Why do (some of) you add extra letters at the end of words for no real reason?

Why do (some of) you add extra letters at the end of words for no real reason? ie. like thisss

Never really understood that. If you're a guy and type like that, I suppose you can answer too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Like with the word hey.. I don't just flat out say... "hey". In person. I'll usually be more like Heyy! It reflects how I speak and If I do drag out a word in person I will in text. Now if someone does it for words that don't even make sense, then that's stupid.

• Awsomeeeeeeee.

Lmao

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 16

• Lol, I can only think of a few occasions I do that. It's a way of expression through text, a way to emphasize something. I wouldn't say "thisss" but I might be guilty of "sooo cool" or "Nooo!" :) I don't get too crazy with it.

• I try to type in a why that reflects my intelligence.

• To be fair, the sort of person who types like that probably does too.

• I don't get it either. I only do it to emphasize a word. For example, if I'm enraged, I'll type the word "rage" as "RAGGGGEEEEEE". Besides that, I never do it.

The most annoying one is hiiiiii or heyyy.

• Yeah, that heyyy is a killer.

• BC wE feeelle LieK it <3 and EET makes uss so cuteee <3 OMGGGGG

• i don't do that. Makes it seem like I couldn't keep my fingers off the last letter of a word

More from Girls
11

What Guys Said 1

• because they type with a lisp