Why is my crush logging off Facebook every time I log on?

Please feel free to skim, I wrote alot-sorry

He's a year ahead of me going into college. During this past year, he and I had this silent "relationship" going on: both of us liked each other and at the same time both of us were too shy too come forward. And I was happy with that. I mean I don't want a boyfriend as of yet, for the moment I was happy with the hallway glances and smiles. And ever more fortunate, we had the same free this year too, so we would watch what idiotic thing the other was doing (mostly him). And then, during Christmas time I finally got the nerve to friend him on face book and he accepted (maybe I did want be bf/gf). And that was it. The hallway relationship resumed. I mean I kinda thought that since I friended him, he should be the one to step forward and chat with me. Right? And now its summer and I worked hard to not like him anymore. And then the idiot (sorry) goes ahead and comments on one of my pics. After recovering from a mini heart attack (jk) I replied back-something funny- and he lmao'd. Hours later I get back on fb and I see that he's online. I also see that he likes another one of my pics. I go back to see if he's on chat and he's gone. I know I know, he might have had something important to do. Anyways, at this point I wasn't sure what I should do. I was thinking that I should leave a smiley face in reply to his "lmao" in the previous pic but then I decide against it. Later on at night, I get on again (I have no idea what's wrong with me). I see he's on. I then decide to do what I didn't want to do before. Right after that, he off of fb. What the heck does this mean? He likes me but is too shy? or He doesn't like me but wants to be friends and thinks I took it the wrong way? (which I did-hehe) Thanks to whoever replies. I would normally leave a smiley face here but after what happened I'm kinda not...thanks

you guys are right. I am over reacting. but I think I'm finally over him so I'm just gonna end it here, cause for one thing I don't know if I really want a relationship with him, so...

But thanks for the comments, really insightful. =)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think you need to be sure that he even likes you before you accuse him of avoiding/ignoring you. You say both of you liked each other but it sounds like you've never spoken. I'm not saying he doesn't like you but he might not even know you like him... Most people will add anyone who's name they know on Facebook. And while commenting on photos is a good sign, it could be nothing. Here's my advice... from a guys standpoint, I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know you like him. So let him know... for real. Glances and luaghs aren't going to cut it. We are pretty thick. Send him a message saying "hey, we should hang out sometime, we would have fun going bowling together" or something like that. Better yet, talk to him in person. I'd say he probably does like you but doesn't know you like him and he's kind of shy. Good Luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Two times he logged off? At best that's inconclusive. I've gotten on fb only to log off a second later. For all I know somebody thinks I'm purposely avoiding them. I wouldn't freak yourself out about this, it doesn't mean anything.

Send him a message or something like that. Don't even worry about the chat thing, it isn't a big deal at all.

What Girls Said 1

• I know the feeling when someone you like, likes one of your pics & comments :))

But by chance do you have the new Facebook chat ? Maybe he doesn't know that your online. Your over reacting. Inbox him. Say any random thing, if he likes you [which I think he does , because he was going through your pictures & liking them] when he sees the message he'll reply in a heart beat. When you see him online, log off & send him the message... and when he replies, come back online. :))