Why are some people such bad texters?

Okay, I will acknowledge the fact that I am one of those people too.
I'll take days to respond or never respond at all!

But when I am actually serious about texting, I will respond back immediately back and forth.

However, some people seem to send you a message right away (you know they are still by their phone).
You send them one within seconds, then they take 30 minutes to respond back.
Lol! after their response again, you answer almost immediately. Almost for them to do the same thing again.

Wtf! do u bad texters do this shit on purpose?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm usually pretty good at texting but I have done a few things. Like I'll get the text and view it and know what I'm going to respond but I'll actually won't respond but thinking I did haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, I just think people are busy and can't respond or don't want to respond within seconds to 5 minutes just in case it comes off too desperate. I think people who reply longer (those people who take ages) enjoy phone calls/conversations more

What Guys Said 18

• Because texting sucks. It is so impersonal and can sometimes take forever to get anywhere. I'd much rather talk on the phone (yeah, even though I'm a guy) or in person so you can actually interact with one another and get to the heart of it in minutes than spend hours or days texting.

• I have been so annoyed by what you call 'bad texters' too! Some of them are just that - bad texters, while some just don't care.

• I suppose texting just doesn't come to them naturally or they don't know how to use the appropriate words to text with. Could be anything

• I have no idea. That happens to me a lot (I'm the one who responds immediately), and eventually I'll just purposefully respond as slow as they are.

• The only reason I'd ever hesitate to respond was if I was driving and saw a text pop up and didn't respond then and also just forgot to do it later. Other than not, I would always respond as fast as asap.

• Each person has a different way of texting, I think that many of these things can't be explained or they have several explanations. That's why I consider personal interactions more important.

• Exactly! I hate texting! But when I am actually serious about it, it sluggish responses suck.

I guess I some what know the hell I put people through

• *the sluggish responses suck.

• well now this days phone with touch screen sucks balls like omfg keep spelling things wrong cuz the dam touch screen fuck everything up or auto correct shit thats why texting to me is like me trowing my phone out the window and just go where you are at home and talk there or phone call is way better and i allways leave my phone somewhere in the house like hiding under the bed or sofa or you left it in the room and your in the bathroom and im sorry i am not going to take my phone everywhere like what girls does sorry guys don't roll lol

• Because texting isn't a conversation. I send people texts back as soon as possible, but just out of courtesy. Not a means of conversation.

• You answered your own question. when you dont respond in time, you know why it is.. because you dont have a high enough level of interest.

• Naw I just hate texting in general and usually dont text first. But this person texts first so i figure they are interested in talking to me

• I don't respond to texts right away. If you wanted a convo why don't you call? Texting is for when I get around to it and doesn't need my immediate attention.

• By the sluggish responses, wanting to call discourages me because I assume that person is busy.

• I don't play texting games, I don't even tune myself to that frequency. I see a text, I'll respond AND if I need to know something right away, I will not even text back, I will call. If I'm busy with something else, they'll have to wait.

• Why is "ability to text in such a way to be considered a "good texter" worth knowing?

• I reply within 15 minutes or less 95% of the time. If not I'm definitely busy.

• Because I hate phones and very rarely use them?

• I am imidiate but I don't like when someone breply me back so late. When ever I am going to be busy I told them I am busy so they don't mind

• no they probably have fat fingers

• WELL THAN YOUR A BAD TEXTER LOL WHY DID YOU POST THIS IF YOU DO THE SAME THING LOL WOMEN

• Gah I'm bad. It sometimes takes days for me to respond and even sometimes weeks or never.

• No its called we have a life and we are trying to do other stuff instead of just texting, I didn't know we had to respond to a text right away, I never do. Its annoying.

What Girls Said 10

• I am #adhdgirl. I am also super duper ultimate ultra extrovert pony -- in my world, conversations don't actually end. Together, that's... a bad combination, when it comes to continuity, LOL.

I mean, srsly, I just get overwhelmed with the sheer # of different vehicles of communication, sometimes.
    Text + line + wechat + voicemail (hahahaha) + social media + various e-mails + phone (hahahahha)? Yeah...
    I mean, I regularly forget the very existence of one or more of these channels of communication. On the reg. I sometimes take days to return a message because I simply forget that that particular channel exists, for the moment anyway.

It's worst with the damn notifications on my phone. I HATE the fact that, once I swipe the damn phone open and/or accidentally tap on a notification, there's NO WAY to make it re-appear again. Holy shit! LOL

I mean... really, I'll get back, eventually.

If something is actually urgent/important -- like, it involves my kids, or it involves some sort of imminent logistics (like an airport pickup or sth) -- I'll be on poyyyynt.

If not... well, #adhdgirl. To know me is to love me. Mwah. Talk to you in 11 days! <3

• I'm guilty of this lately because I've been so busy. I can check G@G and quickly respond to some questions, but I don't want to answer some texts because I know I wouldn't be able to have a full-on conversation as easily. Sometimes I just forget that I've checked a message as well. Whoops. o_o

• They might just not want talk to u!

• I highly doubt it, since my text me first half of the time

• *since they text me first

• Yeah I know what it feels like. I just ignore them. I assume they are busy or they no longer want talk. I knew friends that took a week to get back. Even though they were the ones to start texting. Its werid but that how it is now in days! Me on the other hand I can text forever non stop.

• Because they might be busy?

Sometimes I get a text and know it's there but wait until I'm not as busy to respond back.

• I'm one of those people who respond like 2days later. Unless you are really interesting or I like you, I won't reply faster lol

• Sometimes I say "Okay I'll respond to that text in a second" and then I just completely forget 😅
    If I take days to reply it means I'm 100% ignoring you on purpose

• I have no idea I rarely ever text. When I do it's short.

• One of my friends did that because

1. That friend had work.
    2. Only to aggravate me

• I think they just don't care

• So caught up in other stuff the texts get overlooked, probably only notice it few days after and feel so bad i didn't respond at the time i don't respond at all, maybe wait to see if the person sends another if it was that important, if not i'll eventually get around to responding.