My boyfriend said I love you then he freaked out and took it back

My boyfriend and I were talking and I said to him "you do so much for me" then he replied "because I love you" then he started freaking out and was saying no, no, no I didn't mean it like that, don't get any ideas. He got nervous so I didn't say it back. but, I smiled and started laughing and whispered to him the tongue never lies then he started laughing and said shut up. What does this mean? why did he freak out? We've been together nearly 3 months but we see each other every few weeks or so.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• he thinks its too early to say it,

• maybe he thought it was too much, don't worry

• Selected as most helpful

was it the first "I love you" in your relationship?

it could be the whole stigma about saying it too early scaring the other person off.

the laughing part may have ment he relized you were not upset with him saying I love you.

hum... you can say you were just surprised and that it's okay for him to say I love you. how do you feel about saying I love you to him?

• thanks for best answer. did everything turn out okay?

• maybe when the time is right you can say it back to him. or even just tell him you enjoyed hearing him say I love you it just took you by surprise.

• Yes it was the first time and I do love him but I haven't told him.

• First, that's pretty awesome.

Secondly, he's all "giddy" and "nervous".

ALT VERSION:

Language mismatch, if the man said "You do so much for me because I love you" this is incorrect. So in essence he wasn't taking back that he loves you, or rather, part of the message, but instead the whole message, that you do things BECAUSE he loves you.

I like the first version. It's cuter.