Is liking anime a turn-off?

I am a girl from Canada (live in US) that is interested in the Japanese culture of anime and manga. I'm not very public about it and I actually avoid letting people know I am into that kind of thing... do guys think that that is weird/a turn-off? I suppose it would depend but what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• It depends how often you talk about something that he does not understand. In other words only geek out about what others have seen/know. If you gog fan girling all over the place they will find it weird. example. Hey you look like so and so from that anime that no one has heard of. Just control it and eventually you will find someone that you can completely geek out on that knows what your talking about and will enjoy it with you.

• Nope I like anime and would find it very attractive if a girl did. Actually, after watching my first anime I started learning Japanese just to watch anime and read manga in its native form. I don't even watch very much anime. Plus I wanted to learn a second language and didn't feel like Spanish yet. Maybe the way I responded to anime is a turn-off but just liking it isn't.

• No, you'll land a guy faster pulling out a duel disc. Lol. Also it's plus to most average males if you watch anime.

• I wouldn't say its a turn on or a turn off. However it is a positive thing (for me anyway), because i am also into anime, and it's nice to have any common interests with a girl you like.

• Nope. I'm also into anime/manga and Japanese culture :) I think it's something special if both the guy and girl enjoy anime/manga.

• for most people who never actually enjoyed anime, it may sound like you´re a stupid nerd xD this goes for guys and girls.

people who like anime will have no problem with a partner liking anime too.

• Nope not at all.

• Although not into it myself, I can't see any problem with a girl being into it. Why would it matter? Only immature jackasses would make any issue of it.

• Liking it, no. Being obsessed with it? If the guy isn't a weeaboo, it's a huge friggin turnoff unless you're really friggin hot.

• no, it's the opposite. it's a big plus because I'm into it too

• I'm ok with it. I wish I could get into anime and all that, but I don't have the time. It all comes down to personal preference, really.

• Nope, it'd be pretty cool.

• I would find it hot and awesome because I love anime and Japanese culture too.

• Comic con sells out every year. What's that tell you.

• depends which anime, if you like Zero No Tsukaima (especially the character Louise Blanche de la Valliere) it will turn me off

• Nope not a turn off
    And most people like anime so it's totally fine

• I am 20 I still watch the amazing spiderman... lol

• It really depends, everything in moderation I suppose

• Lol kinda but not really

• I love anime so if a girl is down with it too she's got my seal of approval 👍

• I think its a big turn-off.

• You like anime?

Marry me

• that face, and anime count me in

• Not to me.

• Eh, whatever. Everyone likes their things, if you are a cool person and are attractive I doubt anyone will care unless you are really really obsessive and weird about it.

What Girls Said 2

• more people like anime than you think, most of us have watched at least one show. i'm not an anime "fan" but i've enjoyed some really good series. it wouldn't turn someone off unless they have something really against anime for some reason or another, like their mother was killed at a comic con by anime nerds.

• Meh.. most people won't care as long as you don't make them watch it with you if they're not into it.

My boyfriend watches a couple anime shows. I can't stand anime. So he watches them on Saturday/Sunday mornings while I sleep.