10 Best Tips For Getting Over Someone ❤️💪❤️

This mytake is not meant to represent all #CasesOfTheEx and probably best fits for those who were brokenhearted, ghosted or dumped so sudden.

1. Listen to Some Music

First, listen to something fit for the moment, but then lighten up with something better.

2. Ask Yourself “Why”

Why did the two of you not workout? Are you ready to accept that you could be partially to blame for the downfall of this relationship? Did someone cheat? Did someone fall out of love? Was the whole thing one-sided?

3. Ask For Closure

Once you have come up with why you feel the relationship ended, reach out to the person you formerly shared the relationship with and tell them you are seeking closure. Tell them you just want to know their reasoning because it will help you move on. If their reason for the breakup is different from yours, don’t argue. Just agree to disagree and be understanding of what they may have been going through as well. If you’ve reached out for closure but are being avoided by them, then you have to accept that your reasoning for the breakup is closure enough.

4. Don’t BE Friends, Just Unfriend

You have to cut all contact people. Delete them from your phone contacts. Unfollow them on social media. If they won’t let you be and/or give you the space you need to move on, then you may have to block them. Don’t even keep tabs on them because it’ll just make you miss them or want to compete with whatever they’re up to.

Remaining friends whether in person or at a distance is not helping anyone get past the problems y'all worked up. If they were your friend before you began dating/flirting/fcking etc then you have to accept that all went out the window when you chose to become something more. You don’t have to full on ghost them. Just Leave them a short message, sweet and to the point that you're about to cut all contact. If you see them in person, avoid them to the fullest if possible.

5. Try to Avoid Doing “Yalls Thang”

For example, if you only liked eating at Cheesecake Factory because it was his/her favorite restaurant, then try to skip out on the place for a while. Go back to what you liked before meeting them. Go back to watching your shows, not “our” show.

6. Give Yourself Some Time Alone

”Me Time” is incredibly important after a breakup. You need time to reflect on what just happened, why it happened. Because when it happened was probably pretty recent. Spend some time alone to restore your self-esteem and remember what life was like back when you were single.

7. Rebound If You Have to

If you just really can’t be alone, then fine, find someone to make you feel “temporarily” better. However, you dont wanna toy with anyones heart after it being done to your own. So make sure you let this person know that you’re not ready for anything serious and are just seeking comfort. Also, dont seek a rebound out of revenge. Don’t flirt with someone just to rub it in your exes face because that will show you’re clearly not over him/her.

8. Once You Love Yourself, You’re Ready to Love Somebody Else

After you have built yourself back up and restored your heart, then you should be good to go. If you feel you're ready to enter the dating pool again, go for it. But i suggest you choose someone with a name that doesn't match/rhyme with your exes. Matter of fact, lets go even further. Try to go for a completely new type. Step out of your comfort zone and see if you can find someone different, opposite of what you’re usually drawn to. But make sure this person is capable of making you happy and doesn't remind you of your ex.

9. Just Kidding! Think Positive Silly

10. But Remind Yourself...

#TheExFactor #FeelFreeToList #HealingSeason

30
8

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guys

• Heyyy.. something good to read.. nice take YO... as a dating professional LOL I would say take it one day at a time and make sure you are on your path and purpose in life. Most of the time it's lopsided in peoples lives.. they give 75% to another human being and only 25% to their path and purpose in life.. it should be the opposite.

• Thanks but yea im making that mistake as of lately. I give my boyfriend that 75% and dont get it in return

• Yeah you deserve better YO

• We’ve been working on it. Yesterday was good. Today was okay. Just gotta see how the rest of this week goes

• ScottSummers

great take i love it. Music always helps me to feel better, n8 is true and n4 is something i always advice my friends to do. Sadly no one listens to me so they end up being miserable.

• Thank you :) and yes they should listen to you

Most Helpful Girls

628
  • OlderAndWiser

Hang in there! This, too, shall pass.

• This is from a year or two ago lol

• I didn't realize this was old before you made that observation.

Ironic how life has a way of repeating itself, yes?

