I'm pretty and smart, but nobody likes me?

I don't look all that bad and many people (including guys) have said that I'm pretty, that I dress well, that my hair looks nice, etc. I'm one of the top students of my class and of the school in general, even the teachers had complimented me to other students because of how intelligent I am.
Most people would think that I look mean a lot of times, like I'm stuck up and like I would just walk away if somewhere were to talk to me, but a lot of people also know that I try my best to be nice and I go out of my way to help people and it's not just to put on a fake act.
So I don't understand why no guy has ever shown any kind of interest in me. I had never been asked out nor anything. What is wrong with me, then?

Most Helpful Guy

• i just answered a question asking the same thing... and it seems like every week I've got to answer questions like this from women who don't understand why this is happening. A lot of it has to do with the fact that a lot of feminist camps have been pushing this idea that any approach by men outside of like a bar/club/class is a form of street harassment and should not be done. Guys are way too afraid these days of approaching women in the way you want, because they're afraid of being seen as a creep, or getting in trouble. They may be attracted to you, but because of these fears that are largely externally manufactured... they choose to just look at you from afar which can also be seen as annoying/creepy.. but its safer oftentimes than going up to the girl. My guess is that there is nothing wrong with you. There are larger things at play that are out of your control

What Guys Said 19

• It's possible that no guy thinks he is worthy to ask you out. Maybe they think you are too tall or too short or something. Maybe they don't know you are available. If you search hard for what the reason is but don't find anything I have found that crazy anomalies sometimes happen. I too have had a somewhat similar experience. When I was in high school people praised me for my speaking voice. But one time I was doing a group project and when nobody was saying anything after a minute so I decided that I would offer the solution. I did and nobody said a word. Then after about a minute someone said the exact same thing as me and everyone responded. I could not believe it. I have tried to figure out what happened but I have no idea. There are countless instances of when I was apparently totally invisible to people. Even when it didn't involve words. I am 6 feet as well so it's not hard to see me. So unless everyone is in on the same practical joke, I must have missed something I did wrong or didn't do. Some people notice but most don't I guess. Even in the most extreme circumstances. I don't know what to tell you just keep trying and try to look approachable I guess. Someone will eventually notice. Best of luck. 👍

• Here's what it sounds like to me https://youtu.be/3v98CPXNiSk

• Only smarter guys tend to go for the smarter chicks. Normies find intelligence intimidating. Players find bright chicks to be 'not worth the effort'.

So take the smarter guys you know, and find how many have the uncommon additional trait of extroversion... That's the pool that'll approach you, IF they find you to be 'their type'.

• "nobody has ever shown interest in me so I don't know"

If you are smart you would know this is ridiculous. People are and show interested. Statistically you are attractive to every 10th person out there.

Why you don't pick up on it or why guys don't ask you out is a different story and something you have to figure out yourself because we dont know you at all to tell you whats the issue at hand.

• Body language is one thing... Like you must be coming off as uninterested or not approachable...

• maybe your standards are high af and guys can just sense that shit

• Are you feminine? Outgoing?

• I would say I'm pretty feminine and I feel the most comfortable that way, though I can act differently, depending on who I'm with. And I am pretty outgoing, though it does depend on the people I'm with, too.

• A lot of guys are intimidated by girls who are smart and attractive so maybe you should try approaching them sometimes. by the way you sound nice so you can message me anytime if you have any other questions or you want to talk

• iam gonna give you a tip, every human being wants a smart and attractive partner, but when smart becomes the top of the school and way too invensted in this shit we lose interest, i would be lying if i said its not a turn off cause it is

• if you're that hot a real dude will come up and push all your buttons down and you'll end up addicted to him

• Without seen your picture I can't tell u the actual reason... why guys doesn't show interest in you...

• Guys may assume you wouldn't be interested

• How do u dress? Is your hair super short?

• Well because I'm still in school, I spend the majority of my time wearing a uniform, and no, my hair is pretty long

• Well, mean isn't really a good thing (looking mean I mean)

I'm not 100% sure why

• Do you have a resting bitch face? Try smiling more

• you just haven't met him yet try travelling p. s im 1 of 5 siblings and all my sibling have met their wives/husbands in other countries and staes states

• Keep trying, and smile more...

• What are your "standards" like what are your deal breakers etc.

• I try my best to give everyone a chance, although of course I tend to lean more towards the guys that look as good as I do (I invest a lot of time in looking well so why shouldn't they?), and not complete idiots that think school is useless and not important, I also tend to dislike self-proclaimed geniuses. Other than that, while I don't like guys who smoke, but if this is only one of the few things that I dislike, I don't mind either. I don't expect someone to be a perfect prince and so I can deal with some minor things I dislike

• Well I've blond long hair, I'm tall (relatively, I'm 173 cm but I wear heels a lot of times), fairly skinny. I have good hygiene and dress neatly, (I would say my dress style is classy, preppy), I wear minimal makeup.

• Sounds ok to me

• There may be an underlying unhappiness that makes your aura and keeps people away.

• There proobably is a guy who likes you but you probably friend zoned him

• The salt is real

• @Cthulus_Churro This tbh.
      But well nobody has ever shown interest in me so I don't know. I don't really even have guy friends I just have guy acquaintances so how could I friendzone a guy?

• maybe you just aren't paying enough attention to these 'acquaintances' to notice

What Girls Said 1

• My sister said to me once, " When I walk into a room, I assume everyone in there likes me, even if they don't." With this perspective you lower your communication barriers that you are probably subconsciously projecting into the room. I feel similarly to the situation you described, and often alienate myself because I just assume that people don't like me for this or that reason. I suppose you should just be more outgoing, but stay true to yourself at the same time.