Why do girls try steal guys from other girls?

Me and my girlfriend go out a lot and seems like every time I'm with her I get way more female attention and I'm wondering why

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls do it because they want to know that they can. It's an ego boost for some. They see a guy is taken and see it as a challenge. To them, it proves they are better than the girl he currently has.

When I was in high school there was this girl who was so insecure and jealous. She started dating my ex, and then it couldn't stop there, she had to start hanging out with my friends too. I knew something was up, because she never hung out with my friends until she started dating my ex. Then she was always at our table at lunch and around our lockers at break. And she was never there before.

She would also always sit across from me. as if she wanted me to see that she was there. It was really odd. But she was really insecure. She kept posting on Facebook about how ugly she was. So I think she was jealous (my ex still liked me, but I didn't want him). But I didn't pay her any mind. She got really testy with the guy and he eventually broke up with her.

That threw her over the edge, she got really bitchy to everyone. But she stopped hanging around with my friends!

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 34

• It's partly that sense of competition and wanting what you can't have. And it's also because guys in relationships look like guys worth being in a relationship with. Kind of twisted I know, but it basically says to us, "Hey, that girl thought he had good boyfriend qualities, so he must be of some value." It also says he can make a commitment which is attractive.

• The ratio of men on the earth to women is MUCH higher; there are more of you than us so if you're taken it means you're datable and can make a girl happy so other girls will want that.

• I've noticed the same thing when I'm out with my boyfriend. I seem to get a lot of attention from guys, too, even though they know I'm taken. Neither of us encourage it, and the majority of the time the girl/guy that's giving the attention knows we're together. Some people just don't have respect for relationships.

• Its not just girls I've experienced it with guys too, especially after I got engaged, even from guys we both know. To me its can be for a number of reason

1. They want what they can't have

2. They are actually very insecure and try to prove I could get him if I wanted.

3. The fact you are with someone else suddenly makes you a commodity and people start to see you differently and think well if she's with him then he must have something.

4. Some people get a kick out of breaking up couples

5. When you want a one night stand who better than someone in a relationship who's not going to chase you down or look for something more from you.

6. Getting with someone else's girl/boyfriend makes you the sh*t amongst your group of friends especially if they don't like your s.o.

• some girls need to feel better than every other girl out there, like lifes one giant competition and if they can flirt and attract another girl's boyfriend, that then shows them that they are "better" than the girl he's dating. it's rather immature really and skanky, yet it does happen

More from Girls
29

What Guys Said 6

• It seems a trend to me. When I'm not involved with any girl at a given moment, I'm not really popular with the girls. But, if I start dating someone, its like every girl in town is lined up at my door. I think its just a popularity thing. If a bunch of girls see you with other girls, your automatically more of a challenge and more popular. And if your with just your bros, they see you as a loser (even though I'm not). But its unfair how women judge like that. And chances are the guy all popular with the ladies, a girl is going to get her feelings hurt going after him. I don't know, its immature. At least the older and farther away from high school I get, the less it happens.

• Some women are drawn to men that are wanted by others. They'll sometimes act on it.

• because all girls secretly hate each other and want to be better than each other

• cause chicks love competition and drama. they will do all negativity just to get attention and fit in

• Pre-selection. Women want men that other women want.

More from Guys
1