thenypost.files.wordpress.com/.../misspiggy2.jpg

• You should also know what her attitude is like as well.. similar to yours--Stupid. :D

• Oh jesus just shut your damn mouth didn't your momma teach ya any manner apparently not! You are a coward... you have to be anonymous to be disrespectful to me only because you don't want people to know who the disrespectful little bitch is that posts shit like this!! Girl you can't fucking hurt me I could care less because and I guarantee I'm prettier than you maybe not physically but personality wise, nobody like someone with an ugly personality.

• As if being fat wasn't bad enough... You sound a bit cray cray. Don't you know nobody likes crazy people?

• Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story. I think everyone should exercise at least a little bit to keep themselves healthy, but being confident with who you are is just as important if not more.

• What's a fatkini?
    Well, you said you love yours which I guess is the bikini. Personally I think the top part looks kinda big on you, maybe you could find one more flattering, but anyway congrats on living and doing as you please. Wish I could do the same, so I'm very happy for you.

• You look great.. I was on the bigger size myself and year its kind if difficult sometimes to accept yourself.