I am thinking about running away, advice?

I am thinking about running away for multiple reasons. Just now my dad came out and yelled at me for the dog barking. My parents would care less for my health. I wanted to homeschool, so I didn't go to school this year thinking I'd be set up for a program and its been 3 months without any education. My parents fight all the time. I asked for a 12 dollar shirt the other day. "No! Wtf? Go buy your own shit, freeloader!" Sure, I should buy my own but buying your daugther a shirt is not a big deal. I use to self harm. When my parents found out they said "just stop" and never spoke of it again. It's been getting worse to. They treat me like a hostage, like I don't belong in the house. My sister treats me horrible and gets away with it. I can't stay here. Please don't say "just deal with it." or "talk to someone." or anything. Please tell me how to runaway before I do much worse than that. I am 15 by the way. (no, i am not young and overreacting.)

What Guys Said 7

• I feel like most of us have gone through that stage where we feel like we are not appreciated, and it doesn't help when our parents aren't the most affectionate. It's a crappy feeling, being an adolescent is such a stressful and confusing time, sometime we over react over the smallest things. I'm sure that your parents care about you but maybe there is just a lack of communication between you, and instead of having regular conversations, the only interaction you have is through arguments. Siblings are assholes at this stage too, sometimes you have to stick up for yourself if no one is willing to listen to you. Show that no one can walk all over you. I would recommend talking with your parents about what's bothering you, if things are really bad at home talk to a counselor, i'm sure they can provide you with more information on your options. Also if you decided to home school and you see your parents aren't doing anything about it, take some initiative and inform yourself on what courses you need to take, how to take exams and so on, in the end it's your education not theirs. If they don't care enough to help you through it take it upon yourself, you're not a little kid anymore. Think of your future before you decide to run away.

• 15 is young and over reacting. But if you must you'll need a place to live and a job. Shit apartments in the shit part of my town is around $200 a month. You'll need first month's rent and last month's rent so $400 up front. Add $150 or so for utilities and heat in the winter. $200 a month for food. You won't have any furniture so $100 for a shit bed. Right there you are at $850 and you haven't even moved out yet. since you're a minor you are only allowed to work 32 hours or something like that so after taxes your paycheck will be around $350 so that would be $700 a month. Most jobs direct deposit your paycheck which you you'd need a checking account which you have to have your parents co sign since you're not 18. Getting your drivers license to get to work you need your parents. Shit car costs $800 and add $120 a month for insurance. And on top of all this you don't have health insurance so you get hurt you're fucked. The only way I know would to be homeless and pray you look bad enough for the aid home to let you in.

• Do you have any money or somewhere you can stay? Your situation sounds bad but it's not easy by yourself. You need money every day to pay for somewhere to sleep and to eat and then also more costs could come up like clothes etc. So if you want to do this plan it out really well. Once your away bad things could happen. You're a 15 year old girl alone on the street? Can you defend yourself? No. I think your desire to get away is totally justified but I don't want you to end up in a worse place. Do you have any older girlfriends or so that have a place? Also you have to think about your long term options. If you run away you can't go to school because if you sign up they'll find you and bring you back also you will need to work because you need money but you'll get paid like shit because you don't have any qualifications and you're a runaway so you might get paid less than minimum wage. So do you want that life slaving in a dead end job for nothing? Just try and think ahead and make plans that will get you a better life. If it is to be it's up to me that's my motto I'm trying to make my life better aswell. I'm really sorry about your situation and I'm not trying to say it's not bad at all. But you need to think of your options and decide carefully. It's great that you want a education if it's important to you then bring it up every day until they tell you what's going on and why you're not getting educated etc. Ask them whats going on and insist that you want to go to school and learn. If you really want to run away then that's ok but don't do it just like that you need a plan for the short term and the long term or you wil be screwed. Everyday will be up to you and if you screw up once you're homeless and hungry and from there it can go downhill fast even more.

• Running away at 15 with no education or a few thousands dollars at least would land you in a few places. Not the white house but on the side of the road on in a back alley.
    If you were in the UK , you could join the army.
    In the US you have to wait until 17 and have a diploma, and have parental consent.

In all honesty the best thing to do right now is talk to a counsellor who will get things sorted out.
    Some states require minors to have some sort of schooling so if you haven't been to school for 3 months , you could talk to them about it as negligence to start an intervention but I am talking out of my ass at this point.
    In all honesty , talk to a counsellor. If you were to run away you should at least make sure you have the skills to support yourself.

• Before I finished reading this I thought this was posted by my girlfriend because she's treated the same way by here parents but she a few years older and in collage plus She used to self harm as. well. And her siblings treated like crap too. But you just need to work things out with your parents

• For a girl running away at 15 years old is always not a good idea unless you know what you were doing. I advice talk to someone like therapist or a counselor.

• ooo, she's a little runaway

What Girls Said 3

• If you're being abused, call the cops. If you run away, the cops will drag you back and your parents will be even worse to you when you get back.

• Start going to public school. At school, you'll be able to talk to a guidance counselor who can help you decide what to do

• Depending on the state, legally you're not allowed to run away until after you're 17. Cops will have no other option except to take you back home.

So either...

A) wait a year at home. Finish school at a public school to get out of the house. And find babysitting jobs that are flexible with school, to also get you out of the house. Finish your education and focus on your career and future. Study at Starbucks etc, don't go home as much as possible. Use the house to your advantage: it's a free hotel to shower and sleep at.

B) find a sugar daddy on seeking arrangements. com and find an older gentleman that is willing to risk his life on paying for you and having sex with you.

C) look up survival skills and run away to the forest and risk dying in a million ways. But you'll be free.