Is married coworker flirting with intentions?

Ok, I'm aware of all the moral issues associated with having an affair...

But I'm just curious...is my married coworker serious when he flirts with me? At first I thought he was just humoring me because he knew I had a little crush on him--a mutual ego boost so to speak. But lately, he's become not only sexually suggestive in his flirting, but he's touching me and giving me looks like he's deeply in love. I know he has the ability to make himself appealing to women, which is why I'm suspicious of his sincerity. I've known him for six months. Of course, I would not have an affair with a married man, but I would like to know whether he's only amusing himself and making the time pass more quickly at work or whether he expects our flirting to turn into something more.

I haven't had much experience with men which is why I'm not sure if hints and innuendos and overt touching are par for the course. Would a guy do those things if he didn't intend to have sex at some point? There's a huge age difference between us and he honestly does not seem like the kind of man to cheat on his wife. I'm kind of regarded as "the kid" at work because I'm the youngest of my coworkers. I know I'm making him sound like a creeper, but he isn't--he's naturally very friendly, flirtatious, and kind to everyone. Lately he's been making wild suggestions about taking me to fancy restaurants or on trips, though, which is what sparked my curiosity as to his intentions. Oh, one other point: he has tried to cover up from me that he is married. He makes himself out to be a single guy, and I had known him maybe an entire month before I found out indirectly that he has a wife.

Thanks for your help. This is totally controlling my thoughts right now, because I definitely have feelings for this man

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yes, he has intentions. Those factors aren't suspicious by themselves, but all of them addded together show that he is definitely interested in you. For both your own moral reasons and for reasons specific to the fact that he's your married coworker, I'd suggest you try to cool things down.

What Guys Said 1

• If he were just suggesting going out informally, that might just be playful flirtation. But he's making major moves, trying to 'buy' your affection. This is quite serious and you need to stop him before the gossip goes any further. Even if you don't say yes, the gossip mill is no doubt already saying you are having an affair.

So act now! Within the day! Call him up and tell him to stop or you'll contact his wife.

What Girls Said 2

• This is going to be harsh; but let's get real...

A love triangle has 3 people. It's a no win for everyone involved.

It would be one of the BIGGEST mistakes ever made.

I am disgusted when a married man comes on to me.

It's insulting to his wife & me.

To think I would ever be home-wrecker! NEVER!

To think I would ever be played for 2nd! NEVER!

YUCK!

Plus you 2 work together; that's can be complicated,too.

Tell him to stop disrespecting you.

You also have the right to file sexual harassment against him.

You do not want to lose your job over this boy.

AVOID HIM.

• Don't do it! If he does it to her, he will do it to you... this is a smart, attractive man who knows how to get what he wants... Wait for him to make it more obvious before you do anything.