Valentine's Day, Smalentine's Day!!!

Valentine's Day, Smalentine's Day!!!

(Image: Pexels)

Valentine's Day, Smalentine's Day!!! Well, what do you want me to say? Bahhumbug! Oh wait, that's for Christmas!!

Valentine's Day is synonymous for the Day of Lovers! A great big bundle of red hearts, chocolate candy, long stemmed red roses, and softy, fluffy cuddly teddy bears!!

(Image: Pexels)

Oh, and let's not forget the evening time undergarments for those late night escapades! We're all grown and we know what grown people do!

(Image: Pexels)

Y'all are probably wondering why I'm so anti-Valentine's Day...or perhaps not! Y'all probably think I've had my heart broken by some old romantic love! Well...no! That's not it! I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day! Not even when I had a boyfriend! Not even when I was married!

You read that correctly! Not even when I was married! You see, I've gotten the teddy bears, the chocolates, the candy, and the jewelry! Dinner! Movie! You name it!

(Image: Pexels)

I've engaged in the proverbial romantic dialogue but I am of the mindset that the day of love should be everyday! Not just celebrated or cherished on Valentine's Day!

This year, Valentine's Day will look much different! You see (here is a moment of truth and transparency), the day before Valentine's Day, my divorce will be final! I am not ecstatic about getting a divorce but I am happy for it to be final! This will be a day of peace and relaxation for me!

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have a bae to cuddle and kiss on, you like that Beyoncé song All Night--rub up, feel up, and kiss up on ya!!!

(Image: Pexels)

Yeah, that's nice but as for Valentine's Day, I'll be toasting up at a girls night out event! And I'll drink to that!! I'll be dreaming of my future! My dreams! My desires! My goals!!! Would you like to join me?

(Image: StockVault)

Tell me about your most memorable Valentine's Day, be it good, bad, ugly, or in between!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• Nice MyTake... I would have to go with dinner reservations... show up at restaurant and get cancelled on my blackberry at the last minute. Yeah a blackberry... LOL

• Valentines day is completely a corporate thing and is meant for people to think that showing appreciation for those they love should be done on Christmas, their bday, or Vday. In truth it should be everyday that you show appreciation to your lover (for putting up with you) maybe Vday can be a day that you dona little something extra. Maybe rather than giving her flowers as you do throughout the year, plant her a small garden when she's at work. Or find her favorite show on a complete set XD.

• I've never had a valentine lol

What Girls Said 2

• Last year I went to cabin with a bunch of friends for the weekend that Valentine's happened to fall in... Didn't really celebrate it but I had a great time.

• Last year I went to dinner with my now ex husband. Let's suffice it to say that we had a bad time. He didn't even want to go but I still shelled out over $85 for dinner for two.

• Nice Mytake