• Ask
  • myTake

I am 42 years old and attracted to younger women 20-34? Ladies would you date a man my age?

Ladies , I know I am attracted to younger females and no I am not a player...younger ladies would you date a 42 year old man?Why or why not!

Wow,double standards galore...proves my point women can date any age range they choose...however if a man likes younger women he's a weird pervert...Wow

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Oh my, your update! I haven't read anyone's responses but I think you'll like mine! You can absolutely date younger women! I am married to a guy who is 10 years older than me and my late husband was 16 years older than me! Age is nothing but a thang unless the woman is older and the guy wants kids. If you fall for someone much younger than you and you both are in the same mind set then THAT is what counts. I would much rather date someone who is on my level than be stuck with someone who is not just because of an age factor. Now here's something funny. Lately MUCH younger men have been hitting on me and at first I shunned them but then when I started talking with them there were quite a few that seemed to have higher intelligence than me and I found that to be SO attractive! I can feel it now, I'm gonna be a real cougar! lol. You go ahead Sweetie and date all those younger women you want. There are so many women out there like me who prefer an older more distinguished man who has good morals and we can hold a very intelligent conversation with. I really hope this helped. Oh and by the way, my sister recently married a man who is 18 years older than her. Whoo Hooo!

What Girls Said 39

• Being completely honest, although I don't have a problem with age differences (my mom is 13 years older than my dad), I'd prefer not to be with a guy older than late 20's or early 30's at my present age, because he's close to my generation and may understand some of my experiences better. I just don't think it would work out, since we'd be in such different stages of our lives. I admit that I still have some growing up to do and things to work on, and I don't want a guy who's a lot older than me to feel like he's babysitting me or want to rush me into anything just because he's already there. Once I've improved myself some more, finished school in a few years and can enter the real world on my own, I might be open to a wider age gap. But that's only a maybe and there are lots of factors to consider.

• I've seen couples but it kind of looks like father&daughter

• No, my dating range only goes as far as 10+ years and not any higher. Plus what do you have in common with someone who's 20 years younger than you?

• Most likely no and I say "most likely" because that's a 21 year age gap and we'd just be in different places in our life. But if I happened to find a guy I'm compatible with I wouldn't turn him down solely because of age.

• I'm 19 so I don't really fall into that age range, but no I wouldn't. The differences would just be too big. He would be at a totally different stage in his life, I just don't think we would have a lot in common.Plus I want children in about 5 - 10 years, he'll be 47 - 52, no offense but I think that's a bit old for starting a family

• @update lol women have an even harder time dating boys 20 years younger. No one should date someone 20 years younger. If keep going for it though, you better have money because statistically the older the age difference the more likley the younger person is in there for the money. With a 20 years age difference she is almost certainley in it for the money.

• ewww like she could be your daughter

• Never.

• @Update: Not true. A 40+ year old woman wanting to date a guy 20 or more years younger than her seems just as desperate to me as a 40+ year old guy doing the same.

• I'm scared of vampires :(

• Why do you want younger? Simply for the age? that's rather shallow don't you think? I tried dating an older man...

• It's not really the age but what you want... I wish I could but my folks didn't approve.

• Everyone is attracted to youth. That's what you're suppose to be attracted to since it's a person's prime age. You should really stick to people your own age though, because you and girls in their 20's will have almost nothing in common. A lot of people have preferences but won't say no to other people just because they don't fit that, so keep your options open, And you do seem like a weird pervert, because your user name is larry69, not because of who you find attractive, haha

• my name is my birth year 1969

• Lol, that's still very misleading, and you know it!

• Lol, is that all you want? someone to have kids with? Go get a surrogate! You need to understand that the parents of these so called women won't approve sadly. you're only attracted to the sex obsessed youthfulness and freshness of the young. But hey, I can undersand? Good luck. It may NEVER arrive.You're dream girl GIRL. ...GIRL

• I know a 42yo guy I wasn't good enough for because I was close to his age. He went and got a 25yo virgin instead. She was so young & stupid she had no idea she was getting played. He said ALL the right things and got her to open her legs instead of waiting for marriage like she wanted. So sad, but young people can't help their brains don't stop growing until they're 30. The thing is older men know this and they use it to their advantage. Creepy!

