Why doesn't my boyfriend text me or call me first?

alright so me and my boyfriend have been seeing each other for almost 2 years but official for 1 year and 4 months, I know he obviously really likes me because he tells me so but he rarely texts me first and never calls me unless I ask him to! 99% of the time I'm the one texting him first (and I don't text him often because I don't want to be clingy and I like giving him his space), and most of the time he responds to me right away but recently he's been taking a long time (half an hour-an hour at least) or won't even bother replying! I have no clue why, like I've asked him casually why he didn't respond and he rarely has a good answer, like he'll say "oh sorry I forgot" or "oh I don't know I was busy", like I know he isn't that busy..should I stop texting him for a while? or should I ask him again? I don't want to come off as clingy because I'm not, but its bugging me so much! please help guys :( ps. I'm in grade 11 and he's in grade 12, thank you :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 3

• Because he knows you will.

• true, I cut down on texting him first now

• well maybe because when yu started dating he got used to use to do that first ( which is very wrong !) ... and besides he shud learn how to appreciate yu ! so take a step back don't call or text even if it meant 1 week ! .. and if it gets further than a week then sorry but he doesn't really care ... but if he calls and asks about y you didn't call him all you would say is .. " sorry baby I was busy " keep on doin that untill he learns the value of you !

• thank you!

• i agree with you! I don't text him anymoree, thanks :)

• Dear girl, you are young but you will come to learn that if he doesn't make the effort, he's just not that into you despite him telling you so.

• Selected as most helpful

Some people are just not phone happy

others are getting too many calls

many are too busy to add phone "business" onto their day

often people want a real life of joy instead of technical buttons & problems

email is a preferred choice in my life

Since this is not working out, suggest you create a regular face-face meeting time, e.g. lunch, after school, church?

• ... and some people are not very good at it and it becomes a struggle for them ... what have you found to be your best communication tactic?

• i talked to him and you're right, he said he just doesn't really like texting people unless he needs to, thanks!

• well he is probably busy with something that has to do with graduation but give him space stop texting him message me and il lhelp you out

• I have 2 answers; either he's no longer interested in you or he got someone else. Set a date and find the right time to talk to him one on one, ask him! if he's a gentlemen he will tell you the truth. give a try and good luck :) ps: talk to him in a nice way, leave your selfishness and emotion while discussing about this sensitive issue