I Love and Miss You: A Letter I'll Never Send

I miss you.

I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss our late night conversations. I miss the way your arms felt around me. I miss how you playfully teased me. I miss sleeping in your bed, my nose buried in the sweatshirt you'd worn that day. I miss the smell of your cologne. I miss your voice. I miss your stubbornness. I even miss fighting with you. you know why? Because our fights were worth it. You're worth it.

You're worth every tear I've cried over you. I know people say that the right person won't make you shed tears, but I think that's a lie. Those you love will drive you to that point sometimes. The only difference is that it's worth the pain. And you're worth every fight we've had, every night I spent thinking about how you messed up, and how I messed up, and considering whether or not I should swallow my pride and say sorry to you.

You might not care, but I think about you every day. I don't try to, but you just keep wandering into my mind, and I don't know how to get over you. I've tried. Believe me, I've tried. But I can't. Even on my busiest days, when I'm not supposed to be thinking of you because there's too much else going on, I miss you. I still wish you were here. I wish I could talk to you, laugh with you, hug you.

And it hurts that I can't. It hurts more than you'd imagine. It feels like a part of me was ripped away, and that's honestly an incredibly scary feeling. Love is a scary feeling. I didn't necessarily want to fall in love with you. In fact, I tried not to. But it happened anyway. And now I'm stuck in this trap of trying to forget you, remembering you, telling myself I'll be okay without you, and then missing you.

I miss being able to tell you everything. I don't have anyone else I can tell everything to. I only had you. Well, I could tell you everything except how I feel about you. And when I told you things, you'd help me without even saying a word. You didn't talk at me and tell me what to do and how to do it, you'd just listen. Only when I asked you for advice did you give me advice, or when you could tell that I was on the verge of breaking down if you didn't. And I'd listen to you and give advice to you in return. I like to think that I helped you, too, but maybe not.

Every day, I wake up thinking of you. Every night, you're the last thought on my mind. I know it sounds cliche, but you are. And I miss you. I miss you like hell. But I don't know if you miss me. You probably don't. But honestly, part of me is glad. I don't want you to feel as hurt as I do. You deserve better than that. Just remember, though, that you were everything to me. You're still everything to me. And I'd do anything for you.

I love you.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Very beautiful! I love how you bare your soul like that. I know you're not asking for any advice so you may stop reading here :-)

Okay, what I would do is clean up your thoughts of any negativity that might be there. A few times in your letter you refer to what sounds like an almost painful yearning. I invite you to gently stop doing that and to focus only on the positive things about the relationship.

Relationsips go on forever, they never stop. They may not be expanding right now, as in this case, but you're still in each other's spirits and your story proves my point. Whether he (?) is thinking of you or not, you're there.

When you're pretty stable over time in a purely positive vibration about this relationship, I'd rewrite the letter so it matches your now yearning-free love.

And then I'd send it.

• Thanks!

I see our fights as a positive though because the reason I fell in love with him is because I saw that he wasn't perfect and was still willing to accept that. He was just as stubborn as I was but we both accepted that anyway. I don't regret anything from fighting with him because it's what made us stronger. The crying I do t think I'd tell him about because I'm not gonna guilt trip him into wanting to be with me, but if I see him again like he plans (we didn't work out because we're young and since he was moving, it would've had to be long distance and we are still trying to finish college so neither of us are in a position to be together) I want to tell him at least part of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the best take i have ever read. I broke down in tears reading it :( because i can relate to it so much.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• " A Letter I'll Never Send"

• How long since you guys fell apart?

• 5 months

• *I miss those things, as in I miss her asking if I'm ok, because I could feel she is doing that with the best intentions and that she wants to take care of me.
      Don't know about other guys, but I like when the girl does these little things by which she indirectly show she cares

• It's scary talking about feelings haha But yeah, it sounds like she really did care. I just am not good with words and neither was he. I didn't know if he was gonna come say goodbye before he left because we were both busy so I went to see him two days before and we were just talking and then I had to go so I went to hug him and told him it was in case I didn't see him again. He hugged me back but he was confused and said he was coming over right before he left. And then he did and we could barely say anything. We just hugged but we both knew what we meant. Neither of us are affectionate but we hug each other when we need to say things we don't know how to word. One time we fought and I was trying to apologize and he told me it wasn't my fault. I tried to apologize still and he just hugged me and it all ended fighting after that. That was the first time we hugged. I miss his hugs. He always smelled really good, too haha

• Would be very flattering to receive such a letter!

I could write a similar letter to someone, who wouldn't be able to receive or read it :(

• I don't know. If I were single and I got a letter like that, you'd be back into my life faster than you could say "make up fuckin."

• Thats some good shit, is it possible to get over her? I dont know but just keep in mind if that love you give to someone who apperiates it... He/ she will be there they will always stick to your side keep loving man, many are dying for such love

• did it as well. so many love and Death letters i never sent... sigh!

• Aw, I'd love to get a letter like this :)

What Girls Said 1