• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy says 'it was nice meeting you'?

When you meet someone within a professional capacity and get on well, what would it mean if he emailed 'it was nice meeting you' as an opening sentence? Does it have a literal meaning or is it man code which could be interpreted in to something else?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i really don't know what code you could be talking about...that sounds like a pretty straight forward "it was nice to meet you"

• Maybe I'm over analysing the scenario. ?After our encounter I didn't think we would have any further communication,?however he found a way to contact me. When I asked other female colleagues if they had received an email of the same nature they said NO. The main reason is why he would have just emailed me??

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• It is just a polite thing to do. Like after an interview you always say, 'it was nice meeting you' to come of as polite and professional. Generally, its never nice meeting interviewers!

• Why just me and not the others? See my comment above, thank you.

• It's what almost everyone says to each other after meeting people for the first time. It's just polite, there's nothing to it.

• OMG! Prepare yourself. This may be quite shocking.He was just being polite.