What does it mean when a guy says 'it was nice meeting you'?

When you meet someone within a professional capacity and get on well, what would it mean if he emailed 'it was nice meeting you' as an opening sentence? Does it have a literal meaning or is it man code which could be interpreted in to something else?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 2

• It's what almost everyone says to each other after meeting people for the first time. It's just polite, there's nothing to it.

• It is just a polite thing to do. Like after an interview you always say, 'it was nice meeting you' to come of as polite and professional. Generally, its never nice meeting interviewers!

• Why just me and not the others? See my comment above, thank you.

• OMG! Prepare yourself. This may be quite shocking.

He was just being polite.

• Selected as most helpful

i really don't know what code you could be talking about...that sounds like a pretty straight forward "it was nice to meet you"

• Maybe I'm over analysing the scenario. ?After our encounter I didn't think we would have any further communication,?however he found a way to contact me. When I asked other female colleagues if they had received an email of the same nature they said NO. The main reason is why he would have just emailed me??

• It means he wants to marry you, obvious