Do you have a habit of saying "sorry" a lot?

I sort of do. I'm one of those people who could have someone accidentally step on MY foot and I'll be the one to say sorry. 😂

I was at a register getting ready to pay for food and my wallet falls off the counter onto the floor and the cashier said sorry to me with a worried look on his face and I just started cracking up like "what are you saying sorry for?"

• Yeah
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah, confirmed :D
    I'm also generally the person who says sorry... maybe to some extent because I'm rather skinny so I have an interest in avoiding conflict - I'd be pinned to the ground by the average guy using just one hand :o
    If one day we meet we'll both say sorry instead of "how are you?" haha...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• There is a video, that really brought this to my attention:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p73-30lE-XE
    Why do women apologize, for just being there, being themselves?
    I've called out, a few at work, and asked them why!! They say it is just being a 'lady'.
    I say BS!! You have just as much right to be there as a man! If you almost collide in a hallway, why do you, as a woman apologize? Aren't you an EQUAL?

by the way, I love the part, at the end of the video, when she says, "Sorry, NOT sorry' taking the blanket!!

• I don't think... But I'm not entirely sure.
    I feel I tend to react slow enough to things where I just kind of give a blank stare for a couple and analyze the situation first... Either that or I overthink things and my minds end up a jumbled mess. The word sorry tends to come after the end of the jumble so I usually have enough time to figure out whether to say it or not.

... Although I have a friend who apologized at a wall before (for bumping into it). One time someone said to him, "why'd you say sorry" and he said apologized to the person for apologizing. Then the guy said there was no need to say sorry but my friend said sorry again. It was an automatic thing for him 😂

• No, I don't. Sorry...

• Being British, sorry is used at the end of every sentence.

• Yeah happens to me when im in a hurry or thinking of something, im just not really there. Im like "oh sorry" and move on, even if i got bumped into :D :D makes no sense

• i used to before, but now i dont really care about that, unless i made a mistake and hurt someone's feelings

• just curious-how do you handle it when you're actually to blame-like really hurt someone? I ask as I've found people who apologize for things that aren't their fault tend not to apologize when something IS their fault

• Haha sometimes I say it as a courtesy.

• I notice a lot of women tend to say sorry to me when nothing happened. They say it in a very meek and submissive tone.

• Nah not normally

• I'm Canadian. Sorry (it's true)

• No cause most of the time I'm not actually sorry I just say that 😂 To make them shut up.

• Yes that is common habit of mine always saying I'm sorry.

• I'm Canadian, so ya.

• I used to say sorry a lot but, now i rarely say it

• I used to have. And i discovered that people are not worth it.

• Yeah I have Aspergers so I ask that a lot. I'm just making sure someone is okay. That's how much I care about others 😊

• Actually, no.

• Sometimes at work.

• Sorry, but no. I'm so sorry, I really mean it. Sorry.

• Yes how did you know?

• yes I say sorry a lot I am a humble person when I'm aware of that I'm wrong I say sorry

• I'm Canadian, so it's a thing...

• I only say sorry if she's about to call the cops.

• Yeah I do, sorry!

I think it's fine, just means you're extra polite.

Can u help me out with a question pls?

• No I'm Donald Trump

What Girls Said 16

• I barely say sorry at all tbh, I have a habit of not saying it.
    Instead of sorry I usually say "My bad." or nothing at all. I don't know why lol
    People think Im rude. I don't blame them.
    media.giphy.com/media/SpnKwdZc2n9C0/giphy.gif

• i do this all the time~ it's just how i was raised.

something breaks? you apologize.
    bad grades at school? apologize.

oftentimes, my parents made me apologize for things whether i was 'sorry' or not. now, my boyfriend is trying to break me of that habit. and he gets frustrated because he doesn't understand that's how i was brought up. one doesn't simply undo 30 years of conditioning.

• I do Say "Sorry" But only when I Mean it.
    I also will "Say Sorry" when being Sarcastic when This Little word is Needed to be Said.
    Good luck and Great question, @Maiiread xx

• I say sorry all the time. A random kid shoved my friend out the way once when we were in London and I apologised to the child for my friend as if my friend was the one in the wrong :P

• No. Lol. Sometimes I wonder if I should though.

• Yes me too 🙈

• Yeeeeeeeeep. I say it way more than I should.

• Yesss lol

• YAS I def have that problemo

• Yea that's boring. I say sorry, "thank" and "can I" all the time

• No, sorry

• No it's kind of a pet peeve of mine. I'll only say it when it's necessary

• Yes, I have a habit of saying sorry, a lot. 😅

• No, I never said "sorry", that's for peasants.

• Let me ask one question, are you a Canadian?

• I say it way too often.