• Some do some like the spark youth and love brings...

• Yeah, younger guys are better looking... smoother, softer skin, stronger sex drives. But when I really look at them as a person, mostly I see immaturity, inexperience, and naiveness. I don't want to be with someone I'm constantly having to educate. If I wanted I child, I'd give birth to one.

• idk I am talking to a guy that is 30 right now (i'm 21) and we have a lot in common other then the fact that he doesn't really like to party and I am still in my party phase. but I could see us working out. you just gotta meet a girl with your interest. we have lots in common, music taste, movies, clothing, so I could see us together. he isn't especially rich either so its not even that kinda of thing. 42 though, eh I don't know how much we would have in common. the guy I am talking to now doesn't even understand the concept of pokemon or harry potter which I know is for children but I was a child when those things came out so I still kinda like them. I feel like a 42 year old would find me childish.

• its really depressing to think that I am only going to be attractive to guys for the next 9 years. yeah that is fcking bleak.

• I think finding you childish is part of the appeal to older men. (not saying you are childish, just requoting you) ;)

• idk I might be too childish tho, that guy just decided to stop talking to me because I party too much lol. back to dating college boys(:

• No I've tried it. I've found that the men get turned off by that fact that I'm still in college and not living on my own. We're at different stages in life so it's not as easy to connect with someone who is living on their own with a full time job. Also I get really excited about midnight music events and concerts while it seems older have "settled down".

• Well I am unsure. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I usually would want to be with somone my age but I know men that are older are just that, men. They are more mature, wiser, experienced, and look at the world from a different perspective than a 20 year old. So maybe, yes. I think if society hadn't drilled into me the idea that dating someone so much older is socially unacceptable/wrong, I might be more open to it. But I am still unsure of this particular topic.

• Good answer

• finally a smart girl!

• I wish more girls would think like that then girls would look for love and feel OK with what ever age. No one would be asking this question

• Personally I probably wouldn't I'm 25 my sister is 23 and dating a 43 yearold well prob leaving him soon though... I don't know it's just a large age gap for me personally and even for my sister sees it she wants to spend time with friends and is young going to college and he wants to settle down and stuff. I mean if you love the person then OK it depends on the girl but I always prefered someone a little closer to my age group. Sry if it sounds mean or double standards I mean hey I think it's weird when a like 43 yearold lady was dating a dude in his 20's it's just personal preference but good luck;).

• To be honest no no no, I don't care how much money you have, how hot you are, I don't care, one because at 42 your at a different of life, at 21 the oldest I could do at 32 and in fact I did do a a 32 year old and even he and I ran into the problem I was working two jobs and going to college and he had a career and wanted to settle down and at 21 I wasn't ready to be anyones wife and have anyones baby. he didn't understand that I couldn't blow money on extravagant trips. and besides it would awkward to take home a guy who is close to my parents age (44, 46)

• No that's really too old. It's just wrong

• when I was 24 I dated an older man that was 37 years old. He turned out to be a player but that has not put me off older men anyway. All depends on what situation he is in and if the relationship would work.And of course you like younger woman because younger woman nowadays put a lot more on show than more mature women.Just my opinion ofc :)

• i don't see why not. for me, a guy is either attracted or not. no matter how old or young he is. I am personally interested in this 40 something guy. I think he's super hot and would date him in a hearthbeat. hope it helps!

• i think a relationship can be any age !

• If he's filthy rich and still handsome. (At least in shape) Other than that, no... 42 is a tad old for me. Plus, older men been through marriage or being engage at least once. So, what makes it with me any special? - Also, they are mostly to have kids around my age. Kind of awkward.

