Help quick please! Some guy on omegle says he is gonna find my identity and hack my computer?

I was bored and went on omegle. First guy I talk to said after a few minutes he has recorded me and is gonna find out mu identity by hacking my computer and that he's gonna work on it all night. I will find out in a few hours what he's gonna do with it he said.

This was the first time i have gone to this site and Im freaking out. I didn't show my face or anything else on the cam thank god.
but is it possible to hack a computer via omegle and find someone's identity?

when i asked him to tell me where I live (to prove he is really a hacker) he didn't answer anything. And i have a really good virus scanner that isn't detecting anything.

but im still scared. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• hi. i work in IT. what this guy told you is bullshit. it is not possible. he is just trying to scare you.

You sure? Even if he is some genious?
      Thanks for answering!!

Okay 10000x thank you
      im less freaking out now

ps even if he could hack omegle (again, lol, he can't, but, lets suppose he could), he would not be able to find your identity, because omegle dont have it either

What Guys Said 9

• Unless he's got the skills and worked in shit like cybersecurity and has all the connections and resources and such as having a background formerly working as analyst or agent previously for any government agencies, such as being ex-FBI, ex-CIA, ex-NSA, or even ex-IRS and knows a lot about electronic communications surveillance I very much doubt he can find your true identity and match it to a government's database.

And even then I very much doubt it, unless he has that kind of connection. He'd literally would have to be some high ranking mafia guy or mafia boss if that's the case.

Although newer technologies such as facial recognition "can" allow someone to become identified after they had been recorded. But I think only the government have the whole database on that kind of information and not any private owner.

But on the whole thing regarding hacking your computer, that will require a backdoor like a trojan horse virus infection first and then they can actually remote and take control of your computer and steal and collect any information and data about you. Which isn't easy unless he had tricked you into opening an e-mail or click on some link that triggered an installation and download of something.

• I don't think it's impossible, if he hacks an administrator account on Omegle.
    I think it's highly improbable.
    A virus scanner isn't what's needed to be anonymous. An anonymizer server works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymizer

• Don't worry about it, I have had some small experience with computers and my dad is a Principal Technological Architect. My answer is this guy is trolling you like the other responses. Block him if he contacts you and if he keeps it up then you can report him for computer hacking which is a federal offense for a private computer. Just ignore the stupid idiots out there, you have nothing to worry about.

• I study all day, so far I know it is not that terrible.
    And you can make sure you will win
    then hire good lawyer for the little thing
    you win he pay the money for lawyer.

• Stay off of omegle and you can report it to the police if you want. In the meantime stay aware of your surroundings. It's a bit unusual that a guy would off the bat want to tell you he's going to hack your computer. If you hardly have spoken to them and they don't know what you even look like they're probably just trolling. Don't go on at all. They'll probably try to coax you into doing something so they "won't hack you".

• He's trolling you.

• Don't worry. He's bullshitting you. He's an idiot.

• A good hacker should know how long it would take him to hack someone's computer.

• I don't know what omegle is.
    This guy is trolling you, though.

What Girls Said 3

• He's just messing with you. I'm pretty sure that if you use Omegle, it goes through Omegle's servers and there's no way for him to really know anything about your computer. He's just a creep who's getting off on scaring you but he can't do anything.

• He's probably joking. It's hard to hack someone

• He's fucking with you.