• StrangerByTheDay

As always, good interesting posts dear Desi.
    Totally agree with mostly everything you have mentioned, thus, as you said, there are exceptions and the tips won't always apply in all kind of situations and everybody.
    In my own honest opinion, I disagree a bit with the "Rebound" tip you have given. As matter of fact you will be playing with somebody's feelings, ending up in hurting them as well. Not to mention, it will make you feel more down yourself. I have personally experienced it quiet few time when I was a teenager and still younger than 25.
    If it is a matter of sexual need, then I could be fulfilling that desire with my hands instead of hurting someone. In case a friend with benefit kind of relationship will help, then it is better to be honest and clear with that person and tell the story as it is and you are still rebounding.
    As the GIF says "No relationships. No emotions. Just sex."
    We should indeed get done with the old chapter before starting the next one.
    From my own personal experience, getting ourselves busy is only a way to "Kill The Pain", but we both know, we can run as much as we want but never hide from the fears and pain. I would have suggested to face the fears with "Meditation" and psychology books. I have been there loads of times, and I know the feeling, and what helped me the most is reading meditation and psychology books. They help us get out of our comfort zone, destroying every single wall fears have built, thus, making us free birds again.
    If financially a person is able to afford a trip, than traveling is the best way to free ourselves by discovering new cultures and countries.
    We will always find ourselves in the places we used to go before as a couple, so in my own opinion, you can just keep on going and facing that fear.
    Music is my favorite hobby, I listen a lot to it. Many songs remind me of ex relationships. Did I stop loving the songs or listening to? Of course not, but I have went back in my memory to understand why in the first place I used to love this particular song, and it had nothing to do with my ex.
    Overall, your tips are gold dear Desi.
    Sorry I have not been so helpful with my opinions lately, but I only share what I "Honestly" think and not what people want to hear.
    Respect, Love, be Sincere Honest Polite and Decent.

The tip I would want to add myself to your great take is:
    Face your fears, don't runaway, take those feelings out of your system.
    It will be painful, but worth it.

• You must didn't read the full tip. I said let them know the position theyre in in a friends with benefits kind of way to avoid toying with their heart but whatever

• No dear, I read it all, but must have misunderstood something.
      My bad, please accept my apologies :-)
      Sometimes I don't understand the real meaning because I have not lived in a American country before and don't know the "Way" of saying things.
      Your reply sounded as if you got mad somehow, and I apologize for that :-(

• Prankster13

Augh! That's not fair she was already moved on before she even left!

So I can't do 2-4 because she won't let me/ already did it.
    7-8 is what I'm on now. But it's not working.
    And 10 I already had down.

I'm moving backwards here. How do I stop moving backwards?

• Do you feel ready to love again?

• Yes! I wasn't ready to stop to begin with!

• But u needed to take a break. How long have y'all been broken up for? Because i moved on within a few days and then had a hard time getting over the person while in my new relationship. It took like 2 months to get over them

• CHARismatic110

Do NOT ask yourself why! That can go left real quick and become a "why me, why wasn't I good enough" type thing. Everything is cool. The closure thing is really important but unfortunately you don't always get it.

• I mentioned above in the paragraph that you may not get the closure. And the point of asking why is your way of figuring out whatbu think the prob is before u get closure

• Well from experience, the asking why wasn't a good idea. But by all means...

• It helped me. Cause i was like “oh he cheated cause of this reason...” or “oh he didn't like me back cause of this reason” and then i asked him and i was right. Its like two people piecing a puzzle together

• SarahsSummer

I think one very important thing you can do is to get busy in your life doing healthy things and filling your mind with so much stuff there’s no room to think about him.

• The last point mentions that

• Sorry. So true. I completely ignored the small print cartoony stuff.

• bethshepherd

Many who are getting over someone are not realistic and do not race the truth. They come to me for therapy and psychic tarot readings and tell me that they were soul mates with their ex, that they got on so great, they were perfect together, they could read each other's thoughts and had so much feeling and compassion for each other and want to be together forever, yet their supposed soul mate dumped them and does not want to talk to them again, hardly the actions of someone who wants to be with them forever and thinks they are the greatest. Be honest with yourself, you cannot get over someone and move on until you have faced the true facts.

