Depressed because I'm kind of short?

I'm 5'2", I'm actually kind of tall but I'm short at the same time. I've been noticing that women around 4'9"-5'0" have really big heads and tiny thick bodies. I'm worried that shorter people have bigger heads and get fat easily. Does that mean that I have a gigantic head too? I'm 97 lbs. How do I get taller? I have less than one year left to grow.

I'm scared I look like this: (with a really big head and short legs and arms with a long torso)thunderboltmountain.files.wordpress.com/.../prop.jpeg
People usually tell me that I have long legs though and that I don't have a big head. I don't know what to do! I'm going insane!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'2" with a 5'2" girlfriend and i think she's the most beautiful woman ever!

What Guys Said 19

• Hey! don't get scared, hope didn't die yet! And another thing. Tall girls can never get small but small girls can get taller, either with growth or high heels.

There are lots of things you can do to grow taller.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Become-Taller-Naturally

On the other hand, don't bother yourself too much about your looks and shapes because whats in your mind, gets reflected on the ones around you and if you don't respect yourself as you are, than how can others. So be confident either if you will grow taller or not. Expect the worst, hope for the best while you are still happy.

There is only one version of you on the planet, so don't be the person who want to be like someone else but where others want to be like you. Find your good features and bring them out to the surface.

Start with a smile, that's the best makeup a girl can get. :)

• For girls, the growth spurt begins between 10 and 11 and lasts until around 15; for boys, it starts about two years later and lasts until age 17 or so. Girls typically stop growing about three years after they've had their first period, but boys continue to grow throughout their teens.

• Yeah, I know I'm kind of done

• Yeah i don't see nothing wrong with that pic of that girls appearance
      sorry you feel so down

• But her head is soooo big!

• My dear, focusing on trivial issues like that will only lead you into further depression. You are who you are, wear it proudly and don't focus on what other people think. and personally i don't find anything wrong with the girl in the photo, isn't she a really famous italian cook

• You have nothing to worry about, men like shorter women. And as for proportions, that depends on your body type not your height. Tall people can have short limbs and long torsos, and have big heads and put weight on easier. I'm 5'3" with long limbs and a short torso, and I don't have a huge head.

• I am 6'4" and I have dated girls your height or shorter than you before. My friends that are about my height as well love short girls. Taller girls tend to have much harder times getting dates or attention than shorter women. I find any woman 6' or under short. Also the linked pic is of Giada. She's really attractive and doesn't have a big head well physically, she might have one as in her ego. Don't worry so much and learn to embrace your height :)

• I'm 4'9" and weight 77 pounds. Super small-framed. I freaking look eleven sometimes. And doctors say I won't grow much more because I was malnourished up until last year.

I also do not have a big head. And you won't one day "suddenly" get fat and weight 200 pounds just because you're slightly on the short side. From what I get, you're perfect for your height, so as long as you keep taking care of yourself, it should not be a problem at all. If you're that scared of weight you could no to a nutritionist, but I don't even think that's necessary.

• That's prity tall for me my crush is 4,6 and I love it SHE IS PERFECT :) u have nothing to worrie about

• A good friend of mine (girl) is 5'1" and she looks just fine. Don;t be self conscious and just get on with it. If you are like the girl in the picture then I'd have no problem with you and be very happy to go out with you...

• Don't worry, short girls are adorable!

• short is feminine, so stop whining bitch. If guy was short, the only thing he can do is to jump over the bridge.

• I'm 6'4
    265lbs, a nigga like me would be scared to break you.

• But you won't...

• The question is where will it put that weight to? Will you be built like a duffle bag or have a Kim k body?

• I have a 0.7 waist to hop ratio so that means that I have curves. I'm just not as big as Kim
      K

• Don't worry, you're all good homie!

• Did you even look at the link?

• Don't worry about it much. One thing i learned is that shorter is better a quite a few situations.

• relax you look cute and small girls are adorable :)

• what's so bad about having a big head lol?

• I don't have a big head, most people tell me it's small. I'm just worried that when I'll get older... Instead of being 5'2" and 97lbs I'll be 5'2" and 200lbs with the biggest head in the world

• you're not gonna get fat and you just said your head isn't big, why are you sad about this?

• Because what if that happens

• If you respond to my post I will radically open your mind

• Okay... Open my mind how?

