Things You Can Do to Get Over Her

Things You Can Do to Get Over Her

A break up or getting rejected hurts, that's a given. For the longest time it feels like part of you is missing, and you just don't want to live. I remember feeling completely despondent and a little like dying after each time(combination of break ups and rejections). But, I quickly bounced back. I did because I realized a few things:

1. You don't have to be friends, if it hurts too much.

2. In about 2-3 years, it won't matter.

3. You don't have to wait for her, she didn't wait for you.

4. People who chastise you for not wanting to be her friend don't know your circumstances, so who cares what they think?

I'll get into deets about the above later, you're anticipating the list. Here are some things you can do to take your mind of it:

1. Watch a movie

It can be from the store, on Netflix, or at the theatre. The reason I did it was because I get submerged in the plot of a film I thoroughly enjoy! If you lose yourself in the action, you won't think about her. You'll be so consumed by the plot, she won't cross your mind! However, you may not feel the same about cinema that I do. I did hear that new Star Wars flick was good!😉

2. Play video games

Nothing, NOTHING, is more satisfying than good video game. I always played through once, erased the data, and played again. I also played my favorite titles, tried new titles, and even played online games, like Happy Wheels(because it's f***ing hilarious). So, get out there, try new games, play old ones, play free online games, and for Christ's sake, try and have fun, you party pooper!😒

3. Take up recreational marksmanship

This one is more controversial, even more so for myself because I'm on the Autism Spectrum(what with Adam Lanza and all), but I didn't care then and I don't care now. Autism isn't correlated with violence(but that's not what this post is about). Being good(or trying to get better) at something, including marksmanship, is great for keeping your mind busy. And marksmanship doesn't have to be limited to guns. Bows, spears, throwing weapons, and pitching require accuracy. And yes, that zombie target is one I shot at(I don't think I did too bad).

4. Throw a party

My brother, before he joined the Marines, always threw parties. He didn't have a reason to, he just did and quite a few people showed up. I guess it was to reinforce their brotherhood or something, I dunno. But just get your bros together, pick a place to go(like Dave and Buster's or something), and just chill. You need camaraderie, not a girlfriend, not a new girlfriend, not right now.

5. Start a new hobby

Try painting a landscape. Model kits? Sure! Sculpting? Go ahead! Collecting? If you'd like! Whatever your heart desires.

6. Do something that triggers an adrenaline rush

Skydiving, rollercoasters, rock climbing, or whatever piques your interest, just do it. Remember, this is your time, do something crazy! This, of course, is appealing to those who aren't acrophobic or suffer from motion sickness.

7. Get some exercise

Exercise is supposed to help with depression. It'll give something good to look at in the mirror, and if you do it enough, you'll look physically attractive, when you decide to date again! Just remember to keep a stick nearby to get women off of you when you head over to your date!

And finally....

8. Cook yourself a meal

It doesn't even have to be healthy and you can eat it in any order you choose(dessert then the meal, vice versa). It can even be anything you like!

Don't jump back into the dating pool, you're in no shape for that, yet. Just enjoy life while you can, you only live once (unless you believe in reincarnation)! That being said, get out there and enjoy yourself!

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Awesome post! I find that these work for me as well. And my ex played video games non stop after we broke up loool, and I watched new tv series and a shitload of movies on netflix. :D But I defo need to try out more of these. They sound like great ideas tbh

Most Helpful Guy

• "In 2-3 years, it won't matter."

Depends on what she did to finalize the breakup. If she sent someone to threaten you, then she's probably a garbage lowlife for life. That's someone to put up walls to protect one's self from, because that kind of girl will always look for another excuse to introduce hell into your life. You're probably not the first she's done that to, and won't be the last. It's what powers her hellish soul.

These kind are the hardest to get over. It's not that things didn't work out; it's that she was secretly the enemy all along. And your imagination can wander in a million directions concerning how she will take advantage of having known you when you were most vulnerable. Simply dropping a missile on her house is not an option; so you have to gradually get to a point that damage control is not such a big deal.

• I meant the relationship wouldn't matter. Out of sight, out of mind, yeah?

• Not necessarily. If she does enough damage, then you begin to hear voices every time you meet a new gal saying: "She's gonna do the same thing to you as the last one, it's only a matter of time."

It's not easy to live with that nagging suspicion. Especially when it proves to be true in spite your damnedest efforts to shield yourself from it.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

• These are all great bits of advice. Best just to do everything you can to distract your mind until you finally feel like you're in a much better place.

• I've also learned that as well as watching a movie, you can read a book. It allows you to escape from your own reality for a while and focus on someone else's. Lasts longer than a movie as well (:

• I'm a female version of this. I was able to cook this one up pretty quickly because, being that I'm male, I know how guys deal with things. It'll take me a little longer to cook it up because I'll need a little insight.

• *proof. See?

• Ohhh haha I was so confused 😜

What Guys Said 4

• Well said. Excellent!. These are very good ways to get over a woman

• 9) banging her again (best one)

• Exercise? If I've just been through a breakup, I'll want to feel BETTER!

• And I realize I was redundant on that portion. Proof read, SIGguy, proof read.

• Thankyou for this :)