The Oldest Known Selfie - 10 Interesting Photos from the Past

As much as I hate taking photos of myself, I like seeing other people's interesting photos. Especially if they are old ones. So I had some saved on my computer (creep alert :O) from "distractify" and some other random sites and just wanted to share a few with you guys.

10. The Oldest Known Selfie

This photo of Robert Cornelius was the first ever selfie (taken in 1839).

9. The Kissing Sailor

Soldier kissing a nurse in Times Square on the day WWII ended.

8. Two Winners of a Beauty Pageant

Shows us how beauty standards were much more different in 1922.

7. ...

He's rehearsing his speeches in front of a mirror. Ugh once again the egotism with this one...

6. Baby Cages

These cages were used by some (dumb) 1930s families who wanted their children to get enough sunlight. (Are you kidding me?!)

5. ♫ Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk ♫

Salvador Dali and Coco Chanel smoking together (1938).

4. He Has a Dream

A boy listening to Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a dream" speech (1963)

3. Make love no war!

A cute puppy sleeping between Russian soldiers (1945)

2. Being A Mother

This is a photo of a concerned pea-picker and mother of 7 children during the Dust Bowl in 1936.

1. Last Kisses

Soldiers getting their last kisses before leaving for war (World War II).

That's about it. Let me know if you guys liked it or want to see more. #9 and #5 are probably my favorites. Which one was yours? ;)

Read Part II: Ten Interesting Photos From The Past (Part II): A Tad Disturbing Ones

2522

Most Helpful Guy

• Congratulations, good take. Honestly number 9 ( kissing sailor) is my fav. i think this is the best way to celebrate end of war :) my second fav is baby cage but i liked your comment about baby cages more than that picture lol by the way in general all of the photos you chose were good. congratulations again. tebrikler :)

• Teşekkürler. That's one of my all time favorites. Haha I'm glad you enjoyed my comments as well :)

• Anladım, benim de o konuda şüphelerim var haha. Ama bunların hepsi bana ait ( fotoğrafların seçimi isim koyma ve yorumlar falan.)

• doğrudur inanıyorum sana :) o zaman umarım devamını hazırlayacak zamanı ve ruh halini bulursun da zevkle okurum. bana özel mesaj atıp haber ver lütfen hazırlarsan kaçırmayayım ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I love photos like these. Interesting to see how the times have changed and we have the pictures to prove it. :)

I also find it sad people can't read more than four words ahead and think that this whole myTake is about selfies when only the first photo was, only to criticize that the rest of the photos are not. LOL

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 21

What Girls Said 24