• yes

• Honestly only if you have money. There is a guy in his late 30s early 40s I think that's trying to get with me and I wouldn't even give him no time because he's broke. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but if you're old trying to date young, at least come with some money to sweeten the deal. If not, what's the point?

• Like being a cougar is looked down upon

• no, because I thought I would at one point..but I dated a 32 year old and I'm 21 and the age gap was way too large. I wouldn't go above 30 now.if I was less than 10 years younger I would consider dating your age.

• at update, no you are reading it the wrong way, besides men that age really only want younger women for sex. how can people at different stages in life and in different generations have a real life together? sure they can have a sexual relationship, call it exclusive if it makes you happy, but that's all it is.and if the women don't want to date older men either it's a two way street. they feel uncomfortable and taken advantage of by an older man who is not an equal and it's understandable.

• Of course you're attracted to younger females. Most people, men and women, are at their physical prime in that area. That does not mean that lasting relationships form that way. You'll also have to "compensate" her in a way for giving up physical attraction to be with you. This usually comes in the form of being rich. If you honestly believe she'll choose to be with you just because of personality, while you're being shallow and going after looks, you're kidding yourself.

• Probably not... I've flirted with a guy your age (I'm 20) and it wasn't creepy or anything, but actually dating him? I don't think we'd be on the same page. I don't know any 40-45 year old who could relate to my life and vice versa, haha.

• Not a chance.

• Like if this was new.I guess I would depending on his humor and pretty face.

• I'm in that age range and dating someone as old as you...neither of us were looking to date that old/young but it just happened. The love is there to stay and we will probably get married in the future..we've been together for some time now.The attraction wasn't purly physical, most of if was actually mental/spiritual. We just fit and it works...There are women who date older, and who don't care about age if the love is there. Not all young women date older men for money (I HATE that stereotype) and now all older men date younger women for arm candy..Something to remember: if you date for shallow reasons, you will find a shallow person. If you can find someone you are attracted to who you genuinely love and care for, the age gap won't be a huge deal.

• *NOT all older men..."now" was a typo..

• Show More

What Guys Said 10

• Women in their 20's have very low interest in men in their 40's.At 30, some are more open to it.At 36 or so, they'd consider 42 a pretty 'normal' age.That's what they'd say anyway. If your game/attractiveness are very high you'll do better. From what you say your success in the field is not really bearing that out.If you're thinking that you're inexperienced for your age and would hence do better with a younger woman, good luck. Young women who LIKE older men like them because they are established, confident and know what they want and what they're doing. An inexperienced older guy is basically a less attractive version of an inexperienced younger guy.This: link tells you something about actual interest, rather then theoretical.

• damn those statistics made me feel like have no time left

• No my cousins are 36 -38 in they want date guys pass 40 . They like them in their 30's or younger

• Thanks for sharing the article.

• Not at forty. Unless you're a young looking guy or deep pockets, you're more likely to look like a perv than actually be taken seriously.

• every guy is attracted to women 20-30 years old...

• to your update: well, you basically came here saying "to the women over 37 or so, you're ugly. To the women under 37, I think I'm probably ugly too, but would you bone me anyway please?"

• larry, larry, larry.i hope your sales numbers are very good.

• If you're really interested in finding someone special then date closer to your age so that you two can have more interests. Maybe 28 - 35 range. Girls in their early 20's only know things from the last decade so it would be hard to talk to them.

• I think you were the only one saying you were a weird pervert, which is telling. lol j/k bro.Personally I don't think it matters as much if the man is older because all he really needs to do is provide sperm and money to raise a family these days. For a woman it matters because her ability to reproduce is a narrower window.

• Good to know almost every girl who considered it was looking for money. Not nec getting paid, but travel, wine and dine. Jeez. There are plenty of girls with daddy issues out there who are into it beyond the cash

• To your update: The women dating guys 22 years older then them are just as screwed up as a guy dating someone 22 years younger. Can't blame you for your feelings, just don't act on them.

• Dude... don't go after girls under like 25-30. That's not cool.

• Bro this is creepy.