My boss keeps cutting my hours!!! Why?

So I started a new job last week at a new restaurant & this week I noticed my boss has been cutting my hours at work & sending me home early! I'm the only one he's doing this too! I was supposed to have done 36 hours this week & so far I've done 6 or 7 hours :( I know for a fact that I'm a hard worker & I do my job fantasticly. But I don't know why he's doing this to me! The restaurant is always busy & in the middle of lunch rush or dinner rush he calls the restaurant & tells the my shift leader to cuts me after 2 hours even tho she needs me during the rush! Everyone else even the lazy people we have on staff work all their hours, they never get cut! I'm also the only black person on staff! What should I do!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah thats typical of the food industry.
    I worked as a waiter too and they did the same to me. They only need you when its busy but dont wanna pay you more then they need to.
    I say stand up for yourself, bring it up to your boss and quit if it continues.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your boss is slowly cutting your hours as a way of preparing to let you go.
    If I were you the most sensible thing to do would be to endure this for the time being but actively look for another job on your days off.
    You deserve to work in an environment where you feel comfortable.

What Guys Said 2

• If you just started then he's going to treat you like crap. The new employees always get the bottom of the barrel treatment. Just give him time to realize that you're a good employee.
    Maybe your job is low on funding or something.

• he's racist ofc look for a new job quick

What Girls Said 1

• they might have too many employees.

• Honestly they don't! Each person has a job there are 5 of us! We work as a team! When he sends me home, there is so much pressure on the remaining few! It slows everything down! And when my boss notices that he is pissed but he never calls me back in to help