Sometimes we fall hard for a people who sometimes may not be for us. These people can be dating someone else, not into you or just unhealthy for us. It sucks I know. I use to think that no matter what I did I couldn't control or change my emotions. But when this love hurts or just brings you down trust me its easier to move on. here's a few steps to stop your heart from aching.
1. First step to this whole thing is avoid all contact. Weather its Twitter, Facebook, texts or in person. Put a stop to all contact. Block them, unfriend them and dont answer. Do whatever you need to do. If you simply can't avoid this person limit the contact. If you see this person the majority of the time take a different way or simply ignore their exsistance. (they don't deserve you anyway)
2. Express your emotions. Cry it out as much as you need. Listen to sad songs all you want. Talk to your friends about it. Just get all the feelings out of the system.
3. Understand why this could never work. Dont justify this person or keep giving them the attention. There must be reasons why you two just can not be. Consider all the bad & harm this person had done to you. Stop thinking or missing the good memories and realize that there is also bad memories.
4. Distract yourself. Be active and stop yourself from thinking. Go to the gym, go out with friends, volunteer or spend time with family. Do all the things you always wanted to do. Your world must not revolve around this peron. Learn to love yourself again. Its the best thing you can do.
5. After some time. Open up and look around for new people in new places. Go ahead meet new people and discover what others have to offer. Know that you can do better.
Repeat this process & before you know it you will be so over this person & ready to breathe once again.