• Like she's short to him but she's tall to the avergse person

• not when she wears heels and most men are not six feet like me. Most men are 5'9 in america. So if you were 5'7 with heels, then you would be taller

• You're lucky you're not a 5'6 guy like me... sad times!

• Your head will be proportional to your body. I'm 5' 4" and fully grown and kind of wish my head was a little bigger. So there, you're fine.

• I'm small framed (an ectomorph) so does that men that since I have small bones I'll have a small head too?

• Probably. Don't worry about it too much. No one is perfect.

• Well life is short too. You could piss away your life thinking of things that you cannot change or you can live and accept who you are and love you.

• ;( Filler

• Ok then enjoy

• Thanks

What Girls Said 10

• You can't be tall and short at the same time.
    You are either one or the other.
    5'2 isn't bad depending on your age.
    Are you under 14 ?

• I am 15, and I'm going to be 5'2" for the rest of my life Because I'm done growing in height at 16

• Maybe I'll just get leg lengthening surgery

• Very expensive and risky procedure.
      Not worth it in my opinion.
      If you want to be a little taller wear heels.

People love someone confident.
      Putting yourself down about your physical appearance shows in the way you carry yourself

• I don't know why a lot of girls hate being short. I'm 5'2" also but I love being short. I used to be taller than most people (but they kinda caught up) and being on both sides I think I like being short better. You can easily blend in if you want, people can give you piggyback rides, and you're like a boss at hide and seek (you can easily fit in places). And 97 pounds at 5'2" is NOT fat. Hey look at me I'm a chubby old 130. And who cares if you have a big head? (Which most shorter people really don't) Just saying you're skinny, embrace your shortness because chika you're adorable!

• That's true... People think I'm tiny
      I guess it's a good thing. But I want to cry so much right now

• Lemonlimetime just wanted to say your advice on this post is wise well beyond your years. Great job. It was thoughtful, kind and caring. +1 to you :)

• @Anon1999 haha thank you :)

• Girls really, really need to find something else to do with their time.

I swear most of you are programmed to think you and other people are "fat" not matter what lol

Seriously no one except for you actually cares about this shit. Shorts girls look great, tall girls look great, everything in between looks great, get a personality and move on from shit like this.

• Honestly I don't think people notice things like that.

I'm 5'0" and this is literally the first I'm hearing of this being a "problem" so don't worry about it. :)

As for getting taller.. I'm fairly sure that's up to genetics. That's what happened in my case, at least.

• There is nothing wrong with being short and I don't think your head can get bigger also its not that short people get fat easily its that they carry it differently than taller people for example if a girl that is 5'2 is 120 pounds and a girl that is 5'8 is 120 the taller girl will be skinnier because there is more room to evenly distribute the weight don't worry just rock what you got

• Lol, honey it's fine. You sound pretty petite honestly and there's nothing wrong with that!! Everyone has a different body type. Your height is the average among women.

There are girls wayy shorter.

I know a girl who's 4 ft tall. I'm not shaming her, but would you like to be that height?

• No... I would actually cry if I was that tall

Lol you made me feel better Haha

• I'm 5'3" and 94 pounds. I haven't grown but about an inch in over a year. I'm just overall a small person. I don't have a big head and I am FAR from getting fat.

Your worries are nothing to worry about.

• That's exactly what my freinds tell me but you can never be too sure

• lol I didn't ask for your sass

But anyways, thanks for answering

• I don't care if you asked for sass or not, I'm just giving you my answer straight on. You just need to chill. Stop worrying about something so insignificant. It isn't a big deal. No one cares about your height--except you. Height is really the least of your worries. There's nothing to do to change it, there's nothing to do to control it, you just get what you get. Like a beloved saying, "you get what you get so don't throw a fit."

Moral of the story: chill. 🙍

• You are not short You will grow up more.

• First of all, having a big head isn't something you can control. It's genetics-and clearly so is height. Second of all, that's just a sterotype about shorter people getting faster fatter. I'm sick and tired of hearing people say being short is a bad thing.(Not mad at you just annoyed with the sterotype). we need to stop bodyshaming-we should all be happy with our bodies-everyBODY is beautiful. Girl just keep doing you. Eat your fruit and veggies and wear heels.

• being short is not a big deal.

• I know! But look at the link

• asker, men love short gurls so you are fine

• Did you even look at how big her head is compared to the rest of her?