Why my boyfriend pick his Xbox over me at night?

Hi my boyfriend is 30 and he loves his Xbox! I don't mind that he likes to play, it's just the hours he spends on it and those lonely nights I sleep alone cause he is playing Xbox. When we first started dating things were great he didn't even have an Xbox. Then once he got an Xbox it seem like I wasn't  getting the attention from him like I used too. I sleep alone, hearing him playing on the Xbox with his boys laughing and everything. I wake up in the middle of the night to him still playing at like 3 in the morning or passed out on the couch. This has been going on for awhile and it makes me sick. He just doesn't understand he says he does but hasn't done anything about it. Still same old, same old...Not sure what to do anymore?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Xbox is so much better than women. It is always visually stimulating, never complains, is always ready to do something you want to do. You will never beat it.Don't demand that he quit playing altogether. Plan ahead what you are going to do with each other and don't let him change plans. Allow a few nights for Xbox.

• "Xbox is so much better than women"Lol this is what's wrong with guys on this site.

• Show Older
    • The vast majority of women don't do that. The ones I hang out with don't even know how to cook for themselves. Women are awesome but the act of finding the right one for you sucks a lot and Xbox is usually a better all around good time.

• I see what your saying about most women don't do that, I'm not like most women. I do my best to understand my man and make him happy, I just don't think he understands me... I'm not asking for much, I would just love to sleep close to my man shouldn't be an issue and talk about anything. Make each other laugh kiss one another just his present. Just twice a week would be nice, anything then nothing.

What Guys Said 5

• Is this his first type of video game console? If so, he will get bored of it sooner or later.. Everyone does.Atleast he's not going out at night and actually leaving you. Cause I'm pretty sure you would lose you sh*t over that a lot more then this. This is nothing.

• Your right about the going out part.

• Yea I don't mind he playing it's just that he can't compromise or think of my needs.

• It sucks hearing about stuff like this, because I'm into games as well, and I don't have a girlfriend. But he needs to learn that you're more important than the xbox. I guess maybe he's playing it more than being with you, because it's something new to him. Do you play games with him to spend time with him? I hope I don't hear later on that you made him choose between you and games, and him choose games, but keep me informed on this. I hope it does get better for you.

• I did once but I didn't care to play really.. I play sims3 on my pc probably like 3 or 5 times a month not even that... I have a 2yr old boy so he keeps me pretty busy.

• Show Older
    • I would never let him choose cause I already knw he would choose the Xbox which is sad.

• Well hopefully it gets better for you.

• Once they make those things with the ability to have sex with us, women will be in huge trouble. I read your comment under Frunkiss, and you've got to be kidding me with that. Most women don't do that now.

• I wasn't meaning sex just want to be held at night it's been months since we've slept in the same bed he passes out on the couch cause his up all hours of the night playing Xbox. We both work and really don't have much time together to talk or just enjoy each others company, if that's hard to ask for then that's a problem. What do most women do now, please explain.

• "If the Xbox is so much better than women, then it can start washing his clothes clean his house feed and take care of his dog out etc." That's your comment under the guy below me and most women certainly don't do that.I meant that if the gave the ability to be sexually pleased by game consoles, women would be in big trouble. Wasn't talking about that being what you wanted. I understand why you would be upset by the whole thing. I get it.

• seems like the xbox is more entertaining. He gets some fun out of it. Whereas when he takes care of you, you get something out of it.

• He plays the damn thing every night! His playing as we speak, I worked this morning and we both also work evening shifts tonight. I just feel like nothing, I used to have fun with each other before that Xbox came along...

• What time do you go to sleep?

• I have mention to him how I felt, I just hate sleeping alone...the earliest I go to bed is midnight especially if I have to be up at 5 for work, but most time it's like 1. I don't like his comments when I do go to bed "don't be doing you shouldn't be doing" if he was so concern then come to bed with me don't make assumptions about me when don't knw.

• I was asking a question not making assumptions. Way to jump to conclusions woman! Your boyfriend is addicted to his Xbox. Try walking out naked in front of the TV one night when you're about to go to sleep and just drag him out of the couch and into the bed. But don't turn it off because he will probably get mad, or actually on second hand just f***ing turn it off and tell him its a game and he needs to grow the f*** up.

• I wasn't meaning you were making assumptions I was talking about him (my bf)sorry for the confusion. I'm not trying to use my body to get him to just come to bed with me in that way I want to be respected. It just hurts that's all. I've heard it works though but I'm not sure if that's my style, but I could try something new. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!