• You forgot my personal favorite.
    List all their negative qualities. Works every time

• Logorithim

These are all good things, but one does also have to think over what caused the breakup and draw some lessons from it as part of the healing process.

• JimRSmith

I think that got to the heart of the matter pretty well. Well done!

• tobeornottobe777

These all seem like great things
    Also have family and friends that can offer support is crucial in any of life's harder times.

• SC4321

I was ghosted in my one and only relationship about 2 years ago and I've thought about her every day since. It's not as much now as I used to, but still every day. Don't know how I'll ever get over her.

• NewYear-NewMe

I agree with this although I’ve never been in a relationship. I really need to love myself more because right now I don’t feel good.

• Yes love yourself :)

• I don’t know how to because of how far behind I feel

• You gotta learn to love yourself so we can love you too

• I just cry a lot and watch sad movies while eating ice cream

• JDavid25

Good take.. Although I wouldn't ask why cause that will keep it goin longer than it needs to be.. I am the master of tryna figured out why somebody didn't like me, and look at little hints and scenarios.. It's kinda like torment in a way.. Also I never like that line "Fall out of love?".. If that love was so weak that you can "fall out of it" then it wasn't love at all.. In fact the term "Fallin in love" is not that great anyways.. It's better to grow to love somebody.. Grow in love..

• Its good to ask yourself why but dont spend more than a day doing so

• JDavid25

I guess thinkin it through could help really.. I mean I do like to think things through..

• LegateLanius

Thank you. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get in that situation

• Hopefully you never have to go through with that

• Hans222

That sounds very wise Desi. Must admit I have little experience wth it... but I tend to get attached to people so leaving people behind me would be difficult :o

• Beeni

I don't know about all guys. But I can't be alone. But in saying that I been alone almost 18months now and I've lost the plot.
    Going totally mental. And never had to rebound before so don't know where to look or start. (Pretty well life long partner/wife so far

• Yea i mentioned that some people can't be alone

• Lance1965

Shift your focus from the person you broke up with to yourself. People tend to dwell on the other person, especially men. Realize that they are not important anymore. You are #1 and always should be.

• Yep i mentioned that above

• Lance1965

Yeah not much else you can do. I wish there was a quick fix but there isn't really. I am still going through it now and it has been over a year.

• cupidkisses

When you have a lot of spare time, you find yourself thinking about your ex. So it is better to find yourself some works to do.

• arnoldsmith

you women get over guys real quick
    so why is this post even here

• BillyB4

I’ve found that the two main things you’ve got to do are figure out exactly why you broke up, and go and meet new people.

• Yep i listed both above

• BillyB4

Yeah I know I’m just saying I think those two specifically are the most important

• yulbsari

You don't always get closure. I certainly agree with #4.

• QueenofCups

I totally agree. I always rebound way too fast.

• Same. I made that mistake this time around cause they overlapped like a week apart

• I'm afraid to be alone. I think a lot of girls are.

• Guys too thats why they move on just as easily

• Desuyonee

but there are 12 thing in the first picture? ? ? ? ? ;DDDDDDDD

• The pic is just a pic. Its not part of the tips lol

• Asimov

Jerk off. The end.
    (To someone that looks completely different)
    Go over to a friend's house.

• No im not saying being desperate. Im just saying lower your standards a little bybgoing for someone who has 50-70% of the qualities you like rather than 100%

• Asimov

I wasn't replying to one of your tips, I was just adding on 2 more.

• bubble_tea

Nice list. The rebound tip has worked for me.

• PrinceMarvel

So well written.

• Nice222

Great take thanks

• ThePundertaker

I hope I don’t need this... but thank you

• fashionguy17

Smoke some weed.

• Aynsof

A couple of those are much easier said than done

• your_ego

Tip 0: Don't get into anyone in the first place

• Revolver_

I will never get over her

• james_mark

And that's why I'm fkboy! JK great MyTake!