I Love and Miss You: A Letter I'll Never Send

Anonymous

I miss you.

I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss our late night conversations. I miss the way your arms felt around me. I miss how you playfully teased me. I miss sleeping in your bed, my nose buried in the sweatshirt you'd worn that day. I miss the smell of your cologne. I miss your voice. I miss your stubbornness. I even miss fighting with you. you know why? Because our fights were worth it. You're worth it.

You're worth every tear I've cried over you. I know people say that the right person won't make you shed tears, but I think that's a lie. Those you love will drive you to that point sometimes. The only difference is that it's worth the pain. And you're worth every fight we've had, every night I spent thinking about how you messed up, and how I messed up, and considering whether or not I should swallow my pride and say sorry to you.

You might not care, but I think about you every day. I don't try to, but you just keep wandering into my mind, and I don't know how to get over you. I've tried. Believe me, I've tried. But I can't. Even on my busiest days, when I'm not supposed to be thinking of you because there's too much else going on, I miss you. I still wish you were here. I wish I could talk to you, laugh with you, hug you.

And it hurts that I can't. It hurts more than you'd imagine. It feels like a part of me was ripped away, and that's honestly an incredibly scary feeling. Love is a scary feeling. I didn't necessarily want to fall in love with you. In fact, I tried not to. But it happened anyway. And now I'm stuck in this trap of trying to forget you, remembering you, telling myself I'll be okay without you, and then missing you.

I miss being able to tell you everything. I don't have anyone else I can tell everything to. I only had you. Well, I could tell you everything except how I feel about you. And when I told you things, you'd help me without even saying a word. You didn't talk at me and tell me what to do and how to do it, you'd just listen. Only when I asked you for advice did you give me advice, or when you could tell that I was on the verge of breaking down if you didn't. And I'd listen to you and give advice to you in return. I like to think that I helped you, too, but maybe not.

Every day, I wake up thinking of you. Every night, you're the last thought on my mind. I know it sounds cliche, but you are. And I miss you. I miss you like hell. But I don't know if you miss me. You probably don't. But honestly, part of me is glad. I don't want you to feel as hurt as I do. You deserve better than that. Just remember, though, that you were everything to me. You're still everything to me. And I'd do anything for you.

I love you.

8
2

Most Helpful Guy

• ImmunoDane
    Very beautiful! I love how you bare your soul like that. I know you're not asking for any advice so you may stop reading here :-)

Okay, what I would do is clean up your thoughts of any negativity that might be there. A few times in your letter you refer to what sounds like an almost painful yearning. I invite you to gently stop doing that and to focus only on the positive things about the relationship.

Relationsips go on forever, they never stop. They may not be expanding right now, as in this case, but you're still in each other's spirits and your story proves my point. Whether he (?) is thinking of you or not, you're there.

When you're pretty stable over time in a purely positive vibration about this relationship, I'd rewrite the letter so it matches your now yearning-free love.

And then I'd send it.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

Thanks!

I see our fights as a positive though because the reason I fell in love with him is because I saw that he wasn't perfect and was still willing to accept that. He was just as stubborn as I was but we both accepted that anyway. I don't regret anything from fighting with him because it's what made us stronger. The crying I do t think I'd tell him about because I'm not gonna guilt trip him into wanting to be with me, but if I see him again like he plans (we didn't work out because we're young and since he was moving, it would've had to be long distance and we are still trying to finish college so neither of us are in a position to be together) I want to tell him at least part of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    This is the best take i have ever read. I broke down in tears reading it :( because i can relate to it so much.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

17
  • Kusher11
    Thats some good shit, is it possible to get over her? I dont know but just keep in mind if that love you give to someone who apperiates it... He/ she will be there they will always stick to your side keep loving man, many are dying for such love
  • HeWhoPonders
    I don't know. If I were single and I got a letter like that, you'd be back into my life faster than you could say "make up fuckin."
  • Unit1
    Would be very flattering to receive such a letter!

I could write a similar letter to someone, who wouldn't be able to receive or read it :(
  • Alex88F
    did it as well. so many love and Death letters i never sent... sigh!
  • Pedro_N
    " A Letter I'll Never Send"
  • LovePeaceHarmony420

Im still waiting for a letter... :(
  • looneymalooney
    How long since you guys fell apart?
    • Anonymous

5 months

• what happened though, isn't there a way for you guys to try and work it out?
      I've been there with the love of my life. It was the first girl that I actually truly loved. It fell apart and after we stopped talking, neither of us said anything to stop the pain. No closure, at least not for me.
      I poured my heart to her, she simply stood there did nothing. Don't blame her, but wish she would have offered the chance of a dialogue.

For a while I kept going out with the group, as in my desperation, I wasn't realizing it is over. I thought it will somehow work out.
      Then when I simply cut everyone out of my life, the reality hit her, she realized and got desperate, posting cheesy messages on her facebook.
      I wish she had the guys to actually sit me down and have a grown up conversation.
      Did not happen.

• Anonymous

It's a loooong story about us. I've shared bits and pieces of it but the whole thing is long and complex and sort of a mess. But we were never officially dating. We were just friends but we acted like a couple sometimes. But we still check up on each other and he promised we'd see each other again

• Anonymous
    Aw, I'd love to get a letter like this :)