Do black people go lighter or darker when they tan?

So, Before you all give me a load of shit calling me a racist and stuff, I am just genuinely curious as this is something i was never taught about, and where i live there is literally no coloured people so i cannot ask anyone or see it happen.

Like, When a white guy like myself tans, I go orange.

But, When a black person tans, Does their skin go lighter (As in getting more orange) or does it go darker into a richer shade of brown/black?

And, I saw some black girl on here say she was exited to get tan lines, but, i couldnt help but think, would he tan lines be lighter colour then the rest of her or darker?

Thank you, And, I apologize if this came of racist or some shit, I am just innocently curious.

• When black people tan, they go darker
    88% (22)89% (16)88% (38)Vote
  • When black people tan, they go lighter / more orange
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • When black people tan, nothing happens and their skin stays the same.
    12% (3)11% (2)12% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|7

Most Helpful Guy

• This is what happens when a black person sits in the sun their whole life i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP1428-1.jpg l i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP1426-1.jpg k i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP0673.jpg Umm basically you get a darker smoother looking skin tone #SunIsMyAndOurFriend ^_^

4|0
    0|0
    • Oh thank you!. Now, I asked a question to someone else, But, Ill just ask it to you aswel *Sorry for copying and pasting*

Say if you had brown skin, When you tanned, Would your skin just go darker brown, Or would it actually go black black?
      Because, where i live there are basically no coloured people unfortunately so i cannot tell, but, When i see things from like the US and stuff, There seems to be coloured people who are brown, and some who are black (Like black black). And, Is that just because the black ones are tanned more then the brown ones, or are they like completely different forms of african/american all together that decend from different parts of africa?

Cheers matey! :)

• Show All
    • @kaminalove You're #Mistwive #36 * hands you the infamous golden kunai and pink flak jacket* LOL #DontLetGenie23SeeThis

What Girls Said 9

• Black people don't call it a tan.
    We are already tan, brown or dark complexioned so we simply call it "getting darker".
    The whole tanning word is something white people use in reference to them having very light skin and getting golden complexion (tan).

5|4
    0|0
  • i'm brown and i go darker when i tan or my face turns red lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh right haha, So, You just get browner, And not more oranger? ;)

• Show All
    • Oh right i see!, Well cheers matey!,
      And, sorry if i seemed insultive, I am just honestly curious as i rarely ever see people of colour, So this stuff is fascinating to me xD.

• lol its ok

• When black people tan, they go darker. The tan lines would be lighter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get red and die
    If I'm lucky I get darker

2|0
    0|0
  • I go darker but with in a few weeks I'll be right back to my same color if I'm not out as much

But I live in a place where it's always sunny so I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • We don't tan we charcoal. xD

0|0
    0|0
  • They go darker like everyone else. You turn orange? How many carrots do you eat?

0|0
    0|0
    • Like i said matey, Where i live there are virtually no black people unfortunately, so i do not know :/.

And, When i tan, i go the colour i am in my picture, Which is like a red/orangey. I don't really go brown :/

• Show All
    • Lol I thought with orange you meant you go orange like this pbs.twimg.com/media/BEygOEBCQAAzYVp.jpg:large xD
      yeah.. that's a normal colour when you don't have as much melanin as other people.

• Oh no not that orange fucking hell ! xD

• I know black people that say they don't tan at all. Or burn. That's just them, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay , so since your so curious lol for me since I'm more of a dark brown I go darker. Most black people get darker in the summer and go back to their original color or lighter in the winter. Some may get a little orangy maybe if they are really light skin or some might get sunburn so it depends since we are different shades. But I would say more than likely a black person will go darker when they get their tan.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• this was great bro :) thanks for the giggles

2|1
    0|0
    • Sorry if i sound really stupid man, I have just never met a black person in real life before, I mean, I've probably seen like 5 or so walking around where i live in my life, But, there are virtually no black people here so i was just curious :/

• Haha! yeah dude i know you were being serious =) you dont sound stupid bro... its just funny! lol
      but yeah they got darker, the melanin in their skin still does the same thing as ours

• Aright, Thank you, Well, Im glad i could at least make you chuckle with my stupidity xD

• I'm already tan so I don't see the point in doing so but I imagine you just get darker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black people tan? lol I mean obviously they absorb sunlight like the rest of us I just meant I've never heard of one doing it on purpose.

0|0
    0|0
  • even blacker

0|0
    0|0
  • Look at the pools dude and common sense says human skin when exposed to sun goes darker

0|0
    2|1
    • Like i said mate, Where i live, There are literally nearly no black people (I can honestly say i have only ever seen maybe 5ish in person in my entire life). So i have absolutely no idea im afraid, Thats what i was thinking though, Like, When i tan, I go orange/red, So, i was wondering if the same happened to them (Which would mean they would technically go lighter), but apparently not.
      I wasn't trying to seem insultive or retarded or anything, I am just genuinely curious D:

• There are some very dark black people that only tan slightly because it don't show, but most tan and become darker and its obvious

• Maybe obvious for you, Not very obvious for someone who has never met a black person before and is just over half the life experience of you :/.

• They go darker, like everyone else.

0|0
    0|0
    • Like i said man, Where i live black people are almost non existant, so i have never seen it before D: