Francophone (French) and anglophone (English), how do you call Spanish speakers?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is "hispanophone." Portuguese-speaking is "lusophone," by the way. :) There's also sinophone, russophone, etc. Unlike the names of languages, when written properly these words are not capitalized.

• I did capitalize the first one because I was starting the question.

Does that work for spaniards too? Hispanophone?

• Merci y gracias. :)

• De nada, de rien et you're welcome XD

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• Bonjour Amy 馃槉
    In french and in English, we say hispanophone.
    You would say hispanohablantes

• Bonjour!

Merci beaucoup 馃槉

• @asker
      After reading the comments, I wanted to add that we do indeed have the word catalophone which would be a more literal translation for castellanofonos. They seem to be synonymous.

• Thanks a lot for that!!!

• Hispanophone or Hispanosphere you fucking XP/notification whore. you could have googled that in 10 seconds xD

• I did it baby! XD couldn't find shit lol

Thanks for the compliment

• You know I'm kidding euro hottie 馃槀馃槀馃槀

• of course I know 馃槝

• How would you call Portuguese speakers?

• Hispanophone?

• Hispanophones?

• Spaniards. Hispanophones. Fucking Mexicans. I don't know ANYMORE. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Spanglophone? I don't know

• I'd prefer to use email.

• According to Wikipedia it's Hispanophone

• I usually just use a regular phone, lady!

What Girls Said 3

• Pretty sure we don't categorise like that, we'd mostly just assume they were Spanish and call them that.

• Yeah, I know, but when it comes to countries you say stuff like "anglophone" or "francophone" countries. That means that in those places they speak English or French.

We use that in Spanish very often... At least I do, but ironically I don't know how to call countries where the most spoken language is Spanish.

• Ehh, the English tend to not be the most caring, so we kinda just lump everyone together, which is why we probably don't really have a word for it (or at least, not a commonly used one). The closest I can think of that I heard is maybe Hispanic.

• Yeah, you're right. 2 helpful gagers told me that it's hispanophone.

Thanks! 馃榿

• anglosaxonic people i guess

• Hispaniques